As an experienced play surface contractor, we offer various schools playground services for both primary and secondary schools in the UK. We have installed play area safety surfaces at many locations and can create bespoke designs to suit the needs of each client.
What Surface Can be Installed for a School Playground?
There are a number of surfaces we install for play areas within primary schools and secondary schools. Some of the more popular school playground surfacing we may install include wetpour, thermoplastics graphics on the tarmac, artificial grass and rubber mulch.
We offer our surfaces in a number of bright colours and various designs and specifications to meet your individual needs and all ages and abilities. We can install a number of our surfaces under play equipment for schools too since they are impact absorbing.
We’re able to alter the designs of the surfaces to meet your individual needs and requirements. Our team can incorporate educational designs into existing play surfaces to enhance a creative play and fun space for kids to learn in. Our team will look into your spending budget and help you decide on the best surface to install to meet your requests.
One of the most popular surface types we install for recreational areas at schools is wetpour rubber flooring which is installed in a two-layered system with a base layer of SBR shockpad and a wearing course of EPDM rubber.
This creates ideal impact absorption for a kids’ play area where they will be running around, playing games and using outdoor play equipment for schools. Other surface types that can be used for school playgrounds are bonded rubber mulch, grass mat tiles play bark and synthetic turf lawns which all come in a variety of specifications to suit different area sizes and designs.
As well as installing each of these outdoor flooring options, other schools playground services that we offer include cleaning and maintenance of existing surfaces. It’s important to look after your recreational flooring to ensure that it’s safe for the kids to use; this is why we offer aftercare maintenance to keep the surface in top condition.
Depending on the specification of your play area, this maintenance can include pressure washing, brushing away debris and carrying out repairs if any damage is done or there is shrinkage around the perimeter.
We also supply wetpour repair kits which allow you to fix small areas of damage yourself, along with liquid de-icer to keep the play space safe and prevent accidents in cold weather where the ground may be slippery.
Graphic Inserts for Schools
The installation of thermoplastic or wetpour designs is a great way to improve the overall look of the area. Another benefit is it creates a fun and educational area for your students. Wetpour graphics are very popular in early years and primary schools since they are perfect for brightening up an existing rubber play area. Some of the popular outdoor play designs we install are:
They can also help improve children’s participation in educational games.
The colourful shapes can also be installed as a way to repair rips or tears in the existing wetpour. This is because shapes may be cut out and a new colour can be inserted.
Our school playground graphics may be installed in a number of colours and designs depending on your personal preferences.
What Groundworks Need to be Carried Out?
In order to create a lasting outdoor play surface for schools, it is important to consider groundworks. A solid sub base with good drainage properties needs to be set up. This will ensure the area doesn’t hold water and become dangerous in wet conditions. For the majority of our play area surfaces, we generally install an MOT type 1 sub-base. This provides a solid foundation to install the surfacing onto.
For surfaces like artificial grass, we can install a shockpad to provide impact absorbing properties. This will create a safer surface for children, especially if they fall over. The shockpad will prevent serious injuries from occurring. It is vital to consider school playground groundworks and to get a professional to complete the preparation work to ensure the installation is completed to the very best standard.
School Play Area Specialists
We have worked with numerous educational organisations throughout the UK and pride ourselves in being school play area specialists. Our experienced staff can help you with every part of your project from your very first enquiry. We would be happy to offer any advice you need with regards to specification and costs to install or maintain an outdoor area.
We can help to create a bespoke design that suits the needs of your pupils. Our experts can also tailor it to the appearance you’d like for your playground. Many are now choosing to have a school daily mile track to help kids improve their fitness.
Wetpour rubber surfacing can come with a wide range of graphic designs which offer both fun and educational games. This means you can choose activities which work the best with particular age groups. This usually depends on whether you’re a primary or secondary school.
It’s important to choose a reliable contractor when looking for someone to carry out schools playground services. This way you’ll be confident that a professional will complete the work and the final result will be safe for children.
- 4 Ideas for Teaching Organisation on the Playground
- 4 Reasons Why Schools Have Artificial Grass
- Activities to Teach Kindness on the Playground
- All Weather Surface Children’s Playground Safety Flooring
- Artificial Grass and Rubber Mulch Surfacing in Derby, Derbyshire
- Artificial Grass and Wetpour Pathway Installation at a School in Birmingham
- Artificial Grass and Wetpour Roadway Construction in Liverpool
- Benefits of a Mud Kitchen for a School Playground
- Benefits of Climbing in Primary School
- Benefits of Sensory Activities for Individuals With Autism
- Bespoke Playground Surfacing With Graphics in Northampton
- Best Playground Equipment for Primary Schools
- Black Wetpour & Artificial Turf Construction at a Nursery in Harlow, Essex
- Black Wetpour Flooring Construction in Canterbury
- Children’s Play Area Flooring
- Children’s Sensory Playground Designs
- Colourful Play Area Surfacing in Sheffield, South Yorkshire
- Colourful Playground Flooring Design in Cardiff, Wales
- Colourful Rubber Playground Flooring in Wakefield, West Yorkshire
- Colourful Rubber Playground Flooring Installation in Wakefield
- Colourful UK Playground Surfacing in Bedfordshire
- Cooperative Play Ideas for Kids
- Costs of Schools Playground Safety Surfaces
- Creating a Storytelling Area in Your Playground
- Day Care Playground Safety Flooring in Stoke, Staffordshire
- Den Building Ideas for Schools
- Designing a Playground for Non-Verbal Children
- Early Years Outdoor Play
- Educational Play Designs
- Educational Playground Surface Installation in Brighton
- Educational Playground Surface Installation in Brighton, East Sussex
- Encouraging Risk Taking in Outdoor Play
- EPDM Rubber Play Area Flooring in Luton
- EPDM Rubber Play Area Flooring in Luton, Bedfordshire
- EPDM Rubber Play Area Surfacing in Leeds, West Yorkshire
- EPDM Rubber Wetpour Flooring in Newcastle, Tyne and Wear
- EPDM Wet Pour Rubber Surfacing Colour Options
- EPDM/SBR Rubber Surfacing Playground Flooring
- Expressive Arts Playground Ideas
- How Do I Apply for Grant Funds for a Play Area in the UK?
- How Do Wet Pour Repair Kits Work
- How Playing Outside Can Reduce Stress and Anxiety
- How to Encourage Phonics Learning on the Playground
- How to Prepare Your Playground for Winter
- How to Refresh Your School Playground
- Imaginative Play Ideas for Kids
- Impact Attenuating Playground Surfacing
- Improving Children’s Exercise Levels in School
- Improving Children’s Mental Health With Play
- Inclusive Playground Equipment for Schools
- Independent Learning Activities for Kids
- Lap, Leap, Neap Play Area
- Large Wetpour Play Area Surface in Stockport
- LEAP Local Equipped Area for Play
- Learning Through Play – Psychology and Theories
- Managing Behaviour Through Active Outdoor Play
- NEAP Neighbourhood Equipped Area for Play
- Needlepunch Playground Construction in Kilmarnock
- Nursery EPDM Rubber Surfacing in Wolverhampton
- Nursery Play Area Maintenance
- Nursery Play Area Surfacing
- Nursery Playground Installation
- Nursery School Green Wetpour Overlay in Gloucester
- Ofsted Requirements for Outdoor Play
- Outdoor Maths Games for Children
- Outdoor Nursery School Surfacing in Preston
- Outdoor Nursery School Surfacing in Preston Lancashire
- Outdoor Play Area Ideas for Kids
- Outdoor Play Ideas for Children With Dyscalculia
- Outdoor Playground Roadway Design
- Outdoor Safety Flooring Designs
- Outdoor Wetpour Surfacing Install in Leicester
- Play Area Line Marking Specification
- Play Area Maintenance
- Play Area Safer Surfacing
- Play Area Safety Surfacing de Icer
- Play Area Surfaces
- Playground Activities for the National Curriculum
- Playground Designs for Sensory Processing Disorder
- Playground Equipment for Schools
- Playground Fencing
- Playground Flooring Repair in Birmingham, West Midlands
- Playground Games for Children With Dyspraxia
- Playground Games to Encourage Speech Development
- Playground Grass Mats Safer Flooring
- Playground Marking Graphics
- Playground Markings
- Playground Safety Surface Construction in Reading, Berkshire
- Playground Safety Surfacing with Graphics in Shropshire
- Playground Surface HIC Safety Flooring
- Playground Wet Pour Flooring in Northamptonshire
- Playground Wet Pour Flooring in Northumberland
- Playground Wet Pour Flooring in Nottinghamshire
- Playground Wet Pour Flooring in Oxfordshire
- Playground Wet Pour Flooring in Rutland
- Playground Wet Pour Flooring in Shropshire
- Playground Wet Pour Flooring in Somerset
- Poured in Place Rubber Bouncy Playground Surfaces
- Pre School Play Area Surfacing in Wigan, Greater Manchester
- Pre-School Play Area Surfacing in Wigan
- Primary School Outdoor Classroom Funding Grants
- Protective Playground Flooring
- PS4 Activity Games Space Area in Penrith
- Q26 – Wetpour Playground Safety Surfacing
- Rubber Outdoor External Playground Flooring
- Rubber Playground and Artificial Grass Surfacing in Middlesbrough
- Rubber Playground Surface Construction
- Rubber Spheres Play Equipment
- Rubber Tarmac Flooring
- Rubber Tarmac School Outdoor Playground Flooring
- Safety Surfaces For Playgrounds
- Safety Surfacing for Fitness Trim Trail Made From Timber
- Sand and Water Play Activities for Kids
- School Adventure Trail Designs
- School All Weather MUGA Pitches
- School Athletics Track Designs
- School Playground Design and Install in Manchester
- School Playground Graphics
- School Playground Groundworks
- School Playground Ideas
- School Playground Maintenance
- School Playground Marking Designs
- School Playground Surfacing
- Schools Get Active With Outdoor Learning
- Schools Recreational Long Jump Runway Length
- Schools Timber Gazebo Wooden Shelters
- SEN Playground Equipment for Schools
- Small nursery EPDM Rubber Surfacing in Wolverhampton
- Soft Fall Impact Absorbing Playground Surface
- Spongy Nursery School Surfacing in Carlisle
- Spongy Playground Flooring Construction in Woking, Surrey
- Spongy playground flooring construction that we carried out in Woking, Surrey
- Spongy Safer Pour Surfacing for Playgrounds
- Tests for Playground Safety Flooring
- Top 3 Safety Surfaces for Playgrounds
- Top 5 School Playground Trends
- Wet Pour Surfacing and Synthetic Turf Construction in Worthing, Sussex
- Wetpour Flooring & Graphics Installation in Bristol
- Wetpour Playground with Graphics in Salford, Greater Manchester
- Wetpour Safety Flooring with Graphics at a Nursery in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- What Is Critical Fall Height?
Get In Touch
We have many years of experience as school playground specialists in the sport and play industry. We would be happy to help you with any questions you have in regards to design, construction and maintenance of recreational surfaces and play equipment for schools.
Please use the contact form on this page if you want to send us an enquiry. Be sure to include an area size and postcode for your project. This helps our team give you a precise quote for the work.