Rubber outdoor external playground flooring that is found in parks, play areas and playgrounds is known in the industry as a ‘Wet-Pour’ surface. A wet pour surface is created on site by combining rubber chippings with a single part resin such as polyurethane before being laid onto an pre prepared base for example MOT Type 1 stone or macadam. These bases are preferred to ones such as block paving as they are seamless and porous making them SUDS compliant. This means that they allow water to filter through the system and drain into the ground suitably and effectively. This is much better compared to letting the water flow straight into other areas and drainage systems causing them to overflow in the instance of heavy rain. By having a porous playground surface, it also stops and puddles building up on the area and causing slip hazards for children using it.
If you are thinking about having rubber outdoor external flooring installed at your school or nursery, please take a moment to fill in our contact form. Send us over the details of your enquiry and we’ll give you some professional advice on the designs as well as an idea of the costs for installation.
The most common method of installation with wet-pour is a two tier system, consisting of first a base layer or shock pad which is made from 2-6mm granules of SBR rubber which varies in depth depending on the critical fall height requirements of the surface being installed. The top tier or layer is what’s known as the wearing course is almost always a nominal depth of 15mm and is made out of 1-4mm EPDM rubber granules. There are many different colours of wetpour surfacing EPDM available for example red, blue or green you and there is even an option to mix a number of colours, to match any design ideas you may have. Prices and costs vary depending on colour, design as well as the size and dimensions of the areas being surfaced. However if you contact us with your enquiry we would be more than happy to give you a quote.
We are proud to boast that we are a one stop contractor when it comes to wet-pour from supplying, delivering and installing. As a supplier of SBR rubber crumb, EPDM rubber granules as well as a playground surfacing installation contractor we can be competitive in our costs. Should you need any details on substrates, specifications or previous completed case studies please get in touch with us through the contact form where we can assist you with any enquiries you may have for a rubber playground surface.
If you enjoyed this post please share it and leave us a comment!
You Might Also Like
Here are some wetpour articles you might like:
- Play Area Wet Pour Safety Surfaces Finish
- Playground Wet Pour Flooring In Northamptonshire
- Playground Wet Pour Flooring In Northumberland
- Playground Wet Pour Flooring In Nottinghamshire
- Playground Wet Pour Flooring In Oxfordshire
- Playground Wet Pour Flooring In Rutland
- Playground Wet Pour Flooring In Shropshire
- Playground Wet Pour Flooring In Somerset
- Poured In Place Rubber Bouncy Playground Surfaces
- Red EPDM Rubber Crumb Surfacing Suppliers
- Removal of Rubber Play Tiles & Wet Pour Upgrade
- Renovating Existing Rubber Flooring with Recap Wetpour Overlay
- Rubber Outdoor External Playground Flooring
- Rubber Playground Surface Construction
- Rubber Safety Surface Overlay
- Rubber Spheres Play Equipment
- Rubber Tarmac Flooring
- Rubber Wetpour Sphere 3D Globe
- Water Blend Wetpour Colour Safety Surfacing
- Wet Pour Design Options
- Wet Pour Installation
- Wet Pour Installation in Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria
- Wet Pour Resin UV Colour Change
- Wet Pour Safety Flooring Concrete Sub Base
- Wet Pour Surfacing in Harrow, London
- Wetpour and Artificial Grass in Fulbourn, Cambridge
- Wetpour Band Perimeter Shrinkage Repairs
- Wetpour Colours
- Wetpour Graphic Designs for Nurseries
- Wetpour Graphics Rubber Inserts
- Wetpour Installation in Amersham, Buckinghamshire
- Wetpour Installation in Caerhun, Conwy
- Wetpour Installation in Chelmsford, Essex
- Wetpour Installation in Glasgow, Scotland
- Wetpour Installation in Helensburgh, Argyll and Bute
- Wetpour Installation in Kendray, Barnsley
- Wetpour Installation in Llanelli, Wales
- Wetpour Installation in London
- Wetpour Installation in Prestwich, Bury
- Wetpour Installation in Rothwell, Leeds
- Wetpour Installation in Tenterden, Kent
- Wetpour Installation in Uxbridge, London
- Wetpour Installation in Westlands, Newcastle-under-Lyme
- Wetpour Nationwide
- WetPour Rubber Granulate Spheres To Playground Surfacing
- Wetpour Rubber Surfacing MOT Type 1 Sub Base
- Wetpour Sub Base Specifications
- What is a Wetpour Repair Kit?
- What is Wet Pour?
- Why Wetpour Safety Surfacing is ideal for Playgrounds?