There is a range of athletics track facility services that we specialise in for schools, clubs and other sports facilities in the UK. We supply and install various types of surfaces which can be used for both full-sized running tracks and smaller facilities like long jump runways and high jump fans.
What Surfacing is Used for Athletics Tracks?
We offer a number of surface specs when it comes to athletics. The most popular athletics track surfacing that we install include polymeric and needlepunch. Polymeric surfacing is normally installed for professional sports clubs, whereas needlepunch is typically found in primary schools. Polymeric is used for competitive athletics.
Needlepunch multisport activity surfacing is great for schools, as it can be installed in a number of bright colours which will increase children’s participation in athletics. The surfacing also offers more grip and is much safer for the kids using the facility.
These can come in either polymeric rubber surfacing or needlepunch synthetic turf depending on how much use the area will get and what it will be used for. The polymeric specification is made up of rubber granules and is a popular choice for high schools and professional athletic clubs whereas the needlepunch turf is often chosen for primary schools as it gives a softer landing surface.
We are specialist contractors and can install both of these specifications in a range of colours and area sizes to meet the requirements set out by the client. If you choose to install a long-jump or triple jump runway with a sandpit, we also offer extra equipment as part of the running lanes facility services. These can include maintenance tools like sand pit rakes, and sandpit covers to keep the landing area clean and free from debris so it can perform to its maximum potential.
Each of these extras may be included with the initial construction of the athletics facility surface or can be supplied to you if you have an existing long jump runway. Depending on the specification and any extras you choose, the price of installing a running surface will vary. Get in touch with us today by using our simple contact form and we’ll offer you some advice on costs and designs.
How to Maintain Athletics Tracks
As well as installing various surface specs for athletics, we also carry out maintenance. Over time you may find rips and tears within the surface. Our team can offer repairs and resurface were required to ensure there are no tripping hazards and the surface is in the best condition.
We would also recommend regular cleaning or brushing of the surface to ensure no dirt and grime gets on the surfacing. You may also think about applying a moss and algae treatment on the surface to prevent the growth of any contaminants. Contamination can block the pores of the tracks, which can lead the facility to become flooded and waterlogged. In order to avoid such problems occurring, athletics track maintenance is highly recommended.
What is a Long Jump Run Up?
Our specialists can install a number of athletic facilities including long jumps, high jumps and more. The installation of a long-jump runway is great for schools, as they can be installed in a number of colours and will improve children’s participation. Long jumps may also be installed in multisport synthetic carpets or polymeric.
We will consider your individual budget and your needs and requirements to ensure the runway is installed perfectly for you. Our team aim to make certain you are happy with the completed installations and will not be beaten on a like for the like price.
Running Track Services
As well as full construction and supply of additional equipment, we can also offer running track services to clean and maintain the surface to ensure that it’s safe for use and performs to its maximum potential. The maintenance work we can offer will vary depending on the specification and condition of the flooring and what needs to be done to look after it or repair damage.
For polymeric rubber sports flooring, the maintenance can include sweeping and pressure washing to get rid of dirt and prevent it from getting stuck in the pores of the surface. With the needlepunch synthetic turf, maintenance can include brushing through the grass pile to redistribute the sand infill, and repairs to the carpet seams.
The video below shows the process of repair and resurfacing for a polymeric running track. The EPDM rubber had become damaged and wasn’t safe for use so we completed maintenance and respraying to the rubber surface to bring back good performance qualities.
Compact Athletics Facilities
Various athletic clubs in addition to schools have started to get more cost-effective facilities fitted for sports and athletics. A lot of schools and colleges struggle to upgrade their sporting facilities for many sporting events, which means youngsters can’t get involved in these kinds of sports activities. The primary reason for this might often be as a result of a shortage of space outdoors or perhaps a shortage of funds available at the institution.
Styles and specs may be adjusted to suit different spending budgets and requirements. By making use of these, children are in a position to enhance running, jumping and also throwing skills that are a part of FUNdamental steps of development.
Improving Activity Levels
Young children are going to be introduced to various activities, helping to increase the number of kids taking part in compact sports. Throughout the UK, childhood inactivity is a problem that affects the health of young people. Running tracks, jumping run ups and discus circles are just some of the preferred facilities which may be put in.
Multi activity spaces could be achieved by installing a single track; this may be used for long jump, relay races, hurdles and much more. In primary and secondary schools which can’t have a full-sized track, this really makes a great alternative that’s much less expensive as well as takes up much less room.
If a person thoroughly enjoys performing a particular activity like triple jump or discus, they are able to progress onto qualified facilities inside the UK. One particular problem which is having an effect on young children’s involvement in athletics is a lack of facilities that are targeted at a beginner in addition to entry-level sports athletes.
It is important for kids to take part in athletic activities from a young age – Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2 – and carry on during Key Stage Three and Four. Cooperating with England Athletics and Sport England, UKA has developed a new model of provision for sports and athletics activities. The newest design could be constructed in bright colours to attract younger people which is also less expensive, making it an excellent entry-level athletics facility for schools and colleges.
Design and Specification
Compact sports and athletic facilities may be installed to fit nearly every site and any spending plan, and also enable essential athletic skills to be taught and practised, enjoyed and also bettered. Discus circles, jogging straights along jumping lanes are amongst a few more popular components of these kinds of recreational surfaces.
For each and every different project the design and also area dimensions may be altered to match all needs and requirements, creating a fully customised outcome. Numerous clients could use a compact facility due to the specs being so flexible and unique. For many projects, current sports and playgrounds may be developed in educational institutions to produce a more diverse athletics provision. Many of these recreational surfaces will be installed using the multisport synthetic needlepunch turf.
Kids of every school key stage can benefit from personal development when learning new skills through the different sporting events. More young children will be motivated to participate in the brand new sporting activities when there is high quality and appealing facility available for them to use. For just about any school or college hoping to keep your charges down and remain within a spending budget, the compact recreational facilities offer an efficient solution. Compact facilities help introduce the FUNdamentals of athletics so young people can build on simple skills of movement along with physical exercise.
UKA is looking to increase interest in athletics and introducing available facilities for children is a huge step towards this goal. This is developed even more by hosting IAAF and IPC World Championships within London in 2017. When using such compact sports and athletics facilities, kids may find a particular activity that they like and might join a qualified club – assisting to better contribution in sports and athletics.
- Astro Turf Sports Pitch Contractors
- Athletics Landing Sand Pit Covers
- Athletics Surfacing Specification Options
- Athletics Track Maintenance
- Athletics Track Surfacing
- Benefits of Athletics for Schools
- Benefits of Trim Trails for Physical Development
- Costs to Build a Compact Athletics Facility
- Costs to Construct Triple Jump Athletics Facility
- Javelin Runway Distance, Length, Dimensions
- Long Jump Facility Installations in Essex
- Long Jump Pit Construction in Stockport, Manchester
- Long Jump Pit Installation in Edinburgh, Scotland
- Long Jump Run Up Construction Specialists
- Long Jump Runway
- Long Jump Runway and High Jump Fan Installation in Derby
- Long Jump Runway Construction in Somerset
- Long Jump Runway Installation in Chorley Lancashire
- Long Jump Runway Installation in Colchester Essex
- Long Jump Runway Installation in Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Long Jump Surface Construction Athletics Track Costs
- Long Jump Track With Sand Pit Construction in Slough, Berkshire
- Long/Triple Jump Runway Design
- Multi Lane Polymeric Long Jump Construction in St Albans
- Multi Lane Polymeric Long Jump Construction in St Albans, Hertfordshire
- Multisport Installation in Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
- Multisport Long Jump Construction in Buckinghamshire
- Multisport Long Jump Construction in Norwich
- MultiSport Long Jump Installation at a School in Essex
- MultiSport Long Jump Pit Installation in Coventry
- MultiSport Long Jump Pit Installation in Preston
- Multisport Long Jump Pit Installation in Preston, Lancashire
- Multisport Long Jump With Practice Lane in Leicester
- Multisport Long Jump with practice Lane Install in Leicester
- Multisport Runway Installation in Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
- Multisport Synthetic High Jump Installation in Berkshire
- Multisport Synthetic Long Jump in Wigan, Greater Manchester
- Multisport Synthetic Long Jump Installation in Oxford
- MultiSport Synthetic Surface Install in Oxford
- Pole Vault Run Up Surfacing
- Pole Vault Runway Construction
- Polymeric Long Jump Essex
- Polymeric Long Jump Pit Construction in Glasgow
- Polymeric Long Jump Pit Construction in Leeds, West Yorkshire
- Polymeric Long Jump Pit Installation in Liverpool, Merseyside
- Polymeric Long Jump Runway in Birmingham, West Midlands
- Polymeric Surface Long Jump Installation in Cardiff, Wales
- Polymeric Surface Long Jump Runway in Kettering, Northamptonshire
- Rake for Maintaining Long Jump Sandpit
- Rubber Mulch Daily Mile Track at a School in Manchester
- Rubber Mulch Daily Mile Track Installation in Leeds
- School Athletics Track Designs
- Schools Get Active With Outdoor Learning
- Schools Recreational Long Jump Runway Length
- Synthetic Long Jump Athletics Track Construction in Peterborough
Get In Touch
If you’d like to install an outdoor sports facility or long jump runway, or you have an existing one that needs to attend, please get in touch with us in regards to any athletics track services that we can do. We have many years of experience in working with schools and clubs to create the perfect design for brand new sports facilities which look great and perform to high standards.
Fill in our contact form with an idea of the work you’d like us to carry out, along with area size and location and we’ll get back to you with information on prices and designs for your project to ensure you get a great value athletics surface.