There are many reasons why all weather pitch surfacing gets waterlogged and flooded and the first finger pointed is to the sports construction company who built the pitch. This is because the drainage system which has been put in might not be adequate and could be unsuitable for a particular climate if there is lots of rain therefore causing water to build up on the pitch surface. However the sports surface drainage problems are often due to a lack of maintenance which leads the sand and rubber infill to become contaminated or compacted.
My explanation on this is to compare the synthetic sports pitch to a bath with a plug hole to let the water to run out of the bath so that it never holds any water. Once the contractors have built the bath and the water runs out nicely everything seems fine. Well years down the line if you were to throw a load of mud into the bath and let it build up clogging the plug hole then over years the bath would stop letting the water drain away.
A similar thing happens when all weather pitch surfacing gets waterlogged as dirt and debris get stuck within the pores of the surface and block them up, preventing water from draining away.
Synthetic Grass Pitch Maintenance
In a nutshell regular maintenance is needed and the number one killer for these pitches is badly maintained systems where companies come and just drag brush the existing contaminated infill around the pitch and then throw some new silica sand on top to make it look nice. This type of maintenance doesn’t really help the sports pitch and it still requires a deep clean and rejuvenation.
After 7-10 years of the all weather pitch a rejuvenation maintenance visit is advised which includes removing the dirty sand from the sand filled synthetic turf pitch and replacing with new which gets rid of all the moss, algae and algal squidge which has built up and makes the all weather pitch drain freely again. Having this process carried out improves the performance qualities of the surface as well as preventing artificial grass flooding.
When Your All Weather Pitch Surfacing Gets Waterlogged
If your all weather pitch surfacing gets waterlogged and flooded on a regular basis and the playing qualities have become poor, you need to have the area deep cleaned or rejuvenated to make it safe and enjoyable to use again.
We have carried out this sort of work at synthetic grass pitches all over the UK so please contact us through our enquiry form with an area size and post code of your sports pitch facility so we can give you an accurate price quotation. You can also look at our website on https://www.softsurfaces.co.uk/ to find out more about the other services we have available as well as all of the products we can supply and install.
Leave us a comment below if you have any more questions on why your all weather pitch surfacing gets waterlogged and we’ll give you some professional advice!
You Might Also Like
Here are some artificial grass articles you might like:
- AGP, STP, ATP Long Pile Artificial Grass Pitches
- All Weather Pitch Sports Surfaces
- All weather pitches – Standing Water, Flooding, Poor Draining?
- Artificial Cricket Wicket Surfacing
- Artificial Football Surfaces Set To Return to English Football
- Artificial Grass Enquiry Process
- Artificial Grass Football 3G Pitch Costs
- Artificial Grass Installation in Swarkestone, Derby
- Artificial Grass Nationwide
- Artificial Grass Nursery Play Area Flooring
- Artificial Grass Vs Natural Garden Lawns
- Artificial Pitch Framework Contractors
- Astro Turf Sports Pitch Contractors
- Billions of Rubber Balls in Fake Grass – 3G, 4G, 5G, 6G Pitches?
- Black Rubber Crumb Top Up For Artificial Pitch
- Coating Of Synthetic MUGA Surfacing With Acrylic Coatings
- Coating Of Synthetic MUGAs Surfacing With Water Based Coatings
- Costs constructing All Weather Pitch
- FA Agree to 3G Technology Artificial Surfacing
- Flooding Astro Turf All Weather Pitch Needs Rejuvenation, Restoration Maintenance
- Golf Pathways Options, Products, Construction
- How Do I Apply For Grant Funds for a Play Area in the UK?
- How is Artificial Grass Installed?
- Innovation of 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th generation synthetic artificial pitch?
- IRB Type 22 Rugby Union Longer Piled Artificial Turf Pitches
- Lano Sports Drive 23 Sand Filled Synthetic Turf
- Lano Sports Interplay 40mm 3G Synthetic Turf
- Muddy Wet Fitness Trim Trail Surfacing Options?
- Play Area Safety Surfacing De Icer
- Playground Grass Mats Safer Flooring
- Proactive Maintenance To Artificial Sports Courts
- Profoot MXSi Lano Sports Artificial Specification
- Q26 IN SITU SYNTHETIC SURFACING
- Q26 SYNTHETIC GRASS SURFACING
- Reactive Maintenance To Astroturf All Weather Pitches
- Reasons Why All Weather Pitch Surfacing Gets Waterlogged and Flooded
- Repairing Synthetic Turf Sports Pitches
- RFU, RFL, IRB Sports Artificial Pitch Long Pile Synthetic Grass
- Rhino Turf
- Safety Surfacing for Fitness Trim Trail made from timber
- Sand Filled Synthetic Turf Pitch Costs
- Schools Deicer Surfacing Products – De Icer Frost Maintenance
- Shock Absorption Vertical Deformation Field Testing
- Specialists in Building Artificial Football Fields
- STP, ATP, MUGA 4G All Weather Pitches
- Synthetic 3G Soccer Sports Surface
- Synthetic Grass Sports Surface Rejuvenation
- Synthetic Grass Surfacing Options
- Synthetic sports pitches corrective maintenance services
- Synthetic Turf Football Field
- Synthetic Turf Football Field Installers
- Synthetic Turf Football Pitch Construction
- Synthetic Turf Football Pitch Contractors
- Synthetic Turf Pitch Ball Roll Tests
- Synthetic Turf Sports Fields
- Synthetic Turf Sports Pitch Construction
- Synthetic Turf Sports Pitch Contractors
- Synthetic turf Sports Surface Suppliers
- Synthetic turf Synthetic Soccer Sports Pitch
- Third Generation 3G Artificial Grass Sports Surfacing
- Touch Rugby Long Pile Synthetic Turf Pitches
- UNFILLED SYNTHETIC SPORTS TURF SURFACING
- Vertical Ball Rebound Bounce Sports Surfacing Tests
- Waterlogged Artificial Synthetic Turf Sports Pitches
- Waterlogged Synthetic All Weather Pitch Solutions
- What is Artificial Grass?
- Why Choose an Artificial Hockey Pitch?
- Why Choose Artificial Grass for Your Garden?
- Why is my synthetic all weather pitch holding water and flooding?
- 3G Sports Pitch Construction
- 3G, 4G, 5G, 6G Artificial Synthetic Grass Pitches Explanation
- 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th Generation Sports Pitches – Difference in Specification
- 4 Reasons Why Schools Have Artificial Grass
- 40mm Depth Longer Piled Synthetic Pitch Surfacing
- 4G Grass Football Pitch Sports Surfacing Synthetic Turf Carpet
- 4th Generation Synthetic Sport Surfacing
- 5 Reasons Why Your Artificial Grass May Have Melted
- 5-a-side Football Pitch 3G Artificial Grass Surfacing in Liverpool
- 5-a-side Football Pitch Construction with 3G Artificial Turf
- 5aside Football Long Pile Synthetic Turf Pitches
- 7 a side Soccer Long Pile Synthetic Grass Pitches