Schools Get Active With Outdoor Learning
We are helping schools get active through outdoor play and learning with a choice of fun and educational products. Having engaging spaces to play and run around is very important for children’s development. We aim to improve existing playgrounds at schools, nurseries and public parks. Our team complete work across the country in various locations.
Throughout the UK many schools and nurseries have a lack of external learning facilities and play areas. This has a negative impact on children’s activity levels and overall health. At Soft Surfaces Ltd we are looking to tackle this problem with our range of playground surfacing and equipment.
Outdoor Learning Areas
For children in early education, active learning and outdoor play are really important as they help with the development of vital skills. This includes fundamental physical, cognitive and communication skills which can all be learned through different activities. Playing outside also has many health benefits for children as it encourages them to stay active while enjoying a number of exciting games.
There is currently a shortage of good quality playground facilities in schools as many of these organisations don’t have the budget to build new ones or renovate their existing area. We supply and install play area solutions that are ideal for ensuring schools get active as they offer safety qualities as well as bespoke designs.
As a recognised member of the Association of Play Industries (API) we have designed and installed numerous high-quality facilities for sports, play and recreational activities. Click here to view a recent article published by API about getting kids more active in UK schools – https://www.api-play.org/resources/school-zone-schools-get-active/
You can choose between a few different flooring types and designs when it comes to recreational surfaces. We have a diverse range of products available, each of which has its own unique qualities. Lots of games can be played in these areas in order to improve fitness and social skills. The costs for each specification will vary, so please get in touch with us through the contact form to discuss a quote for your project.
Wetpour EPDM Rubber – This is a specialist safety surface that is perfect for use in large play areas and specifically underneath equipment. The wetpour flooring is made up of a two-tiered rubber system which cushions impact and prevents injuries when kids fall on it. A number of colour options and graphics are available, as well as plain black rubber to suit your preferences.
Bonded Rubber Mulch – This is made of recycled rubber shred which creates a more natural appearance. It also provides safety qualities for use next to equipment like trim trails and climbing frames. The rubberised mulch surfacing can be laid onto most existing areas including muddy patches which might be slippery.
Activity Flooring – A synthetic carpet surface that is available in a choice of bright colours and designs. This is suitable for both recreational games and sports such as football, hockey and basketball. We can also supply additional equipment like fencing and multi-active goal ends with the soft activity surfacing for a diverse set of uses.
Thermoplastic Markings – If you already have a tarmac play surface, thermoplastic markings can be applied to brighten up the facility. We supply these as pre-cut plastic shapes which we lay onto the macadam and apply with heat until they stick. Plenty of colourful designs are available so you can create a vibrant outdoor learning space with lots of fun games.
School Recreational Equipment
As well as colourful floor markings and graphics which promote children’s activity, you could also choose to install different pieces of equipment. We offer a range of features such as climbing frames, bridges, creativity tables, stepping logs and wooden cabins. These designs all help involve kids with playing outside and enjoying lots of fun activities.
Our team will look into your individual needs and requirements along with your spending budget to ensure you get exactly what you are looking for. Our team aim to get you the best value for money and will not be beaten on price for a like for like quote.
Active Play Features
We supply a variety of products that help schools get active through physical activities and games in the playground. Timber trim trails are popular as they contain different components which encourage fundamental movement like climbing, jumping, balancing and agility. These are crucial parts of learning through play that benefit children in the early years and beyond.
Other active play features such as jungle gyms, rope bridges and stepping stones are also available for promoting children’s fitness and activity. This outdoor play equipment has many benefits for health in the early years of learning and can encourage pupils to carry on being active into adult life.
Interactive equipment encourages children to develop their learning skills and take part in activities with others. This has many benefits with regards to making friends and being sociable as many of the games involve communication and teamwork. It can also support independent learning, which you can read more about in this post.
Things like building blocks are really helpful when it comes to group challenges. On the other hand, individuals can use the activity panels on the play area. There are also a number of role-play features such as pretend shops, boats and den making kits. These all allow kids to make up their own games using their imagination.
Outdoor Learning Activities
We can offer a number of outdoor learning activities to improve children’s participation. These also help involve them in a number of sports and athletics along with various skills and challenges. The activities we can install can range from play equipment, educational graphics and line-markings. See our range of sports facilities to find out more about the products we offer for this.
It is important to think about the various options available. This should help you get the best opportunities for the children within the school, nursery or play park. Many schools choose to have trim trails installed as these can help build strength and agility through climbing and balancing. Visit this post for more details on the benefits of trim trails for children.
- Astro Turf Sports Pitch Contractors
- Athletics Landing Sand Pit Construction, Design, Costs
- Athletics Landing Sand Pit Covers
- Athletics Surface Cleaning and Maintenance Costs
- Athletics Surfacing Specification Options
- Athletics Track Maintenance
- Athletics Track Surfacing
- Benefits of Athletics for Schools
- Benefits of Trim Trails for Physical Development
- Costs to Build a Compact Athletics Facility
- Costs to Build a Long Jump Runway
- Costs to Construct Triple Jump Athletics Facility
- Fixed Solid Schools Take-off Board
- Javelin Runway Construction Companies, Contractors, Suppliers
- Javelin Runway Distance, Length, Dimensions
- Javelin Runway Specification, Design, Costs
- Long Jump Construction Companies, Contractors, Suppliers
- Long Jump Pit Construction in Stockport, Manchester
- Long Jump Pit Installation in Edinburgh, Scotland
- Long Jump Run Up Construction Specialists
- Long Jump Runway
- Long Jump Runway and High Jump Fan Installation in Derby
- Long Jump Runway and High Jump Fan Installation in Derby
- Long Jump Runway Construction in Somerset
- Long Jump Runway Free Facility Funding Q&A
- Long Jump Runway Installation in Chorley Lancashire
- Long Jump Runway Installation in Colchester Essex
- Long Jump Runway Installation in Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Long Jump Surface Construction Athletics Track Costs
- Long Jump Track Construction Specialists
- Long Jump Track With Sand Pit Construction in Slough, Berkshire
- Long/Triple Jump Runway Design
- Multi Lane Polymeric Long Jump Construction in St Albans
- Multi Lane Polymeric Long Jump Construction in St Albans, Hertfordshire
- Multi Use Long Jump Facility Installation in Essex
- Multisport Installation in Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
- Multisport Long Jump Construction in Buckinghamshire
- Multisport Long Jump Construction in Norwich
- MultiSport Long Jump Installation at a School in Essex
- MultiSport Long Jump Pit Installation in Coventry
- MultiSport Long Jump Pit Installation in Preston
- Multisport Long Jump Pit Installation in Preston, Lancashire
- Multisport Long Jump With Practice Lane in Leicester
- Multisport Long Jump with practice Lane Install in Leicester
- Multisport Runway Installation in Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
- Multisport Synthetic High Jump Installation in Berkshire
- Multisport Synthetic Long Jump in Wigan, Greater Manchester
- Multisport Synthetic Long Jump Installation in Oxford
- Multisport Synthetic Resurfacing in Southwark, London
- MultiSport Synthetic Surface Install in Oxford
- Pole Vault Run Up Surfacing
- Pole Vault Runway Construction
- Polymeric Long Jump Essex
- Polymeric Long Jump Pit Construction in Glasgow
- Polymeric Long Jump Pit Construction in Leeds, West Yorkshire
- Polymeric Long Jump Pit Installation in Liverpool, Merseyside
- Polymeric Long Jump Runway in Birmingham, West Midlands
- Polymeric Surface Long Jump Installation in Cardiff, Wales
- Polymeric Surface Long Jump Runway in Kettering, Northamptonshire
- Rake for Maintaining Long Jump Sandpit
- Rubber Kerbs to Athletic Triple Jump Runways
- Rubber Mulch Daily Mile Track at a School in Manchester
- School Athletics Track Designs
- School Budgets Athletics Track Long Jump Runway Specifications
- Schools Get Active With Outdoor Learning
- Schools Recreational Long Jump Runway Length
- Synthetic Long Jump Athletics Track Construction in Peterborough
- Throwing Circle Construction Companies, Contractors, Suppliers
- Triple Jump Sand Pit Rubber Edges
- What Are Athletics Tracks?
Contact Us Today
If you want to get your school more active and encourage outdoor learning, please contact us. We’d be happy to discuss the products and services we offer for recreational facilities. There are loads of designs and options to choose from and we’re sure you’ll find something to suit your budget.
Just complete our contact form with your details and some information on the project. We’ll come back to you with a quote as soon as possible.