Q26 SYNTHETIC GRASS SURFACING
Q26 Special surfacing/ pavings for sport/ general amenity
IMPACT ABSORBING SURFACINGS FOR PLAY AREAS
300 EXTENT OF IMPACT ABSORBING SURFACING
- General: Lay to the impact areas shown in the relevant parts of BS EN 1176.
301 EXTENT OF IMPACT ABSORBING SURFACING
- General: Lay impact absorbing surfacing as indicated on drawings.
350A SYNTHETIC GRASS SURFACING
- Base: In accordance with site survey
- Surface Course: Artificial Grass Surfacing.
– Standard: To BS 7188
– Manufacturer: Soft Surfaces Ltd, 35 Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AR
– Tel: 01625 445760, Fax: 01625 525619
– Email: email@example.com Website: www.softsurfaces.co.uk
– Product reference: Soft Lawn Synthetic Grass
– Colour: Green
– Critical Fall Height when tested to BS EN 1177: TBC
– Health and Safety: CHAS accredited, API accredited, CONSTRUCTIONLINE accredited
Substance known to be toxic or carcinogenic on skin or released as vapour or dust during normal use: Not permitted.
– Resistance to abrasive wear, slip resistance, resistance to indentation and ease of ignition: Evidence of testing to BS 7188.
– Critical Fall Height: Evidence of testing to BS EN 1177.
920 PLAY SURFACE TESTING
- Standard: To BS EN 1177 and BS 1177, where applicable.
- Testing Body: A United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS) independent laboratory.
- Timing: Within ten days of completing the surface works.
- Test Results: Submit.
- General: For all types of surfacing, provide the following:
– Name and contact details of installer.
– Date of installation.
– Name and contact details of manufacturer.
– Type/ description/ reference of products used.
– Manufacturer’s recommended inspection and maintenance procedures to maintain safety and impact absorbing performance.
– Manufacturer’s recommended cleaning and maintenance methods, where relevant.
- Signs: Provide permanent labelling in approved locations on all types of surfacing stating:
– Critical Fall Height;
– Date of Installation
– Manufacturer’s name and contact details; and