When installing pathway surfacing for outdoor areas it’s important to consider the different options that are available to ensure you choose a surface type with the right look and functionality for its purpose. We can create designs and install flooring for walkways at domestic homes, gardens, commercial buildings, schools and public parks to create durable and decorative outdoor surfaces which look great and last a long time.
Decorative Walkway Surfaces
Each of the decorative walkway surfaces we install can come in a bespoke design and a range of colour options. This allows you to have a customised pathway surface which fits with any existing design themes. Resin-bound and resin-bonded gravel can each come in a range of natural stone colours as well as more vibrant colour options to be used in recreational areas for children.
The rubber mulch specification is also extremely versatile and may be specified in a number of natural colours as this is a common choice for use with play equipment such as timber activity trails and climbing frames. Tarmacadam pathway surfacing is available in various designs. We can apply colourful paint to enhance slip resistance and create a more interesting appearance for decorative walkway surfaces.
We offer assistance on all of the various surfacing types we specialise in for outdoor walkways. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions. Our experienced staff will be able to give advice with regards to path ideas, designs, prices, quotes and installation. Simply fill in our contact form today if you’d like more information.
Depending on the amount of use your pathway surfacing is going to get and the appearance you want it to have, there are several different types of paths you can choose from including:
- Resin Bound Gravel – This is a popular option for public and garden paths as it has a decorative appearance and can come in a range of coloured designs. The resin bound stone specification is made using natural gravel aggregate which is combined with resin and installed onto a concrete or macadam sub base. Our installers then had trowel the mixture to leave a smooth and durable finish which is porous to comply with sustainable urban drainage systems.
- Resin Bonded Gravel – A scatter system where resin is applied to the existing macadam or concrete surface and the chosen stone aggregate is scattered on top of it to leave the appearance of a loose gravel path but with much fewer maintenance requirements.
- Rubber Mulch – This specification is perfect for paths in play areas and parks. It is made up of bonded rubber shred which can be applied to most existing surface to provide impact absorption and to cover up muddy grass patches.
- Rhino Pave – A mixture of stone and rubber which creates a flexible pathway surface for use in woodland areas as it may be laid onto most existing outdoor areas without the need for heavy groundworks to prevent disturbance to tree roots and vegetation.
- Tarmacadam – Many clients choose this specification for a variety of uses but it provides a durable and long lasting surface for pathways which can withstand heavy pedestrian traffic without needing a lot of regular maintenance.
Resin Gravel Path
There are two types resin paths that we may install. The first resin gravel path is resin-bound and the second is resin-bonded. Both of these surfaces are a decorative surfacing type and are great for pathways. These surfaces are available in a number of different colours including Brittany Bronze, Autumn Gold and Red Granite.
The main difference between resin-bound and resin-bonded is that resin bound is a smooth, permeable finish whereas resin bonded is not. We mix the stones and resin together prior to the installation and then screed the mixture across the surfacing. This ensures that the resin bound surfacing is laid smoothly. During the installation of resin bonded pathway surfacing, we’ll install the resin first and then add the stones using a scatter system.
We lay the resin gravel paths in a number of different areas including parks, schools and public places. Our team offer great prices for resin-bound and resin-bonded gravel. We will be more than happy to talk you through the different pathway options available.
Rubber Outdoor Pathway
If you would like to install a rubber outdoor pathway, we have two different options available for you. You could choose to install EPDM wetpour or rubber mulch. Wet pour is ideal for areas that require colourful pathways or plain black paths. Rubber mulch is best for more natural areas like woodlands spaces and parks. Both of these surface types are permeable, which means water can drain through.
From this video you can see the installation of an EPDM wet pour pathway. Our team carry out all of our installations to a top standard. You won’t find a better price on a like for like quote.
Rhino Pave Paths
Another more natural surfacing type that we install for pathways is rhino paving. Rhino pave paths are a permeable surface type that works well in woodlands areas and parks. There are different surface options available and we may alter specifications and designs to meet your individual needs and requirements.
The rhino pave spec involved mixing rubber, stone and binder. This creates a mixture that is flexible and strong creating a comfortable surface underfoot. This makes the surfacing great for pathways that receive regular use.
Macadam Path Specification
The last surface option that we can offer for pathways is tarmac. The macadam path specification is standard tarmac which we can install in numerous colours. Macadam is also a porous paving option which means that the surface will not puddle in wet weather conditions. We can also install tarmacadam play surfaces using the same material.
Get In Touch
If you have any question about any of the pathway surfaces we install, please get in touch with our team. Simply use the contact form provided and we will get back to you right away. We aim to provide the very best rates and will not be beaten on price for a like for like quote.