Chorley Resin Bound Gravel Driveway Case Study
At Soft Surfaces, we’re a specialist installer on resin bound gravel flooring in Chorley and are able to fit this surface nationwide.
In addition to installations, our team can offer resin bound gravel repair services for existing resin bound gravel surfaces within this location, so if you currently have a resin bound gravel surface that needs either resurfacing or rejuvenating, feel free to contact us.
For this particular blog post, we show off one of our resin bound gravel driveway installations that we carried out in Chorley.
Below you can see the specific information for this install, as well as the video transcript describing the job in detail.
As always, if you are interested in any of our resin bound gravel services we offer throughout Chorley and nationwide, feel free to get in touch with us for a free, no obligation quote today.
We recently carried out a project involving the installation of a resin-bound stone driveway at a residential property in Chorley. The existing surface was tarmac and the client wanted a more decorative design for the driveway and path leading up to their home. Resin-bound gravel is a great option as it is fully porous and comes in a variety of colours and designs.
Preparing the Area
Before laying the surfacing itself, our team had to prepare the existing macadam area. They did this by ensuring that the ground was completely clear of dirt and leaves. Then they fitted edgings around the perimeter of the drive and path for the surface to be laid up to.
Once this stage was complete, the team were ready to begin the installation of the paving in the desired area. As macadam provides an ideal base for the stone paving, we did not need to carry out any groundworks or install a sub-base. Visit our tarmacadam page to see how this surface can be used alone for outdoor areas.
Installing the Resin Bound Stone
This particular specification is made up of stones mixed with resin, and we’ll create this mixture on site. When the stone aggregate and resin were combined in the mixer, our installers poured the mixture out onto the surface one small space at a time. They then hand-trowelled it to ensure the correct depth and a smooth finish. This process was repeated across the entire area until it was completely covered.
After that, the flooring was left to cure and completely set before having any cars or foot traffic over it. The curing time is usually 24 hours, but waiting 48 hours is advised to ensure maximum stability. When the surface is cured, it is suitable for heavy footfall and use by cars and other vehicles. You’ll often find this specification in car parks, and at visitor attractions. Click here to see our pathways page and learn more.
Have a look at the video below to see the full project from start to finish:
When this project was completed, the client was very happy with the overall finish. View their reference here:
‘We found the whole experience to be overwhelmingly positive. The product is outstanding and the service was highly professional. Although I had some considerable doubts about the overall cost, I have come to the conclusion that it was worth every penny.’ – Brett Trevalyan
- Chorley Resin Bound Gravel Driveway – Case Study
- Commercial Resin Bound
- Commercial Resin Bound Gravel Project in Preston – Case Study
- Domestic Driveway Paving Ideas
- Resin Bonded Gravel Specification
- Resin Bonded or Resin Bound Gravel?
- Resin Bound Driveway Paving
- Resin Bound Gravel at Salford Royal Hospital, Greater Manchester
- Resin Bound Gravel Driveway Installation in Chorley, Lancashire
- Resin Bound Gravel Installation at Bradford Academy, West Yorkshire
- Resin Bound Gravel Installation at Cheshire Oaks
- Resin Bound Gravel Installation in Birmingham, West Midlands
- Resin Bound Gravel Installation in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Resin Bound Gravel Installation in Wigan, Lancashire
- Resin Bound Gravel Manhole Covers
- Resin Bound Gravel Pathway in Chelmsford, Essex
- Resin Bound Gravel Pathway in Stockport, Greater Manchester
- Resin Bound Gravel Pathway in Warrington, Cheshire
- Resin Bound Installation in Childwall, Liverpool
- Resin Bound Installation in Glasgow, Scotland
- Resin Bound Installation in Ludlow, Shropshire
- Resin Bound or Block Paving
- Resin Bound Rubber Crumb Sports Underlay Shockpad
- Resin Bound Stone Installation at Jaguar Land Rover, London
- Resin Bound Stone Installation at Liverpool FC
- Resin Bound Stone Installation in Festival Gardens, Liverpool
- Resin Bound Stone Installation in Greenwich, London
- Resin Bound Stone Installation in Manchester
- Resin Bound Stone Installation in Stamford Park, Tameside
- Resin Bound Stone Installation in Woking, Surrey
- Resin Bound Surfaces in County Durham
- Resin-Bound Surfaces in East Yorkshire
- Suds Permeable Resin Bound Stone Footpath Paving
Stone Driveway Specifications
We have completed many projects similar to this around the UK, both at domestic homes and commercial buildings. The porous qualities encourage water drainage rather than allowing puddles to form on the surface. It’s also available in a selection of different colours and can be installed around swimming pools and decorative trees. Some clients choose to have bonded gravel instead, see the difference between the two specifications here.
Get in touch with our team today to find out more about the costs of installing this type of surfacing. The prices can vary depending on location, area size and design. Let us know what you’re looking for and we’d be happy to provide a quote. We have plenty more domestic driveway ideas so feel free to check these out if you are interested in other options.
Benefits of Resin Bound Gravel Flooring in Chorley
Having a resin bond gravel surface installed in Chorley area has many benefits, these include the following:
Easy to Clean
Resin bound gravel flooring has a very easy and simple maintenance schedule, as long as you stay on top of proactive maintenance such as clearing dirt and debris from the surface, the surface will stay looking good all year round.
Resin bound gravel is an extremely durable surface, this means that you should be expecting to get many years from the surface itself. If you combine that with the very easy maintenance schedule you should expect to get over 10 years easily from this surface.
Having a resin bound gravel surface installed in the Chorley will massively increase the slip resistance of the surface, due to the materials used in resin bound gravel flooring. As a result of this, the surface is considerably safer than many of it’s rivals.
Resin Bound Gravel Surfacing Applications in Chorley
A lot of our clients are often interested in what types of surfacing resin bound gravel can actually be used for, and the truth is, it’s an extremely versatile flooring type.
To give some examples, here are some applications that resin bound gravel can be used for in this area:
- Resin Bound Gravel Driveways
- Resin Bound Gravel Pathways
- Resin Bound Gravel Patios
- Resin Bound Gravel Car Parks
and much more.
If there is a specific resin bound gravel surface you’re interested in having installed in the Chorley area, feel free to contact us today, and we will be more than happy to help
Why Choose Us?
At Soft Surfaces our team have over 25 years of experience installing resin bound gravel driveways in Chorley, as well as nationwide.
The team pride themselves on only using the highest quality materials for our works, and our hard working installers will work relentlessly to ensure your Chorley resin bound gravel driveway looks brilliant no matter the specification you desire.
Additionally our team can take care of the maintenance of your surface once installed too, making the process of caring for your new resin bound gravel driveway a breeze. Feel free to get in touch with us if this is something you would be interested in, and a member of our team will be in touch with you right away.
Other Areas near Chorley we Install Resin Bound Gravel Driveways
- Resin Bound Gravel Driveway Installation in Leyland
- Resin Bound Gravel Driveway Installation in Darwen
- Resin Bound Gravel Driveway Installation in Wigan
- Resin Bound Gravel Driveway Installation in Preston
- Resin Bound Gravel Driveway Installation in Blackburn
Contact us Today
If you would like a Resin Bound Gravel Driveway installed in Chorley, please make sure to speak to us using the contact form provided.
We can offer much more information on designs, colours and prices along with advice on preparation works and more.
Thank you for taking the time to look at our case study, and for any more questions, please get in touch today.