Wetpour is a rubber crumb play surface used in playgrounds, parks and recreational areas.
Wet pour is a two layered system including a base shock pad and a coloured top. This is often referred to as ‘rubber tarmac’ or ‘soft tarmac’.
This wet pour playground surface is available in a wide range of colours, including yellow, green, red epdm and much more.
What is a Wetpour Surface?
Wet pour surfacing is an impact absorbing rubber crumb safety surface. The rubber granules are mixed with a polyurethane resin and laid in the desired colour.
The installation of rubber safety flooring to playgrounds is available in a variety of bright colours.
All our rubber surfaces are tested to BS EN 1177 standards to meet safety and Critical Fall Height ratings. to use with various playground equipment including swings and climbing frames.
Wetpour surfacing is becoming increasingly popular for schools and nurseries. The rubberized play surface is installed in many different depths to meet certain requirements.
We can also install play graphics on the areas to create fun, educational games for the children to play on. When the shock pad is down, the next step is to install the wearing course. This is 1-4mm EPDM rubber that we mix with the polyurethane resin and pour onto the shock pad.
Ideas For Your Wetpour Surface
When installing a wet pour rubber playgrounds, many schools choose to brighten the area with a variety of coloured graphics.
These fun designs within the poured rubber playground flooring stimulate the children’s minds through games and educational activities.
A popular choice is to have the wet pour rubber flooring in black EPDM and then add coloured graphics. Designs for the various playground rubber surface types can include many games such as:
- Educational activities
- ‘What’s the Time Mr Wolf?’
- Number and letter grids
- Cartoon characters
- Phonics activities
- Geometric shapes
The educational graphics with letter and numbers are particularly popular in school playgrounds. These enable pupils to practice the skills learnt in lessons.
The main advantages of wet pour rubber surfaces are:
- Reduces Impact from falls
- Low Maintenance
- Easy to clean
- Suitable for all weather conditions
- Laid in a variety of colours/designs
- Durable rubber play surface
- Can be laid easily into awkward shapes
Underneath equipment like swings,
climbing frames and slides.
Small areas or uneven surfaces including slopes and hills.
Large Play Areas
Either plain or multi-coloured spaces to absorb impact from trips or falls.
Wetpour Playground Surface Designs
The NBS specification of wet pour surfacing is a two-layer system. This comprises of an SBR base layer and an EPDM top layer. The SBR base acts as a shockpad to absorb impact. The EPDM wearing course layer is made up of rubber granules and comes in a range of bright colours and designs.
We install wetpour soft surfacing onto various sub bases depending on the existing conditions. Impact absorbing rubber play surfaces are installed onto a compacted MOT type 1 stone sub base. It’s also known as poured rubber flooring due to the way it is installed.
Our preferred sub base would be a solid porous surface. This includes open-textured porous macadam or no fines concrete.
We offer many options of wet pour playground surface for schools, nurseries and public facilities.
Please feel free to contact us today by completing the quick enquiry form on this page. We can help with product information and offer advice on installation costs.
Rubber Wet Pour Play Flooring
Surrounding play equipment or on
paths and walkways.
Gardens or paths at care and residential homes.
As a pathway or small play area for children.
These are just a few of the places where the rubber crumb surfacing is regularly used. It’s a very versatile flooring type so it can be installed in many more locations and facilities depending on your requirements.
Rubber Play Flooring
You can customise the look of your wetpour rubber crumb flooring to make it unique to your particular school or nursery.
We can even create bespoke designs with logos or specific colour schemes of your choice.
There is a wide variety of rubber wet pour graphic designs available to suit children of all ages. The wet pour rubber playground surfaces are versatile and durable. They are suitable for toddlers up to primary school children
As a specialist contractor of play surfaces, we can offer professional design advice. We’ll make sure it suits all the necessary safety and performance requirements.
Safety Surfacing Company
As specialist installers of rubber safety surfacing in the UK, we can offer a wide range of wet pour rubber flooring services to schools, nurseries, public parks and play areas to ensure that any children using the facility are fully protected against injuries.
The great thing about our team is that we are wet pour play surface suppliers that install our products to the very best quality.
One of the main services we carry out is the full installation of wet pour safety surfacing to playgrounds in a variety of bright colours and designs. All of the rubber surfaces that we install have been specially tested to BS EN 1177 standards for safety and Critical Fall Height ratings to use with various playground equipment including swings and climbing frames.
Wetpour surfacing is becoming increasingly popular for schools and nurseries where young people will be playing. The impact absorbing safety surfacing can be installed in a number of different depths to meet certain requirements. We can also install play graphics on the areas to create fun, educational games for the children to play on.
A wet pour safety surface can be installed in various shapes too, as it is a ‘pour on’ rubber flooring. Get in touch for more information.
Get In Touch
Our experienced staff will be able to answer any wetpour surfacing questions you have. We can also provide details on many other playground flooring and safety surfacing specifications.
We can carry out full installations, repairs and maintenance of wet pour playground surfaces.
You Might Also Like
Here are some wetpour surfacing articles you might like:
- Benefits of Wetpour
- Bespoke Playground Surfacing with Graphics in Northampton
- Black Wetpour and Artificial Turf Installation in Harlow
- Black Wetpour Play Area With 5% Green Fleck in Swansea
- Blue EPDM Rubber Crumb Surfacing Suppliers
- Coloured Wetpour Playground Design in Birmingham
- Colourful Play Area Surfacing in Sheffield, South Yorkshire
- Colourful Playground Flooring Design in Cardiff, Wales
- Colourful Rubber Playground Flooring Installation in Wakefield
- Day Care Playground Safety Flooring in Stoke
- De Icer Liquid Applied Deicer Product to Wetpour Safety Flooring Pathways
- Educational Playground Surface Installation in Brighton
- EPDM / SBR Rubber Surfacing Playground Flooring
- EPDM Rubber Play Area Flooring in Luton
- EPDM Rubber Play Area Surfacing in Leeds, West Yorkshire
- EPDM Rubber Wetpour Flooring in Newcastle, Tyne and Wear
- EPDM wet pour rubber surfacing colour options
- Existing Safer Pour Rubber Surface Renovation With Recap Overlay
- Grass Blend Wetpour Rubber EPDM Flooring
- How Do Wet Pour Repair Kits Work
- How to Repair Rubber Playground Flooring
- Installing Green Wetpour Play Area Surfacing in Southampton
- Large Wetpour Play Area Surface in Stockport
- Multicoloured Wetpour Surfacing Design in York
- Nursery EPDM Rubber Surfacing in Wolverhampton
- Nursery School Wetpour Surfacing Repair in Portsmouth
- Outdoor Nursery School Surfacing in Preston Lancashire
- Outdoor Wetpour Installation in Leicester
- Play Area Wet Pour Safety Surfaces Finish
- Playground Flooring Repair in Birmingham, West Midlands
- Playground Safety Surface Construction in Reading, Berkshire
- Playground Wet Pour Flooring In Northamptonshire
- Playground Wet Pour Flooring In Northumberland
- Playground Wet Pour Flooring In Nottinghamshire
- Playground Wet Pour Flooring In Oxfordshire
- Playground Wet Pour Flooring In Rutland
- Playground Wet Pour Flooring In Shropshire
- Playground Wet Pour Flooring In Somerset
- Poured In Place Rubber Bouncy Playground Surfaces
- Pre School Play Area Surfacing in Wigan, Greater Manchester
- Q26 – Wetpour Playground Safety Surfacing
- Red EPDM Rubber Crumb Surfacing Suppliers
- Removal of Rubber Play Tiles & Wet Pour Upgrade
- Renovating Existing Rubber Flooring with Recap Wetpour Overlay
- Resin Bound Gravel Installation in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Rubber Outdoor External Playground Flooring
- Rubber Playground and Artificial Grass Surfacing in Middlesbrough
- Rubber Playground Surface Construction
- Rubber Safety Surface Overlay
- Rubber Spheres Play Equipment
- Rubber Tarmac Flooring
- Rubber Wetpour Play Area Flooring in Bradford
- Rubber Wetpour Sphere 3D Globe
- Safer Pour Shock Attenuation Surface For Children’s Parks Flooring
- School Playground Design and Install in Manchester
- Seamless Liquid Wet Pour Rubber EPDM Safer Surfacing
- Shock Attenuation Safer Pour Surfacing For Kids Play Area
- Soft Services Safety Flooring In EPDM Rubber Crumb Materials
- Spongy Playground Flooring Construction in Woking, Surrey
- Spongy Safer Pour Surfacing for Playgrounds
- Upgrade, Refurbishment, Replacement of Wetpour Flooring
- UV Degradation and Discolouration of EPDM Wetpour
- Water Blend Wetpour Colour Safety Surfacing
- Wet Pour Design Options
- Wet Pour Installation
- Wet Pour Installation in Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria
- Wet Pour Installation In Warrington, Cheshire
- Wet Pour Resin UV Colour Change
- Wet Pour Safety Flooring Concrete Sub Base
- Wet Pour Surfacing in Harrow, London
- Wetpour and Artificial Grass in Fulbourn, Cambridge
- Wetpour and Artificial Grass Installation at Hillview Hospital
- Wetpour and Artificial Grass Installation in Coventry, West Midlands
- Wetpour Band Perimeter Shrinkage Repairs
- Wetpour Colours
- Wetpour Daily Mile Track
- Wetpour Graphic Designs for Nurseries
- Wetpour Graphics Installation in Wrexham, Wales
- Wetpour Graphics Rubber Inserts
- Wetpour Installation in Amersham, Buckinghamshire
- Wetpour Installation in Caerhun, Conwy
- Wetpour Installation in Chelmsford, Essex
- Wetpour Installation in Glasgow, Scotland
- Wetpour Installation in Helensburgh, Argyll and Bute
- Wetpour Installation in Kendray, Barnsley
- Wetpour Installation in Llanelli, Wales
- Wetpour Installation in London
- Wetpour Installation in Prestwich, Bury
- Wetpour Installation in Rothwell, Leeds
- Wetpour Installation in Tenterden, Kent
- Wetpour Installation in Uxbridge, London
- Wetpour Installation in Watford, London
- Wetpour Installation in Westlands, Newcastle-under-Lyme
- Wetpour Nationwide
- Wetpour Pathway Installation at a Retirement Home in Leicester
- Wetpour Playground Design Installation in Glasgow
- Wetpour Playground Surfacing Installation in Derby
- Wetpour Repair in Crawley, West Sussex
- Wetpour Repair in Liverpool Merseyside
- Wetpour Rubber Surfacing MOT Type 1 Sub Base
- Wetpour Sports Court Flooring in Dartmouth
- Wetpour Sub Base Specifications
- Wetpour Surface Installation in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Wetpour Surface Installation in Eastbourne, East Sussex
- Wetpour Surface Installation in Woking, Surrey
- Wetpour Surface Overlay in Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
- Wetpour Surface Roadway Design in Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
- Wetpour Surfacing Installation in Lytham St Annes
- Wetpour Surfacing Installation in Wembley, London
- What is a Wetpour Repair Kit?
- What is Wet Pour?
- Why Wetpour Safety Surfacing is ideal for Playgrounds?
- Yellowing, Discolouring of Rubber Crumb Wet Pour Surfacing
- 40mm Thick Wetpour Insitu Synthetic Surfacing
Frequently Asked Questions
If you are interested to find out even more about soft pour surfacing, make sure to have a look at some of our frequently asked questions.
Wet Pour or Wet Pore?
The correct terminology for this surface is wetpour EPDM rubber surfacing.
People often spell wet pour as ‘wet pore’, however this is incorrect. The name ‘wetpour’ comes from the installation process, as the rubber is poured onto the sub base to create a solid rubber surface.
This solid rubber playground surface can then be used under play equipment to ensure children are safe in the event they fall.
What is a Soft Surface?
A soft surface can refer to any rubber safety surface including wet pour, rubber mulch and rubber tiles.
Each of the surfaces are different in appearance, but all offer safety qualities. Rubber mulch is generally used in more natural areas.
Wetpour is often preferred over rubber tiles, as it is a poured rubber surface. This means that the surface can be installed in any shaped area with no wastage as it is poured in place rubber.
How do you Pour Rubber?
Here is a step by step guide on how to pour rubber surfacing:
- Mix EPDM rubber granules with binder
- Pour mixture over the prepared sub base
- Spread the rubber surface across the ground
- Screed the surface to create a flat surface at the required depth
It is important to get a professional to carry out the installation of the pour in place rubber flooring. As experts in the industry, we can ensure you get the very best installation to the correct levels.
Wet pour rubber flooring DIY can be risky, especially if you have play equipment on the area. If you do not install the surface to the correct depth, children could be injured in the event they fall from the play equipment.