We are the leading sports surfacing contractor throughout the UK being able to offer the full scope of works from design, construction and maintenance. At the design stage of the multi-use games area all details need to be collated with primary sports from football, basketball, netball, tennis, athletics and many more.
Multi Use Games Area Specification
A multi-use games area aka MUGA is designed with all surroundings being a factor for the drainage, height of sport facility fence and floodlights. There are several types of dual use surfaces that we can install – Type 1 macadam surface facility, Type 2 macadam surfacing, Type 3 polymeric court, Type 4 polymeric sports surface, Type 5a sand filled synthetic turf pitch, Type 5b sand dressed synthetic turf hockey pitch, Type 5c needlepunch synthetic turf sport flooring and last a 3G synthetic turf sports surface. All of these have their advantages and disadvantages to meet the playing characteristics of different sports. Below is a photo of a polymeric multisport recreational facility recently installed in Stoke.
Sports Facility Contractors
We are a specialist multi sport area installation company and we’ve got a wide variety of knowledge within the upkeep, repairs in addition to construction of multisport areas. Multi-use facilities are good for many different organisations, for example schools and sport clubs. One good thing about MUGA facilities is that various activities are able to be played in a single area. Every construction is unique and specifications are created for specific needs. There are a number of surface types accessible; included in this are polymeric surfaces, artificial grass, tarmac as well as needlepunch. The surface type may vary depending on what the facility will be utilized for and the budget you are willing to pay out.
MUGA Pitch Maintenance
Our recommendation is that you perform routine cleaning and maintenance, after your MUGA has been constructed. To make the most from the facility and minimize the chances of needing pricey repairs, we suggest carrying out regular inspections to look for any damages. If dirt and debris get onto the MUGA facility, it is recommended you remove it as soon as possible in order to prevent contaminants. If your MUGA does get affected with contaminants, a chemical treatment can be applied as well as restoration to get rid of it. It is great to have a maintenance plan you can follow and stick to.
We’ve completed a number of MUGA court constructions across the UK over the years. As a professional sport surfacing company, we aim to build sport facilities to the top possible standard. If you’re interested to find out more regarding the construction of multisport areas, please have a look at one of our constructions in Macclesfield:
Get in Touch
If you’ve got any questions or queries about the construction and building of a sport facility then please fill in our contact form and we’ll get back to you with some helpful advice. We’ve got many product sheets and case studies we can send you to answer all your queries and here is a video link of a case study showing the works carried out for the construction – Polymeric Sports Court.
We have a wealth of experience in the sport surfacing industry and we’ve installed numerous multi use area facilities all over the UK. Our aim is to give all our clients a personalised service which meets their requirements and fits within their budget. We make our quotes and specifications flexible so that you can design the perfect sports facility for your organisation. If you would like to see any further details of our products and services, please visit https://www.softsurfaces.co.uk/ where you may find information for installation, specifications and maintenance.
What surface type would you choose for a multi-use area?
Tell us what you think about this in the comments below and share our article if you found it helpful!
You Might Also Like
Here are some MUGA articles you might like:
- Astro Turf MUGA Sports Pitches Rejuvenation Maintenance
- Building 5-a-side Football MUGA in Gloucester
- Coating Of Synthetic MUGA Surfacing With Acrylic Coatings
- Coating Of Synthetic MUGAs Surfacing With Water Based Coatings
- Coloured Asphalt Installation in Yetminster, Dorset
- Domestic MUGA Construction Specialists
- External Surfacing Skid Resistant Scale Deceleration Testing
- Floodlight Multi Use Games Area
- In Situ Slip Resistant Testing MUGA Sports Court
- Macadam MUGA Painting in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- MUGA All Weather Surfaces Finish
- MUGA Anti Slip Sports Coatings
- MUGA Construction Specifications and Costs
- MUGA Nationwide
- MUGA Pitch Designs for Primary School
- MUGA Surfacing Suppliers, Contractors, Companies
- MUGAs Multi Use Games Areas
- Multi Use Activity Surfacing Designs
- Multi Use Game Areas Surface Finishes
- Multi Use Games Area Rejuvenation Maintenance
- Multi User Game Areas specification, design, costs
- Multi User Games Area Surfacing, Construction
- Needlepunch MUGA Surfacing Upgrade in London
- Olympic Legacy Funding Funds Available For MUGA Multi Use Games Areas
- Porous Polymeric Surfaced MUGA
- Pressure Cleaning Tennis Courts MUGA Surfaces
- Proactive Maintenance For Multi Use Games Areas
- Promoting Teamwork with Multi Use Games Areas
- Reactive Maintenance To MUGA Pitch Surfacing
- Recolouring Moisture Cure Anti Slip Paint & Line Marking to Sport MUGAs
- Recreational Basketball MUGA Sports Pitch
- Recreational Mini Tennis MUGA Sports Pitch
- Residential MUGA Tennis Courts Painting Specialists
- Residential Tennis Court MUGA Colour Spraying
- Revitalise MUGA Sports Court All Weather Pitch With Rejuvenation
- Roll Form Welded Mesh Fences For Multi Use Games Areas
- Sand Filled MUGA Surfacing
- School All Weather MUGA Pitches
- Size of 5 a Side Court MUGA
- Size of Netball Court Sports MUGAs
- Small Sided Football Dual Use Games Area
- Soft Services MUGA Sports Pitch Surfacing
- Soft Services Multi Use Games Areas Surfacing
- STP, ATP, MUGA 4G All Weather Pitches
- Tips Applying Polyurethane Painted Surface to Polymeric Multi Use Games Area
- Tips Applying Polyurethane Painted Surfaces To Macadam MUGA Surfacing
- Type 1 Macadam Multi Use Games Area Sports Surfacing
- Type 2 MUGA Open Textured Porous Macadam Polyurethane Painting Finish
- Type 3 Polymeric Surfacing MUGA
- Upgrade Convert Rundown Tennis Court MUGA
- What is a MUGA?
- 3 Reasons To Build Dual Use MUGA Ball Court