Coating of Synthetic MUGA Surfacing With Acrylic Coatings
There are a number of different coating options that are now available if your sports surface requires or has the need for it. Anti-slip coatings such as Acrylic, water-based and PU Polyurethane can all now be used, depending on the synthetic MUGA surfacing. If the Multi-Use Games Area is synthetic, an Acrylic coating can be used.
Other MUGA surfaces such as EPDM Polymeric rubber, a polyurethane coating can be used and a Porous Macadam surface, a Water Based coating can be used. All of the anti-slip coatings that are available to use can all be made in colours such as red, green, white and blue and can all be used to coat surfaces that will house sports like Basketball, Football, Netball and Tennis.
These coatings can be anti-slip and can comply with TRRL 75 for Netball and TRRL 60 for multisports. As all synthetic MUGA surfacing specifications can be constructed to all different dimensions and sizes to suit individual requirements, the preferred application method is an airless sprayer, due to the speed of the application, although a paint roller can still be used.
Multi-use games areas or ball courts can all be upgraded, resurfaced, cleaned and recoloured using these types of coatings. New line markings can also be installed at the same time, normally with a line width of 50mm. Funding and budgets for these projects can be an issue so specifications and designs can be tweaked to suit most projects and sporting uses.
Safety should be the main priority for any sports facility, especially at a school where young children will be using synthetic MUGA surfacing for a range of activities. This is why it is always advised to have an acrylic or polyurethane non slip paint coating applied to improve the traction of the surfacing and to prevent injury from slips and trips.
Regular maintenance should always be carried out for synthetic MUGA surfacing to remove dirt and debris which could contaminate the area and make it flooded and slippery underfoot. After a while, a new layer of anti slip coating and line markings may need to be applied to bring back the best performance qualities and to ensure that the facility remains safe for use.
We have installed countless sports facilities at various locations in the UK, ranging from full-sized pitches, multi-use sports courts and athletics facilities. We are experts in the construction and maintenance of synthetic MUGA surfacing and we would be happy to speak with you about any enquiry you have.
Feel free to use our contact form to get in touch with us so we can give you some professional advice about any queries you have in regards to installation, maintenance and pricing. You can also head over to our website https://www.softsurfaces.co.uk/ which has further information about the work we carry out.
- 3 Reasons to Build Dual Use MUGA Ball Court
- Astro Turf MUGA Sports Pitches Rejuvenation Maintenance
- Building 5-a-Side Football MUGA in Gloucester
- Coating of Synthetic MUGA Surfacing With Acrylic Coatings
- Coating of Synthetic MUGAs Surfacing With Water Based Coatings
- Domestic MUGA Construction Specialists
- Floodlight Multi Use Games Area
- In Situ Slip Resistant Testing MUGA Sports Court
- Macadam MUGA Painting in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Macadam Muga Painting in Taunton, Somerset
- MUGA All Weather Surfaces Finish
- MUGA Anti Slip Sports Coatings
- MUGA Construction Specifications and Costs
- MUGA Contractors
- MUGA Installation
- MUGA Nationwide
- MUGA Pitch Designs for Primary School
- MUGA Pitch Maintenance
- MUGA Surfaces
- MUGA Surfacing Repair
- MUGA Surfacing Suppliers, Contractors, Companies
- Multi Use Activity Surfacing Designs
- Multi Use Game Areas Surface Finishes
- Multi Use Games Area Rejuvenation Maintenance
- Multi User Game Areas Specification, Design, Costs
- Multi User Games Area Surfacing, Construction
- Needlepunch MUGA Surfacing Upgrade in London
- Olympic Legacy Funding Funds Available for MUGA Multi Use Games Areas
- Polymeric MUGA in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Polymeric MUGA in Haringey, London
- Polymeric MUGA in Kennington, London
- Polymeric MUGA Pitch Installation in Crawley, West Sussex
- Polymeric MUGA Pitch Resurfacing in Birmingham, West Midlands
- Porous Polymeric Surfaced MUGA
- Pressure Cleaning Tennis Courts MUGA Surfaces
- Proactive Maintenance for Multi Use Games Areas
- Promoting Teamwork With Multi Use Games Areas
- Reactive Maintenance to MUGA Pitch Surfacing
- Recolouring Moisture Cure Anti Slip Paint & Line Marking to Sport MUGAs
- Recreational Basketball MUGA Sports Pitch
- Recreational Mini Tennis MUGA Sports Pitch
- Residential MUGA Tennis Courts Painting Specialists
- Residential Tennis Court MUGA Colour Spraying
- Revitalise MUGA Sports Court All Weather Pitch With Rejuvenation
- Roll Form Welded Mesh Fences for Multi Use Games Areas
- Sand Filled MUGA Surfacing
- School All Weather MUGA Pitches
- Size of 5 a Side Court MUGA
- Size of Netball Court Sports MUGAs
- Small Sided Football Dual Use Games Area
- Soft Services MUGA Sports Pitch Surfacing
- Soft Services Multi Use Games Areas Surfacing
- STP, ATP, MUGA 4G All Weather Pitches
- Tips Applying Polyurethane Painted Surface to Polymeric Multi Use Games Area
- Tips Applying Polyurethane Painted Surfaces to Macadam MUGA Surfacing
- Twin Bar Rebound Weldmesh Ball Stop MUGA Fencing
- Type 2 MUGA Open Textured Porous Macadam Polyurethane Painting Finish
- Type 3 Polymeric Surfacing MUGA
- Upgrade Convert Rundown Tennis Court MUGA
- What Is a MUGA?
Let us know your thoughts on this blog and if you’ve ever used a particular type of synthetic MUGA surfacing!