Tennis Court Construction Specifications
Tennis courts are very popular sports facilities in the UK, especially at schools, colleges and sports clubs. It is great to get kids into participating in sports like tennis and having a top quality sports surface and facility is the best way for them to develop their skills. But how do you know what the best tennis court surface would be for your organisation?
Tennis Court Surface Specifications
Tennis courts can be built to a range of different dimensions, depending on your individual specification and budget, we can tailor your facility to the requirements of your organisation. There are a number of different materials which tennis court construction contractors can install a sports surface in, here are some of the options:
- Macadam – This is a hard, porous surface which allows good water drainage to prevent flooding and damage, this means macadam is an all weather sports surface.
- Polymeric Rubber Crumb – This SUDS compliant surface also allows water to drain through it, as well as having good ball bounce and non slip qualities.
- Synthetic Turf – A professional looking grass tennis surface which meets LTA playing characteristics and accreditations.
- Synthetic Clay – Has the same playing characteristics as natural clay to provide a good quality experience for the player.
Tennis Court Applications
Tennis court installers can apply a range of different paint coatings to your tennis court, depending on your specification and what you need. These paint coatings can all be applied in a range of colours (eg blue, red, green) and some of the different types include:
- Acrylic non slip coating – This ensures the safety characteristics of the court are maintained to reduce the risk of injury, this is especially important if the facility is being used by kids at a school or sports club.
- Polyurethane spray coat – Enhances the surface with bright colours and increases the durability and longevity, as well as adding an anti slip quality for safety.
- Line marking – It is important to make sure that your tennis court has good quality, skid resistant line markings to ensure the best performance characteristics and most accurate game playing decisions.
Maintenance For Tennis Facilities
It is important to carry out regular cleaning and maintenance on your artificial tennis court surface, this will ensure that your facility is kept in the best possible conditions to improve its durability and longevity and reduce future resurfacing costs. Cleaning and maintenance for tennis surfaces could include pressure washing to remove dirt and debris, moss and algae treatments, new spray coatings and immediate repairs to minor damage to prevent it getting worse. Sports facility contractors and companies can carry out sports surface testing to help determine the most appropriate type of maintenance for your tennis court.
Here at Soft Surfaces Ltd, we can assist you with every aspect of your tennis court surfacing project, including help with funding grants and spreading the costs. We can offer you professional advice about construction and maintenance of your sports facility and we aim to give the best service at all times. If you would like more information about tennis court construction or any other sports or play surfacing installation, please visit our website at https://www.softsurfaces.co.uk/ where you can find examples of our previous projects. To discuss an enquiry, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you with quotes and prices for your sport or play surfacing project.
To look at more photos of tennis court construction, go to the Soft Surfaces Pinterest where you can see examples of other work we’ve carried out for sports facilities
If you found this information helpful, please leave us a nice comment and share the post with your friends!