Spending Your Sport Premium Funding
You may have come across Sport Premium Funding and you are unsure on how to make use of this in the best way possible. We have a number of different choices which can help to improve your school and enhance your Ofsted Reports.
Spending your Sports Premium Funding wisely is important. You will need to think about the best options for your school individually. Keep on reading to find out more.
What is Sport Premium Funding?
The Sport Premium Funding scheme has been introduced to boost improvements to PE and sport at primary schools throughout the UK. It is intended to encourage the development of healthy, active lifestyles and form good habits from a young age. This may be found similar to the Primary School Sport England Funding available.
The Secretary of State does not allow use of the budget on employing coaches or specialist teachers and it also dismisses using the funds to teach the minimum requirements of the PE curriculum.
Academies and free schools must publish information on their website in relation the amount of funding received, full breakdown of spending, impact on school and how the improvements will be sustainable for the future.
How to Use Sports Premium Funding?
Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of sport and PE. This can include the following:
- Daily Mile/Golden Mile track surfacing – The Golden Mile is basically a track that the kids will run, walk or jog around every day to ensure they get a mile of exercise.
- Long Jumps, Triple Jumps and High Jump Fans – These are perfect for schools looking to improve their students’ athletics skills. Compact athletics facilities can also be installed.
- Synthetic Sprint Lanes – Athletics tracks are also great for children, as they can be used for sports days and other events.
- MUGA’s (Multi Use Games Areas) – This is where multiple sports can be played in a single area. This is perfect for schools which have limited space or funds, but want to provide the best facilities for the students.
- Sports Court Renovation – Repainting, cleaning, rejuventation and other maintenance services can be carried out for all sorts of sports courts varying from tennis court maintenance to netball.
- Playground Surfacing – (wetpour, mulch, artificial grass etc.). – Additionally, you may also get children’s play surfacing installed to create an area where activities can be carried out.
As well as sports facilities, you can use the funds to promote activity outside of school. This would involve using local athletics clubs, swimming pools, gymnasiums etc. to boost physical education.
The introduction of extra-curricular sports activities can drastically increase the number of children taking part in activity along with the range of sports they are able to play. With certain skills being taught within the curriculum as mandatory, it is always beneficial to offer alternatives so every child has the opportunity to try something that they enjoy.
Learn More About Funding
If you wish to learn more about funding that can be offered to you, please get in touch with one of our team members today. Simply fill in the contact form provided and we will get back to you as soon as we can with all the information you need.