Synthetic Long Jump Athletics Track Construction in Peterborough
The synthetic long jump run up construction in Ortongate, Peterborough was carried at a school on their grass playing field. The school desired for the synthetic long jump athletics track surface to be in two different colours. This appears as a red and blue stripe design.
Installation of Long Jump Athletics Track
The installation of a stone sub-base and Multisport™ synthetic athletics surface can help reduce long-term costs by ultimately increasing the lifespan of the product whilst eliminating the need for a macadam sub base. Due to the long lasting life of the product, this means that the school will not need to regularly replace, resurface or refurbish their synthetic long jump athletic track.
This will help the school keep within their budget. The long jump athletics track will also act as an investment over time. The synthetic Multisport™ long jump athletics track can be installed on top of the sub base now that the ground is flat and level. As the client is a school, they required an aesthetically pleasing look as to help engage with the children. The vibrant design also helps to make sports and fitness seem more fun and appealing.
Please see video transcript below:
00:03 Hi there, this is Dan from Soft Surfaces here and today we’re going to be showing you a multisport synthetic long jump installation in the Ortongate, Peterborough area.
So the first thing we do here is we actually mark the area for the digging, so as you can see it’s quite a sizable area that we’re doing that on. Next up, the marked area is actually then dug up and a soft kerb edging is then installed. So you can see us installing the edging here to the area.
00:25 After that, the stone sub base and the sandpit is then installed shortly after, so you can see that coming into place now with these photos. And then after that the precast concrete, or the PCC edging, is then installed. So this is essentially the geotextile membrane installed underneath the surface, if you like. Finally the multisport synthetic turf is then actually applied, so you can see that on the photos here and it’s really starting to come into it’s own and come in to life, really, on the surface.
00:49 So now for the completed project. As you can see, this looks absolutely fantastic really. It gives the kids a massive area to be playing there, you know, long jump and high jump on. And not only that, it’s a very large area too. It’s 120 square meters this one, on a four lane long jump, so many kids can use this at the same time, really helping with their educational, recreational needs, really, at school. So thanks a lot for watching, guys, and I hope you enjoyed the video and I’ll see you guys later.
- Astro Turf Sports Pitch Contractors
- Athletics Landing Sand Pit Covers
- Athletics Surfacing Specification Options
- Athletics Track Maintenance
- Athletics Track Surfacing
- Benefits of Athletics for Schools
- Benefits of Trim Trails for Physical Development
- Costs to Build a Compact Athletics Facility
- Costs to Construct Triple Jump Athletics Facility
- Javelin Runway Distance, Length, Dimensions
- Long Jump Facility Installations in Essex
- Long Jump Pit Construction in Stockport, Manchester
- Long Jump Pit Installation in Edinburgh, Scotland
- Long Jump Run Up Construction Specialists
- Long Jump Runway
- Long Jump Runway and High Jump Fan Installation in Derby
- Long Jump Runway Construction in Somerset
- Long Jump Runway Installation in Chorley Lancashire
- Long Jump Runway Installation in Colchester Essex
- Long Jump Runway Installation in Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Long Jump Surface Construction Athletics Track Costs
- Long Jump Track With Sand Pit Construction in Slough, Berkshire
- Long/Triple Jump Runway Design
- Multi Lane Polymeric Long Jump Construction in St Albans
- Multi Lane Polymeric Long Jump Construction in St Albans, Hertfordshire
- Multisport Installation in Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
- Multisport Long Jump Construction in Buckinghamshire
- Multisport Long Jump Construction in Norwich
- MultiSport Long Jump Installation at a School in Essex
- MultiSport Long Jump Pit Installation in Coventry
- MultiSport Long Jump Pit Installation in Preston
- Multisport Long Jump Pit Installation in Preston, Lancashire
- Multisport Long Jump With Practice Lane in Leicester
- Multisport Long Jump with practice Lane Install in Leicester
- Multisport Runway Installation in Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
- Multisport Synthetic High Jump Installation in Berkshire
- Multisport Synthetic Long Jump in Wigan, Greater Manchester
- Multisport Synthetic Long Jump Installation in Oxford
- MultiSport Synthetic Surface Install in Oxford
- Pole Vault Runway Construction
- Polymeric Long Jump Essex
- Polymeric Long Jump Pit Construction in Glasgow
- Polymeric Long Jump Pit Construction in Leeds, West Yorkshire
- Polymeric Long Jump Pit Installation in Liverpool, Merseyside
- Polymeric Long Jump Runway in Birmingham, West Midlands
- Polymeric Surface Long Jump Installation in Cardiff, Wales
- Polymeric Surface Long Jump Runway in Kettering, Northamptonshire
- Rake for Maintaining Long Jump Sandpit
- Rubber Mulch Daily Mile Track at a School in Manchester
- Rubber Mulch Daily Mile Track Installation in Leeds
- School Athletics Track Designs
- Schools Recreational Long Jump Runway Length
- Synthetic Long Jump Athletics Track Construction in Peterborough
Find Out More
The surfacing that was chosen for the synthetic long jump was an alternative to the traditional athletic tracks. This would usually be a polymeric rubber specification. The installation process of the synthetic long jump athletics track took approx 1-2 weeks on site.
Now the school is happy to have an all-weather athletics facility for the children to practice on. It is suitable for use all year round in all weather conditions.
For further details on these long jump runway pits, sand pit covers or athletics surfacing specifications please visit our Long Jump Runway page where it highlights the various designs and option you have and if you fill the contact form in then we can provide costs, prices and quotes to meet your requirements.