Resin bound rubber mulch is ideal for areas requiring a more natural look. It still provides a safety surface and can create a different texture. The rubber mulch is made from recycled rubber which is shredded and then coloured using our special process. The bonded shred is self-supporting and does not require a foundation layer and is therefore ideal for the less accessible locations or around tree bases.
What are Outdoor Safety Surfaces?
With any outdoor play area it’s important to ensure that the children using the surface are as safe as possible. They should also have an enjoyable environment where they can take part in a range of different activities. We specialise in safety flooring services to install outdoor surfacing at many locations such as:
- Public recreational areas
We can pretty much work in any location where kids are running, playing and using equipment like climbing units and activity trails.
Wetpour rubber safety floors are commonly chosen for these areas as it provides safety qualities to meet BS EN 1177 standards and can also be designed in a range of colours with graphics such as geometric shapes, cartoons, animals and educational markings. The NBS specification of wetpour gets its safety characteristics from its SBR shockpad base layer which absorbs impact from trips and falls to protect the children and prevent injuries.
We also offer a premium system of shredded rubber mulch which we call Rhino-Mulch. In our opinion Rhino-Mulch is superior in its construction to many ‘cheaper versions’. Trust the most experienced and knowledgeable team in the safety flooring industry to supply & fit your impact absorbing resin bound rubber mulch safety surface.
We offer a variety of outdoor safety surfacing options to provide a safe area for young children to play in. There are a number of different options we offer including wetpour, rubber mulch, artificial grass with a shockpad underneath and more. Our specialists aim to offer you the best value for money and will make certain that the surfaces are safe for kids to play on when carrying out the installation.
We can install many of our surfaces in different depths to meet specific Critical Fall Heights. It is important to consider CFH if you have play equipment on the area to ensure children will hurt themselves if they fall off the apparatus. Our team can work out the depth needed for you to ensure safety of your facility.
How is Activity Flooring Maintained?
As well as installing multisport flooring, we also provide maintenance services to keep the flooring in the best possible condition. By carrying out regular maintenance upon the surface we can make certain the flooring is safe for use. If you do not carry out regular inspections, you may not notice rips and tears on the surfacing. This can then become dangerous for the children using the multiactivity flooring, as they could trip and hurt themselves.
When carrying out the activity flooring maintenance services, you may find that some repairs are needed. Our team can offer minor repairs along with full resurfaces if necessary. By carrying out routine maintenance, you’ll be able to cut back on costs of the repairs. However if you have had the facility for a long period of time, it may require a full resurface.
Safety Surface Design
When installing safety flooring, we can incorporate numerous designs to enhance the area and make a more enjoyable space for young people to enjoy. You can incorporate educational games into surfaces like wetpour for young kids to make use of. We have a variety of safety flooring designs available which may be installed on the area. We can install these designs in various colours to meet individual requirements.
We’d highly recommend installing safety flooring to make certain children using the area will not suffer injuries. Since we install a range of different safety surfaces, you can create designs with multiple surface types to create a unique area for people to enjoy.
Outdoor Safety Flooring Specialists
It’s important to choose outdoor safety flooring specialists when installing a new play area. The same goes for if you need repairs to your existing one. We have many years of experience in the recreational surfacing industry. We have a wealth of knowledge on design and creating a specification which meets your budget.
As well as the wetpour surface type, we may also provide soft flooring services for a number of other flooring options including rubber tiles for grass areas. These are rubber mats in a honeycomb shape, made from recycled rubber.
Grass mats are normally 22mm thick and designed to be laid over existing grass, allowing it to grow through to conceal the rubber mat and create a better appearance. The specially designed tiles can be used as an impact absorbing safety surface and we would always recommend the additional installation of a Ground Stabilising Mesh (GSM) below the rubber mat itself to improve stability.
Each of the natural looking surface types we specialise in such as rubber mulch and grass mats are ideal for existing outdoor areas. This creates a more natural appearance while still adding extra safety qualities for use with equipment and activity trails.
Installing Safe Play Facilities
The video below shows one of our projects which involved installing a wetpour play area for a school. The designs for this safety surface included a number of colourful graphics with games for the children to enjoy. This rubber flooring also provides impact absorption around equipment such as slides which were also present on the playground.
Playground Surface Maintenance
As well as designing and installing these rubber surfacing specifications, we also offer safety flooring services to test, clean and maintain outdoor play areas and ensure that any issues are dealt with as quickly as possible. These include brushing to remove debris from the area and jet washing the flooring. We’ll also carry out repairs for localised damage or shrinkage of the rubber around the perimeter.
We offer many services to help you look after your recreational surfacing and we also supply equipment such as repair kits and de-icer. These enable you to carry out minor repairs and maintenance yourself. We can help if you are looking to install a new safety surface, or you need advice on maintenance of an existing one. Please get in touch with us through our enquiry form so we can discuss costs and offer you a quote.
If you do not carry out the appropriate maintenance on your area, you may have to deal with a number of costly repairs. Although we undertake repair work, it is better to try to avoid this. By completing regular inspections and cleaning services you can increase the life span of the playground and minimise expenses.
- Artificial Grass and Rubber Mulch Surfacing in Derby, Derbyshire
- Artificial Grass and Wetpour Pathway Installation at a School in Birmingham
- Artificial Grass and Wetpour Roadway Construction in Liverpool
- Artificial Grass with Rubber Shock Pad Installation at St Ann's Hospital, London
- Black Wetpour & Artificial Turf Construction at a Nursery in Harlow, Essex
- Black Wetpour Flooring Construction in Canterbury
- Black Wetpour Overlay at a Playground in Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
- Black Wetpour Play Area with 5% Green Fleck in Swansea, Wales
- Brown and Green Rubber Mulch Bench Surround in Birmingham
- Cleaning and Painting of a Tennis Surface in Manchester
- Coloured Play Safety Surfacing
- Coloured Wetpour Playground Design in Birmingham
- Colourful Play Area Surfacing in Sheffield
- Colourful Playground Flooring Design in Cardiff, Wales
- Colourful Rubber Playground Flooring in Wakefield, West Yorkshire
- Colourful UK Playground Surfacing in Bedfordshire
- Day Care Playground Safety Flooring in Stoke, Staffordshire
- Educational Playground Surface Installation in Brighton, East Sussex
- EPDM Rubber Play Area Flooring in Luton, Bedfordshire
- EPDM Rubber Wetpour Flooring in Newcastle
- Green Playground Safety Flooring in Somerset, UK
- Green Rubber Tarmac Playground Surfacing in Ashbourne, Derbyshire Dales
- Green Wetpour Flooring with Graphics Install in Exeter
- Green Wetpour Play Area Surfacing in Southampton
- Large Wetpour Play Area Surface Installation in Stockport, Greater Manchester
- Long Jump Runway and High Jump Fan Installation in Derby
- Muddy Wet Fitness Trim Trail Surfacing Options?
- Outdoor Safety Flooring Designs
- Rubber Mulch Safety Surface Designs
- Rubber Safety Surface Overlay
- Safe Play Area Surface
- Safer Pour Shock Attenuation Surface for Children’s Parks Flooring
- Safety Flooring Designs
- Safety Flooring Services
- Safety Surfaces For Playgrounds
- Safety Surfacing for Fitness Trim Trail Made From Timber
- Shock Attenuation Safer Pour Surfacing for Kids Play Area
- Soft Fall Impact Absorbing Playground Surface
- Spongy Playground Flooring Construction in Woking, Surrey
- Spongy Safer Pour Surfacing for Playgrounds
- Wet Pour Surfacing and Synthetic Turf Construction in Worthing, Sussex
Get In Touch
All the installation and maintenance services are completed by safe outdoor flooring specialists to the highest standards. This ensures complete client satisfaction and to keep the safety of the children as our top priority.
We have worked with schools, nurseries, councils and other educational organisations to develop outdoor playgrounds. These allow kids to participate in active play while learning through games which link to the National Curriculum.
For more information on the services we provide for outdoor safety flooring including wetpour, get in touch with us by filling in our enquiry form. We’ll send you some product sheets and examples of previous work that we have carried out. We’ll also offer a quote for the work you’d like us to complete.