Multi Use Games Areas are sports facilities that are often in places like schools, playgrounds and sports clubs and these surfaces often need vital rejuvenation and renovation. This renovation work can come in many forms as there are a number of different surfaces available. There are also a number of different MUGA maintenance techniques that we can use.
Most of the sports pitches can suffer from algal squidge, moss, mud and general dirt and grime. This can then cause the surface to have poor drainage which leads to surface flooding.
Rejuvenation of MUGA Pitches
A common type of sports surface for a ball court / kickabout court is the 3G football pitch all weather synthetic Astroturf flooring. People refer to this type of surfacing as an STP or ATP, depending on the area size and dimension of the MUGA. This type of surface often is sand dressed which means that the sand can fill up to 70% of the pile height of the carpet, although sand filled is also available.
When the sand suffers contamination, we can revitalise it through the extraction / replacement of the sand. This means we can then replace the sand to give better drainage and less risk of flooding. When new sand has been installed onto the MUGA surface, the astroturf game lines can also be replaced and renovated.
Sports like Football, Hockey and Tennis are all common sports on MUGA surfaces like Astro turf, Polymeric and Asphalt Macadam.
- The EPDM Polymeric surfacing consists of recycled rubber chippings that we mix with a binder and install as a sports surface.
- The Asphalt Tar macadam surface is a very hard wearing surface that is very common as a long term, low maintenance option.
More Maintenance Options
Along with multi use games area rejuvenation maintenance there are other ways you can keep the facility in great condition. Other options on these surfaces include new anti slip coatings, patch & perimeter repairs and surface cleaning.
Have a look at the video below to see our team completing a rejuvenation for a football pitch. The surface was holding water and had become unsafe to play on. The final result is a pitch that looks as good as new and can now be enjoyed by players.
You can carry out regular brushing and general cleaning yourself to help prevent any major damage. If the area does sustain damage or become flooded, we can apply more rigorous methods to get it back in shape.
Get in touch with our team today to find out more about MUGA rejuvenation maintenance. We’d be happy to discuss this and offer more information on the process. One of our experts can give you a price for the work which will suit your budget. Just fill in the contact form on this page and we’ll get back to you.
You Might Also Like
Here are some MUGA articles you might like:
- Astro Turf MUGA Sports Pitches Rejuvenation Maintenance
- Building 5-a-side Football MUGA in Gloucester
- Coating Of Synthetic MUGA Surfacing With Acrylic Coatings
- Coating Of Synthetic MUGAs Surfacing With Water Based Coatings
- Coloured Asphalt Installation in Yetminster, Dorset
- Domestic MUGA Construction Specialists
- External Surfacing Skid Resistant Scale Deceleration Testing
- Floodlight Multi Use Games Area
- In Situ Slip Resistant Testing MUGA Sports Court
- Macadam MUGA Painting in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- MUGA All Weather Surfaces Finish
- MUGA Anti Slip Sports Coatings
- MUGA Construction Specifications and Costs
- MUGA Nationwide
- MUGA Pitch Designs for Primary School
- MUGA Surfacing Suppliers, Contractors, Companies
- MUGAs Multi Use Games Areas
- Multi Use Activity Surfacing Designs
- Multi Use Game Areas Surface Finishes
- Multi Use Games Area Rejuvenation Maintenance
- Multi User Game Areas specification, design, costs
- Multi User Games Area Surfacing, Construction
- Needlepunch MUGA Surfacing Upgrade in London
- Olympic Legacy Funding Funds Available For MUGA Multi Use Games Areas
- Porous Polymeric Surfaced MUGA
- Pressure Cleaning Tennis Courts MUGA Surfaces
- Proactive Maintenance For Multi Use Games Areas
- Promoting Teamwork with Multi Use Games Areas
- Reactive Maintenance To MUGA Pitch Surfacing
- Recolouring Moisture Cure Anti Slip Paint & Line Marking to Sport MUGAs
- Recreational Basketball MUGA Sports Pitch
- Recreational Mini Tennis MUGA Sports Pitch
- Residential MUGA Tennis Courts Painting Specialists
- Residential Tennis Court MUGA Colour Spraying
- Revitalise MUGA Sports Court All Weather Pitch With Rejuvenation
- Roll Form Welded Mesh Fences For Multi Use Games Areas
- Sand Filled MUGA Surfacing
- School All Weather MUGA Pitches
- Size of 5 a Side Court MUGA
- Size of Netball Court Sports MUGAs
- Small Sided Football Dual Use Games Area
- Soft Services MUGA Sports Pitch Surfacing
- Soft Services Multi Use Games Areas Surfacing
- STP, ATP, MUGA 4G All Weather Pitches
- Tips Applying Polyurethane Painted Surface to Polymeric Multi Use Games Area
- Tips Applying Polyurethane Painted Surfaces To Macadam MUGA Surfacing
- Type 1 Macadam Multi Use Games Area Sports Surfacing
- Type 2 MUGA Open Textured Porous Macadam Polyurethane Painting Finish
- Type 3 Polymeric Surfacing MUGA
- Upgrade Convert Rundown Tennis Court MUGA
- What is a MUGA?
- 3 Reasons To Build Dual Use MUGA Ball Court