Resin Bound Specification
A popular outdoor paving option is the resin bound specification which creates a porous stone surface. This can be used in a number of areas including driveways and paths. This surface type is made by mixing stone aggregate with a specialist resin. It therefore creates a smooth and porous surface that is SUDS compliant for use in urban areas.
Resin Bound Gravel Designs
We can create bespoke resin bound gravel designs for a variety of outdoor surfaces at commercial projects and domestic areas. Many clients choose to have natural looking stone to fit in with the appearance of the existing area; however we may also install the NBS Q23 225 proprietary resin-bound chippings specification with a range of bright colours for play area paths and recreational facilities.
With this surface type it’s very easy to adapt the paving to many different shapes natural curves in the landscape you’re working with. This also makes it easy to install a range of colours, patterns and even logo designs for features at places like schools, clubs and commercial business.
Many different types of stone can be used in the NSB Q23 225 resin bound specification but popular choices are granite and bauxite. Typically resin bound gravel surfaces will be installed onto either a concrete or macadam base as these create the most stable foundations.
The surface design creates a single layer system which is we apply by hand to leave a smooth and attractive finish. Having angular stones of different sizes means that the paving system is stable and durable along with being porous to let water drain through. This is a great feature for urban applications such as driveways and public paths as it means water is able to soak into the permeable paving layer easily instead of sitting on top of the surface.
Paths and walkways in school playgrounds are often surfaced in resin-bound gravel to create a durable and attractive outdoor area. These characteristics help to prevent flooding in built up city areas where a lot of roads and pavements are non porous surface types.
The smooth finish of resin-bound gravel designs make them compatible for use with vehicles on access roads and car parks, as well as wheelchairs and prams on public pathways. There are not a lot of resin-bound gravel maintenance requirements so it’s relatively easy to keep it clean and looking its best. You should carry out occasional sweeping and washing to remove any dirt. This should also prevent debris from falling onto the surface and blocking the pores. Once installed, the resin-bound specification is a durable and hard wearing paving option which is resistant against damage from both pedestrian and vehicular traffic.
We design and install a range of resin-bound stone paving options for projects throughout the UK so please contact us if you have any questions or you’d like a quote for this work. Our experienced installers have completed installations for various designs and area sizes so don’t hesitate to fill in our contact form and get in touch with us!
Resin Bound Surface Spec
A number of different natural stones are accessible for resin-bound stone paving. We create the permeable flooring by enclosing natural stone gravel with a polyurethane resin. This presents a level, hard wearing and appealing surface. Resin-bound stone is low maintenance and it is resistant to cracking. It is good for the resin-bound stone paving to possess a tarmacadam sub base, since this is SUDS compliant. Therefore it allows the water can drain through without difficulty, considering that the surface is permeable.
Resin-bound gravel is perfect for a number of different functions. Wheelchairs and push chairs can move without difficulty over the surface because of the smooth texture; the porous properties of the floor also help to avoid flooding.
We can help you choose the best resin bound surface spec for your driveway or patio. We will look into your individual needs and requirements to help you decide what would be the best product. There are a number of types of resin-bound surfaces we offer for you to choose from. If you would like to find out about the specifications that are available, please don’t worry about contacting our team.
Resin Bound Products
There are many resin bound products that we can install depending on your individual requests. Some products are thicker than the others and have different advantages. Addagrip is a system we can install. Addagrip Terrabase is not as thick as some specifications, but we lay it thicker than standard resin to add extra durability. This is ideal for areas such as:
- Domestic driveways
- Public spaces
Clients often choose Addagrip rather than standard resin, because they require less preparation work. These products can go onto stone surfaces as well as concrete and tarmac. On the other hand, resin-bound can only go onto solid tarmac or concrete.
Costs of Resin Bound Services
With each job, the cost of resin bound services can vary greatly. A number of factors have an effect on how much the overall project will cost. The main variables include the dimensions of the area in question, the design chosen by the client, and the location of the project itself.
These are all things to consider when coming up with a budget for your stone surfacing installation. Always make sure to think about this carefully. We would advise thinking about your budget and how much you have to spend before planning out the project. This will give us a good idea of what type of specification or features would be most cost effective for you.
We would be more than happy to talk to you about prices or other services that we offer in more detail. We aim to provide the best prices across the United Kingdom for the service we offer. Since we only make use of premium materials, you may find cheaper contractors out there; however they may not offer the same quality of service and might not have as much experience as our qualified team.
Get In Touch
Our team will be more than happy to offer you more information on the surface specifications we have available. We can also give details on all the different products we install. We are also able to offer you professional advice with regards to the best resin bound specification. If you would like to get in touch with us, please complete the contact form provided. Our team will respond right away with more details.
You Might Also Like
Here are some resin bound articles you might like:
- Chorley Resin Bound Gravel Driveway – Case Study
- Commercial Resin Bound Gravel Project in Preston – Case Study
- Domestic Driveway Paving Ideas
- Resin Bonded or Resin Bound Gravel?
- Resin Bound Driveway Paving
- Resin Bound Gravel / Stone Mixing & Application Guide
- Resin Bound Gravel / Stone Pre Installation Guide
- Resin Bound Gravel at Salford Royal Hospital, Greater Manchester
- Resin Bound Gravel Driveway Installation in Chorley, Lancashire
- Resin Bound Gravel Enquiry Process
- Resin Bound Gravel Installation at Bradford Academy, West Yorkshire
- Resin Bound Gravel Installation at Cheshire Oaks
- Resin Bound Gravel Installation in Birmingham, West Midlands
- Resin Bound Gravel Installation in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Resin Bound Gravel Installation in Wigan, Lancashire
- Resin Bound Gravel Manhole Covers
- Resin Bound Gravel Pathway in Chelmsford, Essex
- Resin Bound Gravel Pathway in Stockport, Greater Manchester
- Resin Bound Gravel Pathway in Warrington, Cheshire
- Resin Bound Installation in Childwall, Liverpool
- Resin Bound Installation in Glasgow, Scotland
- Resin Bound Installation in Ludlow, Shropshire
- Resin Bound Installers
- Resin Bound or Block Paving
- Resin Bound Rubber Crumb Sports Underlay Shockpad
- Resin Bound Rubber Mulch
- Resin Bound Rubberised Crumb 12 – 15mm Depth Shock Pad
- Resin Bound Stone Installation at Jaguar Land Rover, London
- Resin Bound Stone Installation at Liverpool FC
- Resin Bound Stone Installation in Festival Gardens, Liverpool
- Resin Bound Stone Installation in Greenwich, London
- Resin Bound Stone Installation in Manchester
- Resin Bound Stone Installation in Stamford Park, Tameside
- Resin Bound Stone Installation in Woking, Surrey
- Rhino Mulch Resin Bound Rubber Shred Surface
- Rubber Golf Pathway Installation in Prestbury
- SUDS Permeable Resin Bound Stone Footpath Paving
- What is Resin Bound Gravel?
- What is Self Binding Gravel?