Resin Bound Rubber Mulch
One popular outdoor surface type is resin bound rubber mulch. This is made from 100% recycled tyre rubber shred, which is then colour coated. This is a Premium rubber mulch which should not be confused or compared to standard systems. We often install these products for children’s playgrounds at schools and nurseries. They are also a popular choice of pathways in parks and other public spaces.
We have installed these for many clients across the country with various specifications. Designs can be tailor-made to suit each different projects. We also offer a range of colour choices including red and green for this product. Due to its flexible nature, the rubberised mulch can be laid in a variety of shapes including meandering pathways.
Rubber Mulch Surface Design
We use a specific blend of rubber mulch which is mixed with a special resin and then hand screed, normally to a minimum 40mm thick system. This surface is great for areas you want to keep the more ‘natural’ look to with the added benefit that it does not require the daily maintenance and upkeep, that a loose filled mulch area may require.
It has a more rustic appearance compared to alternatives like wetpour play surfacing which comes in bright colours. It looks similar to wood chippings which are commonly installed in children’s play areas. However, the rubber material gives added safety qualities to prevent injuries. The shock-absorbing properties can be altered to suit the Critical Fall Height of any equipment in the area.
Professional Rubber Mulch Services
100% recycled rubber is used in the mulch playground surface. It is ideal for parks, play areas and playgrounds. It is an impact absorbing surface that meets the CFH for play equipment. Please check site suitability of this product prior to installation as we do not recommend its use in all applications. We advise a dynamic sub base and edges in all applications but it is possible for bonded rubber bark to be laid over existing grass areas.
Bonded Rubber Resin Bark
The surfacing is made up of rubber chippings which are bound together with resin to create a continuous surface. We will usually install this onto grass or existing muddy areas. It is great for evening out the area and adding safety qualities, especially around playground equipment. Things like trim trails and climbing frames can be dangerous if kids fall off onto the hard ground.
The mulch provides impact absorbing qualities to help prevent injuries. It also offers a more comfortable surface underfoot for paths and walkways. Popular locations for this product include:
- Residential care homes
- Golf courses
- Chorley Resin Bound Gravel Driveway – Case Study
- Commercial Resin Bound
- Commercial Resin Bound Gravel Project in Preston – Case Study
- Domestic Driveway Paving Ideas
- Resin Bonded Gravel Specification
- Resin Bonded or Resin Bound Gravel?
- Resin Bound Driveway Paving
- Resin Bound Gravel / Stone Mixing & Application Guide
- Resin Bound Gravel at Salford Royal Hospital, Greater Manchester
- Resin Bound Gravel Driveway Installation in Chorley, Lancashire
- Resin Bound Gravel Installation at Bradford Academy, West Yorkshire
- Resin Bound Gravel Installation at Cheshire Oaks
- Resin Bound Gravel Installation in Birmingham, West Midlands
- Resin Bound Gravel Installation in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Resin Bound Gravel Installation in Wigan, Lancashire
- Resin Bound Gravel Manhole Covers
- Resin Bound Gravel Pathway in Chelmsford, Essex
- Resin Bound Gravel Pathway in Stockport, Greater Manchester
- Resin Bound Gravel Pathway in Warrington, Cheshire
- Resin Bound Installation in Childwall, Liverpool
- Resin Bound Installation in Glasgow, Scotland
- Resin Bound Installation in Ludlow, Shropshire
- Resin Bound Installers
- Resin Bound or Block Paving
- Resin Bound Rubber Crumb Sports Underlay Shockpad
- Resin Bound Rubber Mulch
- Resin Bound Stone Installation at Jaguar Land Rover, London
- Resin Bound Stone Installation at Liverpool FC
- Resin Bound Stone Installation in Festival Gardens, Liverpool
- Resin Bound Stone Installation in Greenwich, London
- Resin Bound Stone Installation in Manchester
- Resin Bound Stone Installation in Stamford Park, Tameside
- Resin Bound Stone Installation in Woking, Surrey
- Suds Permeable Resin Bound Stone Footpath Paving
- What Is Resin Bound Gravel?
Our team can install the rubber resin material in a range of places throughout the UK. Feel free to get in touch if you’d like more information on the prices and designs available. We would be happy to put together a quote for your resin bound rubber mulch project. Just let us know where you are located and what your budget is so we can supply an affordable quotation.