What is a MUGA?
- Type 1 and type 2 multi use games area design specifications. A macadam surface finish with primary sports for tennis, basketball and netball. Coloured anti slip coatings can be applied for added grip.
- Type 3 and type 4 Multi Use Games Areas. A polymeric rubber surface finish. With primary activities for netball, 5-a-side football, basketball and more.
- Type 5A games area which is a 2G sand filled synthetic grass surface finish. These have stable and versatile playing characteristics for football and hockey in schools and clubs.
- Type 5B surfacing which is a sand dressed artificial turf finish with hockey as a primary sport. This is due to the smooth ball roll qualities which are ideal for recreational practice and professional matches.
- Type 5C multi-use games area MUGA pitch which is a Multisport needlepunch surface finish. The Primary sports for football and hockey as well as use in athletics facilities such as running tracks.
- 3G MUGA. High quality artificial sports turf specification with natural qualities for football and rugby. This is due to the sand and rubber infill which enhance performance and safety.
Benefits of Multi Use Games Areas
These facilities are commonly found at schools, colleges and sports clubs as they cater for a diverse range of sports. Here are some of the key benefits of having a MUGA:
- Suitable to use for a range of sports and activities
- Versatile designs including hard court and artificial grass
- Makes the most of your existing outdoor space
- No need to install multiple facilities for different sports
- Less maintenance required as you are only looking after one area
- School children can enjoy doing a number of activities
These are a few of the reasons why people choose to have the multi use games areas.
MUGA Surfacing Contractors
As experts within the multi use games areas industry with plenty of experience, we will only make use of premium materials and specialist sports playground equipment.
Equipment that we can offer includes recess goal, fencing, tennis nets, posts and more.
Our professional MUGA contractors complete the installations of the surfaces and equipment to a top standard and will make certain you are happy with the finished result.
Although we may not be the cheapest contractors out there, we do offer the best services. Cheaper contractors may not use the same quality materials as we do and they may not have as much experience as our qualified, high skilled team.
Sport Facility Playground Equipment
Another of the services we can provide is the installation of additional sports playground equipment and extras. This can help complete the court and enable you to use it to its maximum potential. These can include specialist sports floodlighting and secure rebound fencing which keep the area safe and allow the surface to be used outside of daylight hours which gives the potential to generate extra revenue for your club or school.
Anti slip paint coatings are also available for macadam and polymeric court surfaces in a range of bright colours. We can also apply line markings for different activities like basketball, netball and tennis. You can have full control over the design of your MUGA (multi use games area) to make sure it suits the needs of those who will be using it.
Make sure you fill in our contact form if you need some professional advice. We can supply a range of information about the sport facilities we install and the materials available. One of our experts will talk you through things like costs, specifications and construction for your particular project.
We can offer great value prices for each of these all purpose pitch services so please contact us. If you’d like to discuss a project for building a new multi use games area facility, our team can help.
Get In Touch
Our helpful staff will be able to give you some professional advice on how to create the perfect sports surface design which will be durable and maintain its performance qualities over long periods of time. Be sure to contact us using our enquiry form and send our team through your details, the site post code and an area size of the pitch. When we have this we can provide an accurate quote for the MUGA playground facility services.
Make sure to follow us on our social media accounts too for more information on our products.
You Might Also Like
Here are some MUGA playground articles you might like:
- Anti Slip Sports Court Painting in Preston, Lancashire
- Astro Turf MUGA Sports Pitches Rejuvenation Maintenance
- Building 5-a-side Football MUGA in Gloucester
- Coating Of Synthetic MUGA Surfacing With Acrylic Coatings
- Coating Of Synthetic MUGAs Surfacing With Water Based Coatings
- Coloured Asphalt Installation in Yetminster, Dorset
- Domestic MUGA Construction Specialists
- External Surfacing Skid Resistant Scale Deceleration Testing
- Floodlight Multi Use Games Area
- In Situ Slip Resistant Testing MUGA Sports Court
- Macadam MUGA Painting in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- MUGA All Weather Surfaces Finish
- MUGA Anti Slip Sports Coatings
- MUGA Construction Specifications and Costs
- MUGA Nationwide
- MUGA Pitch Designs for Primary School
- MUGA Surfacing Suppliers, Contractors, Companies
- Multi Use Activity Surfacing Designs
- Multi Use Game Areas Surface Finishes
- Multi Use Games Area Rejuvenation Maintenance
- Multi User Game Areas specification, design, costs
- Multi User Games Area Surfacing, Construction
- Needlepunch MUGA Surfacing Upgrade in London
- Olympic Legacy Funding Funds Available For MUGA Multi Use Games Areas
- Porous Polymeric Surfaced MUGA
- Pressure Cleaning Tennis Courts MUGA Surfaces
- Proactive Maintenance For Multi Use Games Areas
- Promoting Teamwork with Multi Use Games Areas
- Reactive Maintenance To MUGA Pitch Surfacing
- Recolouring Moisture Cure Anti Slip Paint & Line Marking to Sport MUGAs
- Recreational Basketball MUGA Sports Pitch
- Recreational Mini Tennis MUGA Sports Pitch
- Residential MUGA Tennis Courts Painting Specialists
- Residential Tennis Court MUGA Colour Spraying
- Revitalise MUGA Sports Court All Weather Pitch With Rejuvenation
- Roll Form Welded Mesh Fences For Multi Use Games Areas
- Sand Filled MUGA Surfacing
- School All Weather MUGA Pitches
- Size of 5 a Side Court MUGA
- Size of Netball Court Sports MUGAs
- Small Sided Football Dual Use Games Area
- Soft Services MUGA Sports Pitch Surfacing
- Soft Services Multi Use Games Areas Surfacing
- STP, ATP, MUGA 4G All Weather Pitches
- Tips Applying Polyurethane Painted Surface to Polymeric Multi Use Games Area
- Tips Applying Polyurethane Painted Surfaces To Macadam MUGA Surfacing
- Type 1 Macadam Multi Use Games Area Sports Surfacing
- Type 2 MUGA Open Textured Porous Macadam Polyurethane Painting Finish
- Type 3 Polymeric Surfacing MUGA
- Upgrade Convert Rundown Tennis Court MUGA
- What is a MUGA?
- 3 Reasons To Build Dual Use MUGA Ball Court
Frequently Asked Questions
How much is a MUGA?
A MUGA pitch can cost from £80,000
What is a MUGA pitch?
MUGA pitch is a Multi Use Games Area which a range of sports games can be played on the surface.
What Games can be played on a MUGA?
You can play football, tennis, hockey, rugby and a range of other sports on a Multi Use Games Area.
MUGA sports pitch dimensions are usually 38m x 18m or 35m x 17m. However we do offer different courts sizes and it is not required that you have to follow a specific measurements.
MUGA stands for Multi Use Games Area.