Resin Bound Stone Installation at Liverpool FC
In July 2017, our team completed an installation of porous resin bound surfacing at Liverpool Football Club’s Anfield ground. The work was done in the area surrounding the club’s retail store which features exclusive products and a café.
There is a large pedestrian space at the front of the store and around the perimeter. The club needed a strong, long-lasting and porous paving type to cover the area. Resin-bound gravel offers all of these qualities and it’s also low maintenance so it seemed the perfect choice for this project.
Resin Bound Gravel Products
Our installers laid around 4000m2 of the Addagrip Terrabound surface in a number of colours to create an attractive design. The colours were also chosen to match the same type of paving which had been installed to the main stand at Liverpool FC in 2016.
The client chose to have a blend of 6mm Rhine Gold and 6mm Tuscan Pebble in some areas, along with 6mm Lucerne Silver in others. This created a contrasting colour design to guide fans around the area on match days.
As well as the large pedestrian space, there were also a number of newly planted trees that required perimeter surfacing. To complete this, our team laid 244m2 of tree pits using the Addastone TP in Silver Grey aggregate at a depth of 75mm. We also backfilled the tree collars with loose aggregate to allow for further growth.
Porous Paving Designs
It’s becoming increasingly common to install porous paving at various locations in the UK. This is a popular flooring type for domestic driveways, outdoor path surfaces and large public spaces. It offers an attractive design along with permeable qualities which improve drainage. In fact, if you are planning on extending your driveway, it’s now law that you must install porous paving to the new area.
There are several advantages to having permeable stone surfacing in outdoor spaces. Some of these include:
- Water passes through easily into the ground to prevent flooding
- Durable and robust to withstand heavy regular use
- Suitable for pedestrians, traffic, wheelchairs and pushchairs
- Low maintenance requirements so easy to look after
- Decorative design with plenty of colour options
These are some of the main reasons why Liverpool FC chose this specification for the Anfield ground. You can see more details of the project here and find more details of how the installation process took place.
The full work was completed prior to the grand opening of the store as well as the team’s first home game in August 2017. The club also carried out a pitch renovation in 2017 which you can see more about at their site if you are interested in this work too.
- Chorley Resin Bound Gravel Driveway – Case Study
- Commercial Resin Bound
- Commercial Resin Bound Gravel Project in Preston – Case Study
- Domestic Driveway Paving Ideas
- Resin Bonded Gravel Specification
- Resin Bonded or Resin Bound Gravel?
- Resin Bound Driveway Paving
- Resin Bound Gravel / Stone Mixing & Application Guide
- Resin Bound Gravel at Salford Royal Hospital, Greater Manchester
- Resin Bound Gravel Driveway Installation in Chorley, Lancashire
- Resin Bound Gravel Installation at Bradford Academy, West Yorkshire
- Resin Bound Gravel Installation at Cheshire Oaks
- Resin Bound Gravel Installation in Birmingham, West Midlands
- Resin Bound Gravel Installation in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Resin Bound Gravel Installation in Wigan, Lancashire
- Resin Bound Gravel Manhole Covers
- Resin Bound Gravel Pathway in Chelmsford, Essex
- Resin Bound Gravel Pathway in Stockport, Greater Manchester
- Resin Bound Gravel Pathway in Warrington, Cheshire
- Resin Bound Installation in Childwall, Liverpool
- Resin Bound Installation in Glasgow, Scotland
- Resin Bound Installation in Ludlow, Shropshire
- Resin Bound Installers
- Resin Bound or Block Paving
- Resin Bound Rubber Crumb Sports Underlay Shockpad
- Resin Bound Rubber Mulch
- Resin Bound Stone Installation at Jaguar Land Rover, London
- Resin Bound Stone Installation at Liverpool FC
- Resin Bound Stone Installation in Festival Gardens, Liverpool
- Resin Bound Stone Installation in Greenwich, London
- Resin Bound Stone Installation in Manchester
- Resin Bound Stone Installation in Stamford Park, Tameside
- Resin Bound Stone Installation in Woking, Surrey
- Suds Permeable Resin Bound Stone Footpath Paving
- What Is Resin Bound Gravel?
Get in Touch
If you would like to find out more about the resin bound stone installation at Liverpool FC, or similar work our team have carried out, please feel free to contact us. We’d be happy to send over more case studies or provide a quote for any surfacing you are looking to install.
Simply use the contact form on this page to let us know what you’re looking for, and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.