5-a-Side Football Pitch 3g Artificial Grass Surfacing in Liverpool
One of our recent projects was the installation of a 5-a-side football pitch at a football and tennis sports centre in Liverpool. The existing area was a tennis court facility inside an outdoor sports structure, however the sand filled synthetic grass tennis court surface had become worn out and the carpet was starting to rip.
This meant that the surface was potentially dangerous and could not be used to its full potential so the sports centre decided to upgrade the court and transform it into a brand new 5-a-side football pitch facility.
5-a-side Football Pitch Construction
Many clubs choose to have a 5-a-side football pitch or full sized sports pitch installed to replace natural grass surfaces which can be difficult to manage and become waterlogged in wet weather. The advantages of 3G synthetic turf are that they require much less maintenance than real grass and they can be played on throughout the year during all weather conditions (excluding snow).
Professional football clubs often use 3G pitches for training and lower league teams even resurface their main pitch in 3G grass to save money on maintenance and generate extra income by renting the facility out to others. Some leisure centres and clubs install 3G surfacing to upgrade an existing 2G facility which has become worn out, just like this project.
The first stage of work was to remove the existing sand filled tennis court carpet which had become damaged and ripped over time through heavy use. Once the worn out artificial grass surfacing had been ripped up, the macadam sub base underneath was still suitable for use with the new layer of surfacing. An engineered macadam sub base is preferred for sports pitch installations because it creates a smooth and even foundations which are extremely durable and long lasting.
The next step was to install the new 3G 5-a-side football pitch flooring onto the macadam sub base. This was done by rolling out the 3G grass carpet in separate pieces and then joining the pieces together with a specialised glue at the seams and the edges to secure it in place.
Inlaid football line markings were then applied in white to create a professional finish and accurate scoring for matches. The final part of the 5-a-side football pitch construction was to put sand and rubber infill within the grass fibres, this helps to keep the fake grass pile upright and improves the playing qualities for a good sporting experience.
Completed 3G Football Surface
The final result of this 5-a-side football pitch construction was a brand new top quality synthetic sports surface in the best technology of artificial turf. The 3G football pitch can be used all year round and even gives the sports centre the opportunity to rent it out to gain some extra revenue.
We are specialists in installing synthetic sports surfaces such as 3G pitches and multi use games areas for schools, clubs and public sports facilities in the UK. You can find out more about the products and services we specialise in by looking at our website at https://www.softsurfaces.co.uk/. If you’re in need of a quote for a project similar to this one or for another sports surface installation, get in touch with us.
We can give you professional advice in regards to costs and specifications for the sports pitch surfacing and any extra features you might need. Send us over the area size, post code and a rough idea of the works you’re looking to carry out and we’ll give you a price estimate for the project.
- 3g 5-a-Side Football Pitch Installation in Hampshire
- 3g Artificial Pitch Surfacing in Whitehall, London
- 3g Artificial Sports Pitch Construction in Woking, Surrey
- 3g Artificial Sports Pitch Resurfacing Contractors
- 3g Football Pitch Resurfacing in Cheltenham Gloucestershire
- 3g Football Pitch Resurfacing in Hackney, London
- 3g Grass Installation in Bournemouth, Dorset
- 3g Grass Pitch Installation in Bradford, Yorkshire
- 3g Pitch Construction in Birmingham, West Midlands
- 3G Sports Pitch Construction
- 3g, 4g, 5g, 6g Artificial Synthetic Grass Pitches Explanation
- 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th Generation Sports Pitches – Difference in Specification
- 4 Reasons Why Schools Have Artificial Grass
- 40mm Depth Longer Piled Synthetic Pitch Surfacing
- 4g Grass Football Pitch Sports Surfacing Synthetic Turf Carpet
- 4th Generation Synthetic Sport Surfacing
- 5 a Side Football Long Pile Synthetic Turf Pitches
- 5 Reasons Why Your Artificial Grass May Have Melted
- 5-a-Side Football Pitch 3g Artificial Grass Surfacing in Liverpool
- 5-a-Side Football Pitch Construction With 3g Artificial Turf
- 7 a Side Football Pitch in 3g Artificial Sports Surface
- 7 a Side Soccer Long Pile Synthetic Grass Pitches
- Agp, Stp, Atp Long Pile Artificial Grass Pitches
- Artificial Football Surfaces Set to Return to English Football
- Artificial Grass Enquiry Process
- Artificial Grass Football 3G Pitch Costs
- Artificial Grass Installation in Swarkestone, Derby
- Artificial Grass Nationwide
- Artificial Grass Nursery Play Area Flooring
- Artificial Grass Pitch Construction in Liverpool, Merseyside
- Artificial Grass vs Natural Garden Lawns
- Artificial Grass With Rubber Shockpad Installation in London
- Artificial Pitch Framework Contractors
- How Is Artificial Grass Installed?
- Leisure Grass Installation
- Leisure Grass Surfacing
- Outdoor Artificial Grass Installation in Manchester
- Playground Grass Mats Safer Flooring
- Synthetic Grass Surfacing Options
- What Is Artificial Grass?
- Why Choose Artificial Grass for Your Garden?
Don’t forget to leave a comment in the box below if you’ve got a question and feel free to share this article with your friends if you enjoyed it!