Resin Bound Gravel Manhole Covers
Stone paving is a popular surface type for domestic driveways because it is decorative, provides porous SuDS compliant properties, and is durable for use with cars and other vehicles. When creating a design and quote for this type of outdoor flooring, there are many factors that we need to take into account. Something which can often be overlooked during this process is the installation of specialist resin bound gravel manhole covers. We need to make sure that things like this are considered when offering a price for the work so it’s important that we are aware of anything that could affect the installation. Please contact our team if you are unsure about what information needs to be supplied in order for us to supply a quote for any surfacing work.
Drainage manholes can be found in housing areas as they provide access to underground piping systems which is vital if there is ever a problem that needs to be looked at. The manholes will usually be present wherever the underground pipes change direction or connect with other systems. When installing stone paving for a driveway, we offer specialist resin bound gravel manhole covers which maintain a seamless and attractive appearance while still allowing access to the manhole. During the installation process for this type of surface, we need to lay the stone and resin mixture up to an edge so that it stays in place. If there is no edge present, we will lay a specially designed raised metal edging around the perimeter of the chosen area to the required depth. For access onto a driveway we will create a chase cut into the existing tarmac or concrete base and then grade down the resin bound stone surface to create a slight slope. This allows cars to easily drive onto the surface and also prevents a trip hazard.
Installing Stone Paving Manhole Cover
When installing a manhole cover for a resin bound gravel surface, we also need to put a metal edge around the manhole that matches the depth of the rest of the surface to ensure it is completely smooth and seamless. This will be done with a metal square or rectangle which is installed and secured with cement into a cut square around the edge of the manhole. Once this edging has been put into place, a removable metal tray at the same depth will be screwed into place on top of the first edging piece. This tray will then be filled with the same resin bound stone mixture as the rest of the surface. Once this is done and the stone paving has been installed to the rest of the driveway area, only the metal square around the edge of the manhole cover will be visible.
By using specialist resin bound gravel manhole covers for domestic driveways, we are able to maintain the decorative appearance throughout the whole area, while still allowing access to the manhole is maintenance work is needed. This process is also done for manhole covers in children’s wetpour playgrounds to ensure a smooth and continuous appearance across the whole surface.
- Chorley Resin Bound Gravel Driveway – Case Study
- Commercial Resin Bound
- Commercial Resin Bound Gravel Project in Preston – Case Study
- Domestic Driveway Paving Ideas
- Domestic Resin Bound
- Resin Bonded Gravel Specification
- Resin Bonded or Resin Bound Gravel?
- Resin Bound Driveway Paving
- Resin Bound Gravel / Stone Mixing & Application Guide
- Resin Bound Gravel at Salford Royal Hospital, Greater Manchester
- Resin Bound Gravel Driveway Installation in Chorley, Lancashire
- Resin Bound Gravel Enquiry Process
- Resin Bound Gravel Installation at Bradford Academy, West Yorkshire
- Resin Bound Gravel Installation at Cheshire Oaks
- Resin Bound Gravel Installation in Birmingham, West Midlands
- Resin Bound Gravel Installation in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Resin Bound Gravel Installation in Wigan, Lancashire
- Resin Bound Gravel Manhole Covers
- Resin Bound Gravel Pathway in Chelmsford, Essex
- Resin Bound Gravel Pathway in Stockport, Greater Manchester
- Resin Bound Gravel Pathway in Warrington, Cheshire
- Resin Bound Gravel/Stone Pre Installation Guide
- Resin Bound Installation in Childwall, Liverpool
- Resin Bound Installation in Glasgow, Scotland
- Resin Bound Installation in Ludlow, Shropshire
- Resin Bound Installers
- Resin Bound or Block Paving
- Resin Bound Rubber Crumb Sports Underlay Shockpad
- Resin Bound Rubber Mulch
- Resin Bound Rubberised Crumb 12 – 15mm Depth Shock Pad
- Resin Bound Stone Installation at Jaguar Land Rover, London
- Resin Bound Stone Installation at Liverpool FC
- Resin Bound Stone Installation in Festival Gardens, Liverpool
- Resin Bound Stone Installation in Greenwich, London
- Resin Bound Stone Installation in Manchester
- Resin Bound Stone Installation in Stamford Park, Tameside
- Resin Bound Stone Installation in Woking, Surrey
- Suds Permeable Resin Bound Stone Footpath Paving
- What Is Resin Bonded Gravel?
- What Is Resin Bound Gravel?
The resin bound stone specification provides many benefits for domestic driveways and public facilities as it can be designed to suit different colour preferences, is porous to allow fast water drainage, and can withstand regular use from cars and pedestrians. If you are thinking about having this type of paving installed, or you’d like to find out more about resin bound gravel manhole covers, please complete our contact form to get some more advice. We’ll send you some product sheets, talk through the costs and offer a bespoke quote for your project.