Wet Pour areas are commonly known as ‘rubber tarmac’ and can become worn, damaged or slippy overtime. It is possible for rubber to shrink at the perimeter and move away from any existing edge. If this does occur there are a number of solutions, to get your wet pour surface looking spick and span! If it is just the band that has moved away from the edge it would require a chase or channel cut to be applied around the wet pour perimeter edge. Once cut channel cut is then usually filled and screeded with a different colour EPDM wearing course sitting flush up to the existing edge, this gives your area a fresh new look. It’s important to complete any necessary wetpour surface repairs as soon as possible to reduce the costs of further damage and problems.
Renovating existing rubber flooring with recap wetpour overlay is where your surface has shrunk at the edge and become worn, damaged and slippy, this can be corrected by carrying out an overlay or a recap, this again would involve cutting a chase cut to the perimeter but also applying a 15mm EPDM wearing course to the whole existing surface making a slight grading back to the existing edge. If you have a wetpour rubber playground surface which is in need of a recap or renovation, don’t hesitate to fill in our contact form and speak to one of our experts. They’ll be able to give you a quote on the costs for your enquiry and also talk you through what needs to be done.
We are specialists in supplying, installing, maintaining and renovating a wide range of surfaces and can offer free, friendly and professional advice on any query you may have! We work nationwide and have over 18 years of experience working within the industry. Wet Pour Safety Surfacing can be installed to various depths to meet the CFH of the playground equipment according to the HIC testing. Depending on any equipment you have in your play area, different depths of wetpour flooring can be installed to ensure maximum safety and impact absorption. This will help to stop children from being injured if they fall when playing on climbing frames or other activity structures.
If you require any more information on replacing your existing Wet-Pour safety surface visit our website to find case studies on similar jobs carried out or contact us through the form on this page. We’d be happy to speak to you about your enquiry and advise you on the best course of action, as well as providing an idea of costs for the work.
You Might Also Like
Here are some wetpour articles you might like:
- Play Area Wet Pour Safety Surfaces Finish
- Playground Wet Pour Flooring In Northamptonshire
- Playground Wet Pour Flooring In Northumberland
- Playground Wet Pour Flooring In Nottinghamshire
- Playground Wet Pour Flooring In Oxfordshire
- Playground Wet Pour Flooring In Rutland
- Playground Wet Pour Flooring In Shropshire
- Playground Wet Pour Flooring In Somerset
- Poured In Place Rubber Bouncy Playground Surfaces
- Red EPDM Rubber Crumb Surfacing Suppliers
- Removal of Rubber Play Tiles & Wet Pour Upgrade
- Renovating Existing Rubber Flooring with Recap Wetpour Overlay
- Rubber Outdoor External Playground Flooring
- Rubber Playground Surface Construction
- Rubber Safety Surface Overlay
- Rubber Spheres Play Equipment
- Rubber Tarmac Flooring
- Rubber Wetpour Sphere 3D Globe
- Water Blend Wetpour Colour Safety Surfacing
- Wet Pour Design Options
- Wet Pour Installation
- Wet Pour Installation in Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria
- Wet Pour Resin UV Colour Change
- Wet Pour Safety Flooring Concrete Sub Base
- Wet Pour Surfacing in Harrow, London
- Wetpour and Artificial Grass in Fulbourn, Cambridge
- Wetpour Band Perimeter Shrinkage Repairs
- Wetpour Colours
- Wetpour Graphic Designs for Nurseries
- Wetpour Graphics Rubber Inserts
- Wetpour Installation in Amersham, Buckinghamshire
- Wetpour Installation in Caerhun, Conwy
- Wetpour Installation in Chelmsford, Essex
- Wetpour Installation in Glasgow, Scotland
- Wetpour Installation in Helensburgh, Argyll and Bute
- Wetpour Installation in Kendray, Barnsley
- Wetpour Installation in Llanelli, Wales
- Wetpour Installation in London
- Wetpour Installation in Prestwich, Bury
- Wetpour Installation in Rothwell, Leeds
- Wetpour Installation in Tenterden, Kent
- Wetpour Installation in Uxbridge, London
- Wetpour Installation in Westlands, Newcastle-under-Lyme
- Wetpour Nationwide
- WetPour Rubber Granulate Spheres To Playground Surfacing
- Wetpour Rubber Surfacing MOT Type 1 Sub Base
- Wetpour Sub Base Specifications
- What is a Wetpour Repair Kit?
- What is Wet Pour?
- Why Wetpour Safety Surfacing is ideal for Playgrounds?