When you have an all purpose court built at your school or club it’s important to make sure it’s installed to the highest standards and that it’s looked after properly throughout its lifetime. We provide many MUGA sports facility services including construction of new multi use surfaces and maintenance of existing ones.
As specialist contractors we have installed many outdoor pitches and courts in surfaces such as artificial grass, macadam and polymeric rubber. Each of these specifications can be used for playing a number of games and activities and we can help you design the perfect facility, whether it’s for recreational use or professional training and matches.
free, no obligation quotations
Multi use games areas are great for schools and sports clubs as they offer a more cost effective sport space for people to use. Since multiple sports can be played in one area, you will not have to pay for a number of facilities to be installed – instead you will only need to pay for the one construction. MUGAs are also great if you have limited space available.
What is a MUGA?
A MUGA is a sports surface which is suitable for multiple different activities. These usually have a number of different sets of line markings and come in a selection of specifications.
Multi Use Games Area facilities fall into the following categories:
- Type 1 and type 2 multi use games areas which are a macadam surface finish with primary sports for tennis, basketball and netball, coloured anti slip coatings can be applied for added grip.
- Type 3 and type 4 MUGAs which have a polymeric surface finish with primary activities for netball, 5-a-side football and basketball. We can apply additional paint to these to enhance playability.
- Type 5A games area which is a 2G sand filled synthetic grass surface finish. These have stable and versatile playing characteristics for football and hockey in schools and clubs.
- Type 5B surfacing which is a sand dressed artificial turf finish with hockey as a primary sport. This is due to the smooth ball roll qualities which are ideal for recreational practise and professional matches.
- Type 5C multi-use games area MUGA which is a Multisport needlepunch surface finish. The Primary sports for football and hockey as well as use in athletics facilities such as running tracks.
- 3G MUGA sport surfacing which is a high quality artificial turf specification with natural qualities for football and rugby. This is due to the sand and rubber infill which enhance performance and safety.
Benefits of Multi Use Games Areas
These facilities are commonly found at schools, colleges and sports clubs as they cater for a diverse range of sports. Here are some of the key benefits of having a MUGA:
- Suitable to use for a range of sports and activities
- Versatile designs including hard court and artificial grass
- Makes the most of your existing outdoor space
- No need to install multiple facilities for different sports
- Less maintenance required as you are only looking after one area
- School children can enjoy doing a number of activities
These are a few of the reasons why people choose to have the multi-use sports facilities.
If you would like to see a reference for one of our previous projects at Taunton School, click here.
MUGA Surfacing Contractors
As experts within the industry with plenty of experience, we will only make use of premium materials and specialist equipment. Our professional MUGA contractors complete the installations to a top standard and will make certain you are happy with the finished result.
Although we may not be the cheapest contractors out there, we do offer the best services. Cheaper contractors may not use the same quality materials as we do and they may not have as much experience as our qualified, highly-skilled team.
Sport Facility Equipment
Another of the services we can provide is the installation of additional equipment and extras. This can help complete the court and enable you to use it to its maximum potential. These can include specialist sports floodlighting and secure rebound fencing which keep the area safe and allow the surface to be used outside of daylight hours which gives the potential to generate extra revenue for your club or school.
Anti slip paint coatings are also available for macadam and polymeric court surfaces in a range of bright colours. We can also apply line markings for different activities like basketball, netball and tennis. You can have full control over the design of your multi use games area to make sure it suits the needs of those who will be using it.
Make sure you fill in our contact form if you need some professional advice. We can supply loads of information about the sport facilities we install. One of our experts will talk you through things like costs, specifications and construction for your particular project.
We can offer great value prices for each of these all purpose pitch services so please contact us. If you’d like to discuss a project for building a new multi use games area facility we can help.
Our helpful staff will be able to give you some professional advice on how to create the perfect sports surface design which will be durable and maintain its performance qualities over long periods of time. Be sure to use our contact form and send us through your details, the site post code and an area size of the pitch. When we have this we can provide an accurate quote for the MUGA sports facility services.