Synthetic Grass Surfacing Options
When you choose to install a brand new artificial sports pitch for your school, college, club or leisure centre, it’s important that you explore all the options to ensure you get the best synthetic grass surfacing for the activities you want to play. There are a number of different specifications that we can offer to suit many sports including football, tennis, hockey and rugby. If you have any specific sports that you’d like to use the facility for, or if you want it to be suitable for all activities, we can help.
Take a look at some of the different sport surfacing specifications we install:
3G Synthetic Grass Surfacing
The 3G artificial grass specification is the most advanced synthetic turf sport surfacing option and is commonly used for football and rugby pitches. A rubber infill layer is installed into a 3G synthetic pitch to give natural playing characteristics. This then helps to protect players’ joints and muscles from injuries during sport. The rubber granules are applied within the fibres of the pitch along with an application of silica. This is designed to create a stable and comfortable playing surface for training and competitive matches. Many schools and clubs throughout the UK choose to have this type of artificial turf flooring installed. This is often done to replace damaged and worn out natural grass pitches which may be unsafe and unsuitable for use.
2G Sand Filled Turf
The sand filled synthetic grass surfacing specification is a versatile surface type which can be used for multi sports such as football and hockey. This all weather pitch system has a layer of silica sand applied within the artificial turf fibres of the pitch surface. The infill helps to keep the fibres upright and promotes good playing characteristics. Sand filled artificial turf is a durable and long lasting pitch material. This is why it is very popular with schools and leisure centres where sports facilities have to withstand a lot of heavy use.
2G Sand Dressed Surfacing
The 2G sand dressed specification is very similar to the other 2G system as it has a layer of infill installed within the turf fibres. However there is only a thin layer of sand as these artificial pitch carpets tend to have a shorter pile height. These qualities make sand dressed sports pitches perfect for playing hockey. The short pile height allows the ball to glide smoothly across the surface and the turf fibres are kept stable.
Multisport Needlepunch Surface
The Multisport needlepunch sports pitch material is a durable and hard wearing surface option which is similar to the Playrite Matchplay 2 system. The curly yarn fibres make the needlepunch synthetic specification an ideal choice for multi use games areas and athletics track facilities. This fibre bonded synthetic grass surfacing is commonly installed at primary schools in the UK as it comes in a range of bright colours. It also provides a soft impact absorbing sport surface to prevent injuries. It can also be designed with different coloured squares and sections so the a number of activities can be done at the same time.
Alternatives to Artificial Grass Pitches
If you’re thinking of installing a multi use games area, but you don’t think a grass pitch would be right for the sports you want to play, there are some alternatives which provide great playing characteristics for activities like tennis, netball and basketball. Polymeric rubber and macadam court surfaces are very common in the UK as they are suitable for use in all weather conditions and provide excellent ball bounce capabilities for a number of different sports. Polymeric and macadam surfaces can have anti slip paint coatings and line markings applied in contrasting colours to distinguish between the sports you choose to play.
- 3g 5-a-Side Football Pitch Installation in Hampshire
- 3G Artificial Grass Construction in Liverpool
- 3g Artificial Pitch Surfacing in Whitehall, London
- 3g Artificial Sports Pitch Construction in Woking, Surrey
- 3g Artificial Sports Pitch Resurfacing Contractors
- 3G Artificial Sports Pitch Resurfacing in Woking, Surrey
- 3g Football Pitch Resurfacing in Cheltenham Gloucestershire
- 3g Football Pitch Resurfacing in Hackney, London
- 3g Grass Installation in Bournemouth, Dorset
- 3g Grass Pitch Installation in Bradford, Yorkshire
- 3g Pitch Construction in Birmingham, West Midlands
- 3G Sports Pitch Construction
- 3g, 4g, 5g, 6g Artificial Synthetic Grass Pitches Explanation
- 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th Generation Sports Pitches – Difference in Specification
- 4 Reasons Why Schools Have Artificial Grass
- 40mm Depth Longer Piled Synthetic Pitch Surfacing
- 4g Grass Football Pitch Sports Surfacing Synthetic Turf Carpet
- 4th Generation Synthetic Sport Surfacing
- 5 a Side Football Long Pile Synthetic Turf Pitches
- 5 Reasons Why Your Artificial Grass May Have Melted
- 5-a-Side Football Pitch 3g Artificial Grass Surfacing in Liverpool
- 5-a-Side Football Pitch Construction With 3g Artificial Turf
- 7 a Side Football Pitch in 3g Artificial Sports Surface
- 7 a Side Soccer Long Pile Synthetic Grass Pitches
- Agp, Stp, Atp Long Pile Artificial Grass Pitches
- Artificial Football Surfaces Set to Return to English Football
- Artificial Grass and Rubber Mulch Surfacing in Derby, Derbyshire
- Artificial Grass and Wetpour Pathway Installation at a School in Birmingham
- Artificial Grass and Wetpour Roadway Construction in Liverpool
- Artificial Grass Enquiry Process
- Artificial Grass Football 3G Pitch Costs
- Artificial Grass Installation in Swarkestone, Derby
- Artificial Grass Nationwide
- Artificial Grass Nursery Play Area Flooring
- Artificial Grass Pitch Construction in Liverpool, Merseyside
- Artificial Grass vs Natural Garden Lawns
- Artificial Grass with Rubber Shock Pad Installation at St Ann's Hospital, London
- Artificial Grass With Rubber Shockpad Installation in London
- Artificial Pitch Framework Contractors
- Black Wetpour & Artificial Turf Construction at a Nursery in Harlow, Essex
- How Is Artificial Grass Installed?
- Leisure Grass Installation
- Leisure Grass Surfacing
- Outdoor Artificial Grass Installation in Manchester
- Outdoor Artificial Grass Installation in Manchester
- Playground Grass Mats Safer Flooring
- Rubber Playground and Artificial Grass Surfacing in Middlesborough, Yorkshire
- Rubber Playground Flooring With Artificial Grass in Worthing, West Sussex
- Synthetic Grass Surfacing Options
- Wet Pour Surfacing and Synthetic Turf Construction in Worthing, Sussex
- What Is Artificial Grass?
- Why Choose Artificial Grass for Your Garden?
We install a wide variety of different sport surfacing options at various locations in the UK and we would be happy to discuss your enquiry with you. Please fill in the contact form on this page with as much detail as possible and we’ll get back to you with some information about pricing and quotes for your project. If you’d like to find out more about the synthetic grass surfacing options and services we provide, please take a look at our website at https://www.softsurfaces.co.uk/ where you can see details of surfaces, specifications and maintenance. Get in touch with us to discuss the costs for these different products and we’ll provide you with a quote as soon as possible.
If you found this post useful, please share it with your friends and if you have any questions don’t hesitate to leave us a comment below!