Sand filled synthetic turf pitches are very popular in the UK due to the multi functional/multi sport use in all weather conditions. Sand filled pitches can also be used on MUGA construction, due to the different multi sports played on the same surface, in a contained and controlled environment.
Sand Filled Synthetic Turf Specification
Sand filled synthetic turf 2G all weather pitch surfacing can be used for many different sports like football, hockey, tennis and rugby and can be constructed to many different specifications, designs and sizes such as 60m x 30m. The sand filled synthetic turf pitch surfacing is made up of an artificial grass carpet which has a layer of sand infill installed at the base of the turf fibres. This sand infill layers helps to keep the grass fibres upright and maintain good performance characteristics. These types of surfaces can be used at organisations such as sports clubs, playgrounds, parks and schools and can be built to suit many different budgets and specifications. There are also other 2G synthetic grass surfaces which can be used for astroturf pitches. Sand dressed is also a very common choice, sand dressed means that the fibres of the grass are only partly filled whereas sand filled means that the fibre of the artificial grass is filled to the tip of the grass.
Rejuvenation and renovation can also play parts in the design and construction of these surfaces. The rejuvenation process involves the extraction of contaminated sand infill from the 2G sand filled synthetic turf or sand filled artificial grass, this dirty sand is then replaced with a new layer of clean sand. It’s important to carry out rejuvenation if the sand infill becomes dirty and contaminated as it can have a negative effect on the performance and safety qualities of the sand filled synthetic turf facility if left untreated. The maintenance costs can be significant if the surfacing is left as things like sand infill contamination, sand infill compaction and joint repairs may all need to be considered.
Sand Filled Pitch Costs
The costs of the full build or construction of these sand filled synthetic turf sports facilities can vary due to the size, specification, location and type of surfacing can have effects on the total cost. If you would like any further information about costs of installing a sand filled sports pitch facility, please fill in the contact form on the right of this page and we will get back to you with some helpful advice. To see case study examples of our previous work, head over to our website at https://www.softsurfaces.co.uk/ where you will be able to see our full range of sports and play surfacing products.
Did you find this information helpful? Do you think sand filled turf makes a good sports pitch?
Let us know your thoughts in the comments below and don’t forget to share this article!
You Might Also Like
Here are some artificial grass articles you might like:
- AGP, STP, ATP Long Pile Artificial Grass Pitches
- All Weather Pitch Sports Surfaces
- All weather pitches – Standing Water, Flooding, Poor Draining?
- Artificial Cricket Wicket Surfacing
- Artificial Football Surfaces Set To Return to English Football
- Artificial Grass Enquiry Process
- Artificial Grass Football 3G Pitch Costs
- Artificial Grass Installation in Swarkestone, Derby
- Artificial Grass Nationwide
- Artificial Grass Nursery Play Area Flooring
- Artificial Grass Vs Natural Garden Lawns
- Artificial Pitch Framework Contractors
- Astro Turf Sports Pitch Contractors
- Billions of Rubber Balls in Fake Grass – 3G, 4G, 5G, 6G Pitches?
- Black Rubber Crumb Top Up For Artificial Pitch
- Coating Of Synthetic MUGA Surfacing With Acrylic Coatings
- Coating Of Synthetic MUGAs Surfacing With Water Based Coatings
- Costs constructing All Weather Pitch
- FA Agree to 3G Technology Artificial Surfacing
- Flooding Astro Turf All Weather Pitch Needs Rejuvenation, Restoration Maintenance
- Golf Pathways Options, Products, Construction
- How Do I Apply For Grant Funds for a Play Area in the UK?
- How is Artificial Grass Installed?
- Innovation of 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th generation synthetic artificial pitch?
- IRB Type 22 Rugby Union Longer Piled Artificial Turf Pitches
- Lano Sports Drive 23 Sand Filled Synthetic Turf
- Lano Sports Interplay 40mm 3G Synthetic Turf
- Muddy Wet Fitness Trim Trail Surfacing Options?
- Play Area Safety Surfacing De Icer
- Playground Grass Mats Safer Flooring
- Proactive Maintenance To Artificial Sports Courts
- Profoot MXSi Lano Sports Artificial Specification
- Q26 IN SITU SYNTHETIC SURFACING
- Q26 SYNTHETIC GRASS SURFACING
- Reactive Maintenance To Astroturf All Weather Pitches
- Reasons Why All Weather Pitch Surfacing Gets Waterlogged and Flooded
- Repairing Synthetic Turf Sports Pitches
- RFU, RFL, IRB Sports Artificial Pitch Long Pile Synthetic Grass
- Rhino Turf
- Safety Surfacing for Fitness Trim Trail made from timber
- Sand Filled Synthetic Turf Pitch Costs
- Schools Deicer Surfacing Products – De Icer Frost Maintenance
- Shock Absorption Vertical Deformation Field Testing
- Specialists in Building Artificial Football Fields
- STP, ATP, MUGA 4G All Weather Pitches
- Synthetic 3G Soccer Sports Surface
- Synthetic Grass Sports Surface Rejuvenation
- Synthetic Grass Surfacing Options
- Synthetic sports pitches corrective maintenance services
- Synthetic Turf Football Field
- Synthetic Turf Football Field Installers
- Synthetic Turf Football Pitch Construction
- Synthetic Turf Football Pitch Contractors
- Synthetic Turf Pitch Ball Roll Tests
- Synthetic Turf Sports Fields
- Synthetic Turf Sports Pitch Construction
- Synthetic Turf Sports Pitch Contractors
- Synthetic turf Sports Surface Suppliers
- Synthetic turf Synthetic Soccer Sports Pitch
- Third Generation 3G Artificial Grass Sports Surfacing
- Touch Rugby Long Pile Synthetic Turf Pitches
- UNFILLED SYNTHETIC SPORTS TURF SURFACING
- Vertical Ball Rebound Bounce Sports Surfacing Tests
- Waterlogged Artificial Synthetic Turf Sports Pitches
- Waterlogged Synthetic All Weather Pitch Solutions
- Wetpour and Artificial Grass Installation in Coventry, West Midlands
- What is Artificial Grass?
- Why Choose an Artificial Hockey Pitch?
- Why Choose Artificial Grass for Your Garden?
- Why is my synthetic all weather pitch holding water and flooding?
- 3G Sports Pitch Construction
- 3G, 4G, 5G, 6G Artificial Synthetic Grass Pitches Explanation
- 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th Generation Sports Pitches – Difference in Specification
- 4 Reasons Why Schools Have Artificial Grass
- 40mm Depth Longer Piled Synthetic Pitch Surfacing
- 4G Grass Football Pitch Sports Surfacing Synthetic Turf Carpet
- 4th Generation Synthetic Sport Surfacing
- 5 Reasons Why Your Artificial Grass May Have Melted
- 5-a-side Football Pitch 3G Artificial Grass Surfacing in Liverpool
- 5-a-side Football Pitch Construction with 3G Artificial Turf
- 5aside Football Long Pile Synthetic Turf Pitches
- 7 a side Soccer Long Pile Synthetic Grass Pitches