Rubber playground surface construction is carried out in a number of locations around the UK. We can supply and install products to fit schools’ budgets and tailor quotes to suit you. These surfaces are commonly found at schools, nurseries and public parks.
Rubber Play Surface Costs
The costs and prices of the project depend on whether the area needs sufficient construction to help aid drainage. If it is at the bottom of a hill then a deeper excavation is needed and backfilled with porous stone. Doing this makes the rubber playground surface suitable for all weather conditions as it will be porous.
The design you choose can also affect the costs as the vibrant wetpour colours cost more than the standard black. Having multiple colours on the surface can also increase the price as we have to install adjoining colours on separate days. We also offer the choice of different shaped wetpour rubber graphics to make the facility even more fun.
People often choose to have these to add more activities onto the area and to make it educational. There are loads of shapes and designs we can provide including:
- Alphabet snakes
- Road signs
- Phonics games
We have a huge catalogue of graphic inserts which we can send over if you would like to find out more about them. You can also see case studies of our previous work and some of the designs we can offer.
Installing Rubberised Playgrounds
The rubber playground surface is a porous system that consists of SBR rubber base and EPDM rubber wearing course. Construction for these facilities will go as follows:
- Excavation of existing surface to the required depth
- Installation of MOT Type 1 stone sub base to the area
- Lay a tarmac layer onto the sub base with PCC edges
- Installing the SBR base layer of the rubber system
- Placing coloured graphic shapes in the chosen position on the area
- Laying the EPDM wearing course on top of the SBR base and around any graphics
The play area surfaces are usually constructed by groundworks which include excavation, dig out then stone up of the area which is installed within an edge which is most common to be a PCC edge and not timber. Timber edges are cheaper but prone to shrinking so a pcc edge is always advised for rubber surface playground surfacing areas.
If your existing surface is already macadam of a good quality we can lay the rubber surfacing straight onto this. You will need to ensure that the current macadam is fully porous so that water can drain completely through the surface and will not flood.
Find Out More
If you have any queries on the construction of a rubber play area facility then please contact us. We would be happy to answer any questions and provide quotes for a project. The pricing for rubber playground surface construction varies depending on many factors.
We take into account your location, the area size and the design of the proposed surfacing. Just let us know what you’re looking for and give us an idea of the budget and we’ll try to make it as affordable as possible.
You Might Also Like
Here are some wetpour articles you might like:
- Play Area Wet Pour Safety Surfaces Finish
- Playground Wet Pour Flooring In Northamptonshire
- Playground Wet Pour Flooring In Northumberland
- Playground Wet Pour Flooring In Nottinghamshire
- Playground Wet Pour Flooring In Oxfordshire
- Playground Wet Pour Flooring In Rutland
- Playground Wet Pour Flooring In Shropshire
- Playground Wet Pour Flooring In Somerset
- Poured In Place Rubber Bouncy Playground Surfaces
- Red EPDM Rubber Crumb Surfacing Suppliers
- Removal of Rubber Play Tiles & Wet Pour Upgrade
- Renovating Existing Rubber Flooring with Recap Wetpour Overlay
- Rubber Outdoor External Playground Flooring
- Rubber Playground Surface Construction
- Rubber Safety Surface Overlay
- Rubber Spheres Play Equipment
- Rubber Tarmac Flooring
- Rubber Wetpour Sphere 3D Globe
- Water Blend Wetpour Colour Safety Surfacing
- Wet Pour Design Options
- Wet Pour Installation
- Wet Pour Installation in Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria
- Wet Pour Resin UV Colour Change
- Wet Pour Safety Flooring Concrete Sub Base
- Wet Pour Surfacing in Harrow, London
- Wetpour and Artificial Grass in Fulbourn, Cambridge
- Wetpour Band Perimeter Shrinkage Repairs
- Wetpour Colours
- Wetpour Graphic Designs for Nurseries
- Wetpour Graphics Rubber Inserts
- Wetpour Installation in Amersham, Buckinghamshire
- Wetpour Installation in Caerhun, Conwy
- Wetpour Installation in Chelmsford, Essex
- Wetpour Installation in Glasgow, Scotland
- Wetpour Installation in Helensburgh, Argyll and Bute
- Wetpour Installation in Kendray, Barnsley
- Wetpour Installation in Llanelli, Wales
- Wetpour Installation in London
- Wetpour Installation in Prestwich, Bury
- Wetpour Installation in Rothwell, Leeds
- Wetpour Installation in Tenterden, Kent
- Wetpour Installation in Uxbridge, London
- Wetpour Installation in Westlands, Newcastle-under-Lyme
- Wetpour Nationwide
- WetPour Rubber Granulate Spheres To Playground Surfacing
- Wetpour Rubber Surfacing MOT Type 1 Sub Base
- Wetpour Sub Base Specifications
- What is a Wetpour Repair Kit?
- What is Wet Pour?
- Why Wetpour Safety Surfacing is ideal for Playgrounds?