Multi Use Long Jump Facility Installation in Essex
Multi Use Long Jump Facility Installation in Essex
We recently carried out another long jump facility installation project at a high school in Upminster, Essex. The school wanted to transform an existing grass area with the addition of a new state of the art long jump runway and sand pit.
Specification and Construction
The specification for the long jump facility included a full runway in needlepunch synthetic surfacing with a sand landing pit, as well as a small practise area at the side of the sand pit. Installing the long jump facility began with excavation of the existing grass field to the required depth and area size which was specified by the school, and then installing edges for the runway and sand pit. Rubber safety edgings were used to create an impact absorbing surface around the perimeter of the facility in order to prevent injury and keep the area safe for the students. A stone sub base made up of lots of angular porous stones was then installed to create a stable and even foundation for the athletics surfacing to be installed onto. Once the groundworks were prepared and the sub base was laid out, the next stage was to apply the surfacing itself.
The school opted for the needlepunch synthetic turf specification for their long jump runway, this surface type is made up of woven yarn fibres and has a layer of silica sand infill installed within the synthetic grass. Needlepunch is an extremely durable and long lasting surface specification which provides a softer alternative to polymeric rubber which is typically used for athletics tracks. This particular school decided to have the main long jump runway installed in red, and the small practise area installed in a red and blue stripe design. The synthetic turf was rolled out like a carpet onto the stone sub base and secured at the edges and multi use line markings were applied in white.
Needlepunch synthetic sports surfaces are very popular with schools as they are safe for young kids to use and they can be utilised for many different activities and sports. As well as long jump and athletics track facilities, the fibre bonded turf can also be installed for multi use games areas where sports like football and hockey are played. The versatility of this surface specification makes it a great investment for schools and clubs as it enables kids to get involved in a range of sports all in one place.
The final part of the installation process for this long jump facility project was to complete the landing pit by filling it with washed and dried silica sand. Having the sand landing pit installed creates a safe area for the students to complete their jumps, as well as making it easy to record distances for competitions. We also supplied a sand pit cover as part of the installation process, this helps to keep the sand free from any dirt or debris and ensures that the long jump facility remains safe for use by the school.
The Finished Long Jump Facility
Once the installation was complete, the final product was a state of the art long jump athletics facility complete with a top-quality sand pit and an extra practise area. The school are very pleased with their new long jump runway and are keen to get all the students involved in new athletics activities. Having the long jump runway surfacing installed in bright red and blue colours makes the facility even more appealing and fun for the kids.
The school spoke of how please they were with the final long jump runway and sand pit facility:
“As a school we take pride in providing the best possible facilities for our students. We are currently investing in several areas in order to further enhance our national sporting reputation. Soft Surfaces have installed an impressive double-lane long jump pit, with practise side run-ups, to enable us to deliver high-quality athletics lessons and training. It will certainly be put to good use in the summer and, no doubt, serve to improve the jumping standards of our students in the future.” – Mark Duncan, Assistant Headteacher at The Coopers’ Company and Coborn School
If you’re interested in installing a long jump facility like this one at your school or club, please don’t hesitate to fill in our contact form and we’ll be happy to discuss your project with you. We can also help schools to find funding for long jump runways to help cover the cost of the installation process. If you’d like any further information about this and the other products we install, please go to our website at https://www.softsurfaces.co.uk/ where you can see our whole range of services and case study examples of our work.
Have you ever used an athletics track with needlepunch surfacing? What did you think about it?
Let us know your views on this topic and don’t forget to ask if you have any questions about what we do!
Long Jump Runway Installation in Colchester Essex
What was the specification? : MultiSport synthetic turf
What colours were used? : Red
What was the size of the job? : 108m²
How long did the job take?: 3 days on site
Long Jump Runway Installation
Check out our case study video below to see our team installing a long jump runway in Colchester.
Hi guys it’s Dan here, and today i’m going to be showing you a Long Jump Runway Installation in Colchester, Essex.
So we got a call from the client explaining that they were interested in having a long jump facility built onto their school field. After a brief conversation breaking down what we could do for them, they booked us in to install the facility.
Here at Soft Surfaces we’ve become long jump specialists over the last 20 years, installing and maintaining these sports facilities across the country. We’re proud to be market leaders in the field, and believe we install the best product in the sector.
The surface type we largely install for long jump and triple jump runways is polymeric rubber surfacing. This is well known as being the best choice for athletics surfacing, as both running and jumping on polymeric feels so great under foot.
Not only that, polymeric is also the go-to choice as it can be fitted in a huge range of colour choices, from more neutral finishes to the vibrant multi-coloured designs, this really is the client’s decision. We can run through the many options available to you during the enquiry stage.
Here at Soft Surfaces we don’t just build the runway either, we also offer a full installation of a long jump sand pit and sand pit cover as part of the complete works. Again, like the polymeric runway, the sand pit cover can also be specified in a huge range of colours to suit, too.
You can see from these photos now that this particular job has been completed, and looks really great with the red lanes and blue sand pit. The client was absolutely buzzing with the work we did for them.
As we eluded to earlier we are a nationwide company, however as we’ve worked a lot in the Essex area over the years we actually show up in Google for the following key phrases:
- Essex Long Jump Construction Company
- Triple Jump Flooring Specialists Colchester
- EPDM Rubber Surfacing in Essex
- Best Long Jump Builders Colchester
- Essex Rubber Long Jump Experts
- And much more.
Thanks for checking out this installation guys, and if you’d like to enquire today, please just visit our website at https://www.softsurfaces.co.uk or simply just us a call at 01625 445 760
- Astro Turf Sports Pitch Contractors
- Athletics Landing Sand Pit Covers
- Athletics Surfacing Specification Options
- Athletics Track Maintenance
- Athletics Track Surfacing
- Benefits of Athletics for Schools
- Benefits of Trim Trails for Physical Development
- Costs to Build a Compact Athletics Facility
- Costs to Construct Triple Jump Athletics Facility
- Javelin Runway Distance, Length, Dimensions
- Long Jump Facility Installations in Essex
- Long Jump Pit Construction in Stockport, Manchester
- Long Jump Pit Installation in Edinburgh, Scotland
- Long Jump Run Up Construction Specialists
- Long Jump Runway
- Long Jump Runway and High Jump Fan Installation in Derby
- Long Jump Runway Construction in Somerset
- Long Jump Runway Installation in Chorley Lancashire
- Long Jump Runway Installation in Colchester Essex
- Long Jump Runway Installation in Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Long Jump Surface Construction Athletics Track Costs
- Long Jump Track With Sand Pit Construction in Slough, Berkshire
- Long/Triple Jump Runway Design
- Multi Lane Polymeric Long Jump Construction in St Albans
- Multi Lane Polymeric Long Jump Construction in St Albans, Hertfordshire
- Multisport Installation in Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
- Multisport Long Jump Construction in Buckinghamshire
- Multisport Long Jump Construction in Norwich
- MultiSport Long Jump Installation at a School in Essex
- MultiSport Long Jump Pit Installation in Coventry
- MultiSport Long Jump Pit Installation in Preston
- Multisport Long Jump Pit Installation in Preston, Lancashire
- Multisport Long Jump With Practice Lane in Leicester
- Multisport Long Jump with practice Lane Install in Leicester
- Multisport Runway Installation in Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
- Multisport Synthetic High Jump Installation in Berkshire
- Multisport Synthetic Long Jump in Wigan, Greater Manchester
- Multisport Synthetic Long Jump Installation in Oxford
- MultiSport Synthetic Surface Install in Oxford
- Pole Vault Runway Construction
- Polymeric Long Jump Essex
- Polymeric Long Jump Pit Construction in Glasgow
- Polymeric Long Jump Pit Construction in Leeds, West Yorkshire
- Polymeric Long Jump Pit Installation in Liverpool, Merseyside
- Polymeric Long Jump Runway in Birmingham, West Midlands
- Polymeric Surface Long Jump Installation in Cardiff, Wales
- Polymeric Surface Long Jump Runway in Kettering, Northamptonshire
- Rake for Maintaining Long Jump Sandpit
- Rubber Mulch Daily Mile Track at a School in Manchester
- Rubber Mulch Daily Mile Track Installation in Leeds
- School Athletics Track Designs
- Schools Recreational Long Jump Runway Length
- Synthetic Long Jump Athletics Track Construction in Peterborough
Thanks a lot for watching, and we’ll see you guys later.