Commercial Resin Bound Gravel Project in Preston Case Study
At Soft Surfaces, we’re a specialist installer on resin bound gravel surfacing in Preston, Lancashire and are able to fit this surface nationwide.
In addition to installations, our team can offer resin bound gravel repair services for existing resin bound gravel surfaces within this location, so if you have currently got a resin bound gravel surfacing that needs either rejuvenating or resurfacing, feel free to contact us.
For this particular blog post, we show off one of our resin bound gravel installations that we carried out in Preston, Lancashire.
Below you can see the specific information for this install, as well as the video transcript describing the job in detail.
As always, if you are interested in any of our resin bound gravel services we offer throughout Preston or the entire Lancashire area, feel free to get in touch with us for a free, no obligation quote today.
Commercial Resin Bound Gravel Surfacing Case Study
This week, our team visited Preston to complete an installation of resin bound gravel for Jaguar Land Rover. They were looking to have the surfacing installed to create a walkway around the perimeter of their car showroom.
The paving specification creates a decorative and porous finish which aids drainage and helps to prevent flooding. It’s popular for domestic driveways and commercial projects like this one. You will often find it in parks, visitor centres, outdoor attractions and many other places.
Installing the Paving
We began by mixing the chosen coloured stone with resin on-site in our mixer. The client decided to have the beige colour as they felt it would suit the design they wanted. This is a popular colour of stone which we have installed on many previous projects. It’s commonly chosen for decorative outdoor pathways and domestic drives.
Once the mixture was fully combined, we began laying it out onto the desired area around the outside of the showroom. The surfacing was laid onto a prepared sub-base, ensuring a smooth and even finish. Our installers poured the stones and resin onto the base and hand trowelled it to achieve the correct depth. They worked through the whole area a small bit at a time until the whole walkway as covered.
After this part of the process is complete, the flooring needs to be left to cure and set properly. We would advise waiting 24 hours before walking or driving vehicles over this type of surface. We also offer this product for domestic driveways, visit this post to find more driveway ideas.
Finished Commercial Resin Bound Stone
The end result at JLR in Preston was an attractive and functional walkway which the client was very happy with. See a video of the work being completed here:
They also left a reference detailing their thoughts on the project as a whole:
‘Just writing to say what a marvellous job your operative did laying the resin-bound paving at JLR Preston.
- Chorley Resin Bound Gravel Driveway – Case Study
- Commercial Resin Bound
- Commercial Resin Bound Gravel Project in Preston – Case Study
- Domestic Driveway Paving Ideas
- Resin Bonded Gravel Specification
- Resin Bonded or Resin Bound Gravel?
- Resin Bound Driveway Paving
- Resin Bound Gravel at Salford Royal Hospital, Greater Manchester
- Resin Bound Gravel Driveway Installation in Chorley, Lancashire
- Resin Bound Gravel Installation at Bradford Academy, West Yorkshire
- Resin Bound Gravel Installation at Cheshire Oaks
- Resin Bound Gravel Installation in Birmingham, West Midlands
- Resin Bound Gravel Installation in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Resin Bound Gravel Installation in Wigan, Lancashire
- Resin Bound Gravel Manhole Covers
- Resin Bound Gravel Pathway in Chelmsford, Essex
- Resin Bound Gravel Pathway in Stockport, Greater Manchester
- Resin Bound Gravel Pathway in Warrington, Cheshire
- Resin Bound Installation in Childwall, Liverpool
- Resin Bound Installation in Glasgow, Scotland
- Resin Bound Installation in Ludlow, Shropshire
- Resin Bound or Block Paving
- Resin Bound Rubber Crumb Sports Underlay Shockpad
- Resin Bound Stone Installation at Jaguar Land Rover, London
- Resin Bound Stone Installation at Liverpool FC
- Resin Bound Stone Installation in Festival Gardens, Liverpool
- Resin Bound Stone Installation in Greenwich, London
- Resin Bound Stone Installation in Manchester
- Resin Bound Stone Installation in Stamford Park, Tameside
- Resin Bound Stone Installation in Woking, Surrey
- Resin Bound Surfaces in County Durham
- Resin-Bound Surfaces in East Yorkshire
- Suds Permeable Resin Bound Stone Footpath Paving
We hadn’t used this product before so were a bit nervous about ensuring it met the exacting standard that we knew JLR would require.
We shouldn’t have worried as the final result was perfect.
On our next JLR we wouldn’t hesitate to contact you again.’ – Nick Bell
We have carried out many installations of commercial resin-bound gravel throughout the UK at various locations. Take a look at another recent resin gravel case study in Chorley to see a domestic driveway project we completed.
If you are interested in these products and would like to find out more, please contact us today. Our experts would be happy to discuss the prices and designs with you if you are looking to have an outdoor surface installed.
Resin Bound Gravel Surfacing Applications in Preston
A lot of our clients are often interested in what types of surfacing resin bound gravel can actually be used for, and the truth is, it’s an extremely versatile surfacing type.
To give some examples, here are some applications that resin bound gravel can be used for in this area:
- Resin Bound Gravel Driveways Preston
- Resin Bound Gravel Pathways Preston
- Resin Bound Gravel Balconies Preston
and much more.
If there’s a specific resin bound gravel surface you are interested in having installed in the Lancashire area, feel free to contact us today, and we will be more than happy to help.
Why Choose Us?
At Soft Surfaces our team have over 25 years of experience installing resin bound gravel surfacing in Preston, as well as across Lancashire in general.
The team pride themselves on only using the highest quality materials for our works, and our hard working installers will work relentlessly to ensure your Preston resin bound gravel surface look brilliant no matter the specification you desire.
Additionally, our team can take care of the maintenance of your surface post installation too, making the process of caring for your new resin bound gravel surface a breeze. Feel free to get in touch with us if this is something you would be interested in, and a member of our team will get back to you right away.
Other Lancashire Areas we Install Resin Bound Gravel
At Soft Surfaces, we’re able to install resin bound gravel surfacing throughout the Lancashire area, including the following areas:
- Resin Bound Gravel Installations in Blackpool
- Resin Bound Gravel Installations in Blackburn
- Resin Bound Gravel Installations in Burnley
- Resin Bound Gravel Installations in Bamber Bridge
- Resin Bound Gravel Installations in Lytham St Anne’s
and any other surrounding area.
Contact us Today
If you would like resin bound gravel installed in Preston, please make sure to speak to us using the contact form provided.
We can offer information on designs, colours and prices along with advice on preparation works and more.
Thank you for taking the time to look at our case study, and for any more questions, please get in touch today.