Q26 IN SITU SYNTHETIC SURFACING
Q26 Special surfacing/ pavings for sports/ general amenity
IMPACT ABSORBING SURFACINGS FOR PLAY AREAS
300 EXTENT OF IMPACT ABSORBING SURFACING
- · General: Lay to the impact areas shown in the relevant parts of BS EN 1176.
301 EXTENT OF IMPACT ABSORBING SURFACING
- · General: Lay impact absorbing surfacing as indicated on drawings.
- · Sub-base: Base Course Macadam
– Thickness: 125mm Type 1 MOT
– Thickness: 50mm Open Textured 20mm aggregate base course macadam
– Manufacturer: Sports & Safety Surfaces, Tel: 01625 445766
- · Base: 2-6mm SBR rubber granule material
– Thickness: To suit the test certificate BS EN 1177
- · Surface Course: Wet-Pour, in situ laid polyurethane bound EPDM rubber crumb surface.
– Standard: To BS 7188
– Manufacturer: Soft Surfaces Ltd, 35 Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AR
– Tel: 01625 445760, Fax: 01625 525619
– Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.softsurfaces.co.uk
– Colour: From standard colour range
– Features: From wide range of graphics available, Tel: 01625 445767
– Critical Fall Height when tested to BS EN 1177: TBC
– Health and Safety: CHAS accredited, API accredited, CONSTRUCTIONLINE accredited
Substance known to be toxic or carcinogenic on skin or released as vapour or dust during normal use: Not permitted.
- · Submit:
– Resistance to abrasive wear, slip resistance, resistance to indentation and ease of ignition: Evidence of testing to BS 7188.
– Critical Fall Height: Evidence of testing to BS EN 1177.
920 PLAY SURFACE TESTING
- · Standard: To BS EN 1177 and BS 1177, where applicable.
- · Testing Body: A United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS) independent laboratory.
- · Timing: Within ten days of completing the surface works.
- · Test Results: Submit.
- · General: For all types of surfacing, provide the following:
– Name and contact details of installer.
– Date of installation.
– Name and contact details of manufacturer.
– Type/ description/ reference of products used.
– Manufacturer’s recommended inspection and maintenance procedures to maintain safety and impact absorbing performance.
– Manufacturer’s recommended cleaning and maintenance methods, where relevant.
- · Signs: Provide permanent labelling in approved locations on all types of surfacing stating:
– Critical Fall Height;
– Date of Installation
– Manufacturer’s name and contact details; and
– Product name