Safety Flooring Services
Safety flooring is a surface commonly used in play parks, school grounds and nurseries since it is an attractive and versatile material that features impact absorption to cushion the falls of children playing here. However, safety surfacing is also a popular choice of material in other public places and residential areas because of its low maintenance and appealing appearance.
For example, different colours and graphics could be incorporated into the design; some of our popular design choices are jungle animals, sea life scenes and roadway themes, although our team members are on hand to give advice and recommendations to suit your design needs. Our four most sought after safety surfaces are wet pour, rubber mulch, activity surfacing and leisure grass – all of which are durable and versatile designs and available in a range of colours.
Wet Pour Rubber Safety Flooring
Wet pour is a rubber safety flooring comprised of two layers: an SRB base layer (also known as a shock pad, which is adjusted according to the Critical Fall Heights of any play equipment within the area), and an EPDM wearing course layer on which it’s possible to feature different designs and colours. As specialist wet pour rubber suppliers, we can provide a variety of colours and designs of wet pour, with our most popular designs being a black EPDM layer with coloured graphics, hopscotch and number and letter grids.
Rubber Mulch Surfacing
Rubber mulch is ideal for use in muddy play areas or around timber activity trails due to its natural-looking appearance and ability to protect children from injury. It is a simple yet durable solution to natural grass in areas that become muddy or unsafe in wet conditions. We provide only high-quality rubber mulch that is made from bonded rubber bark surfaces from reused track tyres to resemble wooden bark. It is possible to install rubber mulch on most surfaces, and are often a cheaper option than other designs, yet is still available in a variety of colours.
Activity Surfacing Installation
Activity surfacing is a common installation in many schools in the UK so that the children can take part in a range of games in one space, which is an efficient feature of activity surfacing since it reduces the space required for different activities, which is often limited. Rubber inserts and graphics are implemented into the activity surfacing, which can be designed to fit educational requirements or inline with key lesson content, which is particularly useful as studies have demonstrated that children still learn whilst playing. During construction, the floor can either be laid straight away, or firstly have a shock pad laid down first to incorporate a safer, impact-absorbing surface. Once the surface has been installed, the games space can be customised by adding equipment like PS3 or PS4 enclosures and games panels to create a more interactive play area.
Leisure Grass Laying
Leisure grass can transform muddy or ineffective grass into a more attractive and durable area, either for domestic and commercial projects or public spaces. Soft Surfaces Ltd. offer a choice of natural colour options of the leisure grass, all of which are SuDS compliant with UV stability. This means that the grass does not become flooded or waterlogged as natural grass can, that the colour of the grass is resistant to colour fading. We can recommend the pile heights to meet your space and design needs, although 25mm is the most natural appearing length. Due to its practicality, leisure grass is a simple and convenient alternative to natural grass.
Why use Safety Flooring?
All types of safety flooring (wet pour, rubber mulch, activity surfacing and leisure grass) provide many benefits: they are low maintenance yet visually pleasing, and due to the versatile nature of safety flooring, can be adapted in terms of colour, design and material to suit your needs. A particular benefit of safety flooring is its appeal to children; the bright colours and design can encourage them to make use of the outdoor space and exercise, which is important for their physical health and well-being. A report conducted by the All Party Commission in 2013 called the ‘Generation Inactive’ found that only one half of seven-year-olds meet the recommended activity guidelines of sixty minutes per day, which contributes to the obesity epidemic and general overall poor fitness of today’s children, of which pose serious health risks such as suffering from diabetes, heart disease, cancer and depression.
Access to regular outdoor play facilities can reduce these risks since such facilities encourage children to exercise and spend time in the fresh air. The use of outdoor play facilities also has numerous physical social and cognitive benefits. Being able to access such spaces can improve the balance, coordination and strength of children, and also encourage children to socialise with peers of different ages, leading to the development of new social skills. The cognitive benefits of access to outdoor play facilities are a reduction in stress, increase in energy and concentration, which create a better learning environment within the classroom. Safety surfacing facilitates these benefits by creating a safe outdoor play facility, where the versatility of safety flooring means different designs could be tailored to fulfill different educational needs.
- Artificial Grass and Rubber Mulch Surfacing in Derby, Derbyshire
- Artificial Grass and Wetpour Pathway Installation at a School in Birmingham
- Artificial Grass and Wetpour Roadway Construction in Liverpool
- Artificial Grass with Rubber Shock Pad Installation at St Ann's Hospital, London
- Black Wetpour & Artificial Turf Construction at a Nursery in Harlow, Essex
- Black Wetpour Flooring Construction in Canterbury
- Black Wetpour Overlay at a Playground in Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
- Black Wetpour Play Area with 5% Green Fleck in Swansea, Wales
- Brown and Green Rubber Mulch Bench Surround in Birmingham
- Cleaning and Painting of a Tennis Surface in Manchester
- Coloured Play Safety Surfacing
- Coloured Wetpour Playground Design in Birmingham
- Colourful Play Area Surfacing in Sheffield
- Colourful Rubber Playground Flooring in Wakefield, West Yorkshire
- Colourful UK Playground Surfacing in Bedfordshire
- Day Care Playground Safety Flooring in Stoke, Staffordshire
- Educational Playground Surface Installation in Brighton, East Sussex
- EPDM Rubber Play Area Flooring in Luton, Bedfordshire
- EPDM Rubber Wetpour Flooring in Newcastle
- Green Playground Safety Flooring in Somerset, UK
- Green Rubber Tarmac Playground Surfacing in Ashbourne, Derbyshire Dales
- Green Wetpour Flooring with Graphics Install in Exeter
- Green Wetpour Play Area Surfacing in Southampton
- Large Wetpour Play Area Surface Installation in Stockport, Greater Manchester
- Muddy Wet Fitness Trim Trail Surfacing Options?
- Outdoor Safety Flooring Designs
- Rubber Mulch Safety Surface Designs
- Rubber Safety Surface Overlay
- Safe Play Area Surface
- Safer Pour Shock Attenuation Surface for Children’s Parks Flooring
- Safety Flooring Designs
- Safety Flooring Services
- Safety Surfaces For Playgrounds
- Safety Surfacing for Fitness Trim Trail Made From Timber
- Shock Attenuation Safer Pour Surfacing for Kids Play Area
- Soft Fall Impact Absorbing Playground Surface
- Spongy Playground Flooring Construction in Woking, Surrey
- Spongy Safer Pour Surfacing for Playgrounds
- Wet Pour Surfacing and Synthetic Turf Construction in Worthing, Sussex
- Wetpour Pathway Installation at a Retirement Home in Leicester
- Wetpour Swimming Pool Surround Install in London
All products provided by Soft Surfaces Ltd. are of high quality, and our team members are available to provide expert advice and design plans tailored to your design needs. Although all options are of low maintenance, some maintenance is required, such as sweeping of debris to allow prevent the porous surfaces from becoming blocked and unable to drain water. However, should you require assistance with this, maintenance packages are available from Soft Surfaces Ltd.