SudStone Permeable SUDS Surfacing
SudStone is a type of resin bound surfacing that can be used in a range of different areas. The SudStone system varies to standard resin bound, as it is a thicker system with the addition of a Geogrid and Geofabric.
But, why choose Sudstone for your home or commercial property?
What is SudStone Resin Bound Surfacing?
SudStone is a SUDS (Sustainable Urban Drainage System) compliant surfacing, which can be installed in various colours to meet individual needs and requirements. It is a decorative surface which is becoming more popular in recent years.
SudStone is a thicker system than standard Resin Bound Gravel and does not require a macadam or concrete base to lay onto. This can save on groundworks costs!
Our SudStone surface creates a natural finish available in various colours.
National SudStone Resin Bound Installers
Have a look at this video below to see an example of one of our installations of this SUDS compliant surface:
What is SUDS Compliant?
A SUDS compliant surface refers to a surfacing that allows water to drain through. Permeable surfacing is great for driveways, patios, commercial properties and a range of other areas.
The water that passes through these fully permeable surfaces will either drain to natural ground or it will get directed to a soakaway system that has been installed.
Advantages of SudStone Surfacing
Some benefits of the SudStone surface include:
- Since water drains through, there will be no puddling on your surface
- No planning permission is required, due to the SUDS compliance
- It is an eco friendly surface
- Due to it being a seamless surface, weeds will not grow through
- SudStone can be installed in a number of different colours
- It is a strong and durable surface type
For more information on the advantages of our SudStone system, please contact our team today using the enquiry form on this page.
SudStone Resin Bound Installation
We have plenty of experience when it comes to installing SudStone resin bound stone.
We can install our SudStone system onto a number of different bases. The most common type of sub base would be a geotextile membrane and 175mm MOT Type 3 stone.
Once an appropriate sub base has been installed, we can then install the SudStone system. This comprises a Goefabric layer followed by a Geogrid.
Our team will then install a minimum of 25mm Soft Surfaces Resin Bound Base Course. This is trowelled to a smooth finish using 6-10mm aggregate.
Following the base course, we will then install our Soft Surfaces Resin Bound Surface Course. This is also trowelled to a smooth finish. The typical depth using the 6mm agrregate is 18mm. When using a 3mm aggregate the typical depth would be 15mm.
Finally, we would apply a fine grit. This would be cast onto an uncured surface. The area will then be left to cure.
It is recommended to have expert resin bound installers carry out the construction of your surface to get the very best results.
Contact Our Team
If you are interested in having our specialist SudStone Resin Bound SUDS compliant surfacing installed, make sure to contact our team. We offer the very best prices for high quality resin bound surfaces.
Simply fill in our contact form today and we can get some prices over to you.
You Might Also Like
Here are some resin bound articles you might like:
- Chorley Resin Bound Gravel Driveway – Case Study
- Commercial Resin Bound Gravel Project in Preston – Case Study
- Domestic Driveway Paving Ideas
- Resin Bonded or Resin Bound Gravel?
- Resin Bound Driveway Paving
- Resin Bound Gravel / Stone Mixing & Application Guide
- Resin Bound Gravel / Stone Pre Installation Guide
- Resin Bound Gravel at Salford Royal Hospital, Greater Manchester
- Resin Bound Gravel Driveway Installation in Chorley, Lancashire
- Resin Bound Gravel Enquiry Process
- Resin Bound Gravel Installation at Bradford Academy, West Yorkshire
- Resin Bound Gravel Installation at Cheshire Oaks
- Resin Bound Gravel Installation in Birmingham, West Midlands
- Resin Bound Gravel Installation in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Resin Bound Gravel Installation in Wigan, Lancashire
- Resin Bound Gravel Manhole Covers
- Resin Bound Gravel Pathway in Chelmsford, Essex
- Resin Bound Gravel Pathway in Stockport, Greater Manchester
- Resin Bound Gravel Pathway in Warrington, Cheshire
- Resin Bound Installation in Childwall, Liverpool
- Resin Bound Installation in Glasgow, Scotland
- Resin Bound Installation in Ludlow, Shropshire
- Resin Bound Installers
- Resin Bound or Block Paving
- Resin Bound Rubber Crumb Sports Underlay Shockpad
- Resin Bound Rubber Mulch
- Resin Bound Rubberised Crumb 12 – 15mm Depth Shock Pad
- Resin Bound Stone Installation at Jaguar Land Rover, London
- Resin Bound Stone Installation at Liverpool FC
- Resin Bound Stone Installation in Festival Gardens, Liverpool
- Resin Bound Stone Installation in Greenwich, London
- Resin Bound Stone Installation in Manchester
- Resin Bound Stone Installation in Stamford Park, Tameside
- Resin Bound Stone Installation in Woking, Surrey
- Rhino Mulch Resin Bound Rubber Shred Surface
- Rubber Golf Pathway Installation in Prestbury
- SUDS Permeable Resin Bound Stone Footpath Paving
- What is Resin Bound Gravel?
- What is Self Binding Gravel?