We can provide information on a range of MUGA construction specifications and costs to suit every project. Multi use games areas are versatile facilities which enable you to play a number of different sports, but with the need for only one surface or court. These surfaces are great for organisations such as schools or colleges where it is important to have a range of sports available, but you may not have a great deal of space to install individual facilities for each sport. Different designs can be installed to offer a range of performance qualities for every activity you want to play.
Please contact our team today if you are interested in the prices for building a MUGA facility at your school or club. We have a range of different options available so feel free to let us know exactly what you need. Just fill in your details using the contact box on this page and we’ll respond as soon as possible with some more information.
Specifications For MUGA Construction
MUGA construction can come in a multitude of different specifications and dimensions to suit your organisation, every facility is built to meet the required accreditations of the relevant governing bodies including the FA and SAPCA, here are a few examples we can offer:
- Polymeric Surfacing – This is made from a rubberised material which is great for sports like tennis and basketball as it has good ball bounce and slip resistance qualities to ensure good performance and safety characteristics. Polymeric surfacing is ideal for schools as its porosity means water drains through it which prevents flooding and allows the facility to be used in all weather conditions.
- Macadam – This is a very popular MUGA material because it is durable and hard wearing, an ideal surface for netball. Macadam MUGAs also have a porous surface to allow for good water drainage. A coating of coloured anti slip paint can be applied to a tarmac court in order to create a bright design and enhance the playing qualities.
- Artificial Grass – 2G and 3G turf surfaces are great for playing activities like football and hockey, these synthetic grass facilities can be constructed to a range of specifications including sand filled surfaces and all weather pitches.
- Multisport Synthetic Turf – An extremely versatile sports surface which can be used for almost any type of activity. The durable fibre bonded carpet is suitable for use with football, basketball, tennis, netball and other games and activities. With this specification, the design features curly yarn fibres as well as a sand infill to create a strong and sturdy playing surface.
Equipment and Extras For MUGAs
As an experienced sport surfacing contractor, we can install a range of extra equipment as well as provide you with services to help you get the most out of your multi use games area. These can also be included within the MUGA construction specifications and costs when designing the project. Some of the additional products we can supply include:
- Fencing – Rebound and ball stop fencing to add security and prevent a loss of balls or other equipment, this can be tailored to suit the specification of each individual facility.
- Floodlighting – This enables you to use your artificial sport surface during non daylight hours and at all times of the year, potentially increasing revenue for your organisation.
- Paint Coatings – We can apply a number of different sports surface coatings including acrylic anti slip paint, polyurethane colour coats and game line markings.
Costs of MUGA Construction
The prices and costs involved with installing a multi use games area can vary greatly depending on many variables. These could include the dimensions of the facility you’re looking for, the specification of the surfacing, the location of your organisation and a number of other factors. For more details on MUGA construction specifications and costs, please fill in our contact form and we will get back to you with a quote for your sport surfacing project. We can also help you with finance through funding grants for sports surfaces and play area facilities, visit the funding grants website to search for grants which you may be eligible for.
Take a look at this case study video which shows the whole process of building a polymeric court in Manchester. The worked included full groundworks preparation and laying a macadam base to create a strong and stable foundation. Our team then installed the polymeric rubber surface, and finally a coloured anti slip coating was applied along with multi sport line markings. This project also included specialist weld mesh fencing around the perimeter of the area.
If you require any further information MUGA construction specifications and costs, or to see examples of our previous work, please visit https://www.softsurfaces.co.uk/. You can find case studies of some of our completed projects including full sized football pitches and wetpour playground surfaces.
If you’d like to see some pictures of multi use games area construction, please go to the Soft Surfaces Pinterest page where you can look at examples of our previous sport surfacing work.
Don’t forget to share this article and leave a comment if you found it useful!