Supply and installation of 3G artificial grass sports surface (third generation surfacing) with inlaid lines cut in for football, rugby and hockey at Aston university.
3G Artificial Grass Pitch
3G artificial grass surfacing is a popular sport pitch material for football and rugby at schools and sport clubs in the UK. Many organisations choose to have these synthetic grass facilities installed to replace existing natural grass pitches which may have become worn our or unsafe. The synthetic turf has a sand and rubber infill layer installed within the grass pile to give the required FIFA and RFU playing characteristics for these sports. The sport surfacing is surrounded by sports rebound weldmesh fencing and is installed onto a shockpad on a second building roof. The shockpad is required to provide support for players’ joints to help prevent injury when playing sport, this is particularly important for contact sports like rugby.
Another part of the 3G artificial grass sports field installation was overhead netting to the top of the rebound fence and sports floodlights, these extra accessories enable the university use the sport surface at night. Below is a picture of the completed artificial grass sport facility showing the synthetic 3g turf, sport rebound fence and over head netting to the roof of the building.
3G Synthetic Turf
3G manufactured grass is a superb substitution to all-natural surfacing for a sports activities pitch. 3G surfacing fulfills many UK accreditations of soccer and rugby regulating bodies including FIFA, FA, IRB, RFU in addition to RFL. The synthetic turf may range in pile height from thirty two millimeters, which is generally intended for hockey fields, to sixty millimeters which is often used for rugby. Football pitch have a tendency to use 40 millimeters 3rd generation turf and it is normally laid down on top of a shockpad to make the field comfy.After the pre-existing surfacing has been removed a permeable sub base can be put in. The sub base depends on your sporting activities pitch specification – an engineered sub base or maybe a dynamic sub base will be utilized for the 3rd generation facility. An engineered sub base is comprised of plenty of angular rocks which are condensed collectively with macadam covered on top which generates a stable foundation. 3rd generation pitches are made from fake grass which happens to be infilled with silica fine sand and epdm granules. This provides the flooring good playing qualities.
Please see the video below for information on replacement of all weather 3G pitches:
All Weather Pitch
The infill is additionally able to keep the turf fibres in position, which makes the turf much more suitable, offering an improved practical experience for the participants making use of the 3G surface.The price to fit the pitch differs on a lot of aspects such as the surface area and specific location. Third generation surfacing is an all-weather product making it suitable for unpredictable climates like the UK. Third generation synthetic turf may be used for competitive fixtures, as games don’t have to be called off as a result of poor weather since the imitation turf generates an all-weather surfacing. Schools and colleges could use 3rd generation flooring for PE and physical activities, this surfaces is wonderful for all these organizations as Physical Education doesn’t have to be called off due to poor weather conditions. Due to the porosity of the facility, the facility won’t end up being flooded after a substantial downfall of rain permitting establishments like schools to gain. Considering that the sport facilities can be employed during any conditions, athletics clubs and leisure centers will not lose cash flow.
Sports Pitch Floodlights
Many institutions will be able to produce extra earnings by booking out their 3rd generation facility after hours. You’ll be able to incorporate extra features for your facility like floodlighting, making the facility more beneficial as it can be used in the darkness. There exists a selection of distributors that we could buy the fake turf from such as Playrite, Lano Sports in addition to Rhino Turf. Our distributors have specifications that connect with many football and rugby governing body accreditations; consequently we be sure that you obtain amazing value for your money for your good quality 3rd generation facility.
Please take a look at this video which shows the installation process in more detail – 3G Synthetic Turf Sports Pitch.
We have carried out many construction projects for 3G artificial grass sports pitches, MUGAs and playground facilities throughout the UK over the last 17 years so please visit our website to check other case studies or product sheets on our site. To discuss and enquiry with us, fill in our contact form with us much information as you can and one of our team will get back to you with some advice in regards to quotes and specifications for your project.
Do you think 3G synthetic surfacing should be used more in sport?
Tell us what your views are on this topic and please share this post if you thought it was helpful!
You Might Also Like
Here are some artificial grass articles you might like:
- AGP, STP, ATP Long Pile Artificial Grass Pitches
- All Weather Pitch Sports Surfaces
- All weather pitches – Standing Water, Flooding, Poor Draining?
- Artificial Cricket Wicket Surfacing
- Artificial Football Surfaces Set To Return to English Football
- Artificial Grass Enquiry Process
- Artificial Grass Football 3G Pitch Costs
- Artificial Grass Installation in Swarkestone, Derby
- Artificial Grass Nationwide
- Artificial Grass Nursery Play Area Flooring
- Artificial Grass Vs Natural Garden Lawns
- Artificial Pitch Framework Contractors
- Astro Turf Sports Pitch Contractors
- Billions of Rubber Balls in Fake Grass – 3G, 4G, 5G, 6G Pitches?
- Black Rubber Crumb Top Up For Artificial Pitch
- Coating Of Synthetic MUGA Surfacing With Acrylic Coatings
- Coating Of Synthetic MUGAs Surfacing With Water Based Coatings
- Costs constructing All Weather Pitch
- FA Agree to 3G Technology Artificial Surfacing
- Flooding Astro Turf All Weather Pitch Needs Rejuvenation, Restoration Maintenance
- Golf Pathways Options, Products, Construction
- How Do I Apply For Grant Funds for a Play Area in the UK?
- How is Artificial Grass Installed?
- Innovation of 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th generation synthetic artificial pitch?
- IRB Type 22 Rugby Union Longer Piled Artificial Turf Pitches
- Lano Sports Drive 23 Sand Filled Synthetic Turf
- Lano Sports Interplay 40mm 3G Synthetic Turf
- Muddy Wet Fitness Trim Trail Surfacing Options?
- Play Area Safety Surfacing De Icer
- Playground Grass Mats Safer Flooring
- Proactive Maintenance To Artificial Sports Courts
- Profoot MXSi Lano Sports Artificial Specification
- Q26 IN SITU SYNTHETIC SURFACING
- Q26 SYNTHETIC GRASS SURFACING
- Reactive Maintenance To Astroturf All Weather Pitches
- Reasons Why All Weather Pitch Surfacing Gets Waterlogged and Flooded
- Repairing Synthetic Turf Sports Pitches
- RFU, RFL, IRB Sports Artificial Pitch Long Pile Synthetic Grass
- Rhino Turf
- Safety Surfacing for Fitness Trim Trail made from timber
- Sand Filled Synthetic Turf Pitch Costs
- Schools Deicer Surfacing Products – De Icer Frost Maintenance
- Shock Absorption Vertical Deformation Field Testing
- Specialists in Building Artificial Football Fields
- STP, ATP, MUGA 4G All Weather Pitches
- Synthetic 3G Soccer Sports Surface
- Synthetic Grass Sports Surface Rejuvenation
- Synthetic Grass Surfacing Options
- Synthetic sports pitches corrective maintenance services
- Synthetic Turf Football Field
- Synthetic Turf Football Field Installers
- Synthetic Turf Football Pitch Construction
- Synthetic Turf Football Pitch Contractors
- Synthetic Turf Pitch Ball Roll Tests
- Synthetic Turf Sports Fields
- Synthetic Turf Sports Pitch Construction
- Synthetic Turf Sports Pitch Contractors
- Synthetic turf Sports Surface Suppliers
- Synthetic turf Synthetic Soccer Sports Pitch
- Third Generation 3G Artificial Grass Sports Surfacing
- Touch Rugby Long Pile Synthetic Turf Pitches
- UNFILLED SYNTHETIC SPORTS TURF SURFACING
- Vertical Ball Rebound Bounce Sports Surfacing Tests
- Waterlogged Artificial Synthetic Turf Sports Pitches
- Waterlogged Synthetic All Weather Pitch Solutions
- What is Artificial Grass?
- Why Choose an Artificial Hockey Pitch?
- Why Choose Artificial Grass for Your Garden?
- Why is my synthetic all weather pitch holding water and flooding?
- 3G Sports Pitch Construction
- 3G, 4G, 5G, 6G Artificial Synthetic Grass Pitches Explanation
- 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th Generation Sports Pitches – Difference in Specification
- 4 Reasons Why Schools Have Artificial Grass
- 40mm Depth Longer Piled Synthetic Pitch Surfacing
- 4G Grass Football Pitch Sports Surfacing Synthetic Turf Carpet
- 4th Generation Synthetic Sport Surfacing
- 5 Reasons Why Your Artificial Grass May Have Melted
- 5-a-side Football Pitch 3G Artificial Grass Surfacing in Liverpool
- 5-a-side Football Pitch Construction with 3G Artificial Turf
- 5aside Football Long Pile Synthetic Turf Pitches
- 7 a side Soccer Long Pile Synthetic Grass Pitches