When installing pathway surfacing for outdoor areas it’s important to consider the different options that are available to ensure you choose a surface type with the right look and functionality for its purpose. We can create designs and install flooring for walkways at domestic homes, gardens, commercial buildings, schools and public parks to create durable and decorative outdoor surfaces which look great and last a long time.
Depending on the amount of use your pathway surfacing is going to get and the appearance you want it to have, there are numerous specifications you can choose from including:
- Resin Bound Gravel – This is a popular option for paths as it has a decorative appearance and can come in a range of coloured designs. The resin bound stone specification is made using natural gravel aggregate which is combined with resin and installed onto a concrete or macadam sub base. Our installers then had trowel the mixture to leave a smooth and durable finish which is porous to comply with sustainable urban drainage systems.
- Resin Bonded Gravel – A scatter system where resin is applied to the existing macadam or concrete surface and the chosen stone aggregate is scattered on top of it to leave the appearance of a loose gravel path but with much fewer maintenance requirements.
- Rubber Mulch – This specification is commonly used for paths in play areas and parks as it is made up of bonded rubber shred which can be applied to most existing surface to provide impact absorption and to cover up muddy grass patches.
- Rhino Pave – A mixture of stone and rubber which creates a flexible pathway surface for use in woodland areas as it may be laid onto most existing outdoor areas without the need for heavy groundworks to prevent disturbance to tree roots and vegetation.
- Tarmacadam – Many clients choose this specification for a variety of uses but it provides a durable and long lasting surface for pathways which can withstand heavy pedestrian traffic without needing a lot of regular maintenance.
We offer professional advice with regards to all aspects of pathway surfacing including design, construction and costs. Please feel free to fill in our enquiry form and get in touch with us today for a free quote.
Decorative Walkway Surfaces
Each of the decorative walkway surfaces we install can be created with a bespoke design in a range of colour options allowing you to have a customised pathway surface which fits with any existing design themes at your organisation. Resin-bound and resin-bonded gravel can each come in a range of natural stone colours as well as more vibrant colour options to be used in recreational areas for children. The rubber mulch specification is also extremely versatile and may be specified in a number of natural colours as this is a common choice for use with play equipment such as timber activity trails and climbing frames. Tarmacadam pathway surfacing is installed in various designs and coloured paint can be applied to enhance slip resistance and create a more interesting appearance for decorative walkway surfaces.
best prices guaranteed
we offer free no obligation quotations
We offer assistance on all of the various surfacing types we specialise in for outdoor walkways so please feel free to contact us if you have any questions. Our experienced staff will be able to give advice with regards to designs, prices, quotes and installation for each of the pathway surface types so fill in our contact form today if you’d like more information.
Resin Gravel Path
There are two types resin paths that we may install. The first resin gravel path is resin-bound and the second is resin-bonded. Both of these surfaces are a decorative surfacing type and are great for pathways. These surfaces could be installed in a number of different colours including Brittany Bronze, Autumn Gold and Red Granite. The main difference between resin-bound and resin-bonded is that resin bound is a smooth, permeable finish whereas resin bonded is not. Since the stones and resin are mixed together prior to the installation and then screeded across the surfacing, the resin bound surfacing is laid smoothly. During the installation of resin bonded pathway surfacing, the resin is installed first and then the stones are added using a scatter system.
The resin gravel paths may be laid in a number of different areas including parks, schools and public places. Our team offer great prices for resin-bound and resin-bonded gravel and will be more than happy to talk you through the different pathway options available.
Rubber Outdoor Pathway
If you would like to install a rubber outdoor pathway, we have two different options available for you. You could choose to install EPDM wetpour or rubber mulch. Wet pour should be used in areas that would like bright, colourful pathways installed or plain black paths. Rubber mulch is best installed for more natural areas like woodlands spaces and parks. Both of these surface types are permeable, which means water can drain through.
From this video you can see the installation of an EPDM wet pour pathway. Our team carry out all of our installations to a top standard and will not be beaten on a like for like quote.
Rhino Pave Paths
Another more natural surfacing type that we install for pathways is rhino paving. Rhino pave paths are a permeable surface type that works well in woodlands areas and parks. There are different surface options available and we may alter specifications and designs to meet your individual needs and requirements.
The rhino pave spec involved mixing rubber, stone and binder to create a mixture that is flexible and strong creating a comfortable surface underfoot. This makes the surfacing great for pathways that will be constantly used.
Macadam Path Specification
The last surface option that we can offer for pathways is tarmac. The macadam path specification is standard tarmac which can be installed in numerous colours. Macadam is also a porous paving option which means that the surface will not puddle in wet weather conditions.
If you have any question about any of the surfaces we install for pathways, please get in touch with our team using the contact form provided and we will get back to you right away. We aim to provide the very best rates and will not be beaten on price for a like for like quote.