Long Jump Track With Sand Pit Construction
At Soft Surface, we’re a specialist installer on Long Jump Track With Sand Pit Construction in Slough, Berkshire and are able to fit this surface nationwide.
In addition to installations, our team can offer Long Jump Track With Sand Pit Construction repair services for existing Long Jump Track With Sand Pit Constructions within this location, so if you currently have a Long Jump Track With Sand Pit Construction that needs either resurfacing or rejuvenation, feel free to get in touch with us.
For this particular blog post, we show off one our Long Jump Track With Sand Pit Construction installations that we carried out in Slough, Berkshire.
Below you can see the specific information for this install, as well as the video transcript describing the job in detail.
As always, if you are interested in any of our Long Jump Track With Sand Pit Construction services we offer throughout Yetminster or the entire Dorset area, feel free to get in touch with us for a free, no obligation quote today.
A school in Slough, Berkshire recently approached us as they were looking to transform their existing field into a top of the range athletics facility with the addition of a long jump track and sand pit. Of course we were only too happy to undertake the project, here is our case study of how the installation process was carried out.
Foundations and Groundworks
The first stage of any long jump track installation is to excavate the existing ground, in this case it was an unused grass area. The ground is excavated to the specified dimensions of the long jump runway and the sand landing pit. Next comes the installation of timber edgings around the whole perimeter of the long jump track and sand pit, these wooden kerbs create an even edge for the stone sub base to be laid up to. The dynamic stone sub base is made up of lots of angular stones which all fit together to create a stable foundation for the long jump track surfacing to be laid onto. A geotextile membrane was also installed to the whole area to prevent the growth of weeds and contaminants through the surface of the long jump facility.
Long Jump Track Specification
This particular school chose to have needlepunch synthetic turf surfacing installed for their long jump track. Although it’s very different from the traditional polymeric EPDM rubber athletics track material, the needlepunch surfacing is becoming very popular at schools as it is softer and provides more impact absorption against trips and falls. This fibre bonded artificial material can be supplied in a number of bright colours and rainbow stripes, but the school chose to have their long jump facility runway installed in bright red with white line markings. The red track surfacing was laid out like a carpet onto the prepared stone sub base and infilled with a layer of silica sand to keep the turf fibres upright and stable.
Finally, the long jump sand pit was installed at the end of the runway, the landing pit is a very important part of any long jump or triple jump facility as it enables accurate jump scoring and provides a safe landing area for the athletes. We also included a specially designed sand pit cover to fit the exact dimensions of the landing pit area so that the sand is kept free from dirt and debris.
The End Result
The final athletics facility was a state of the art, top quality long jump and triple jump runway with sand landing pit and multi use line markings. The school are very happy with their new sports surface and the children now have the opportunity to take part in a fun new athletics event.
We have installed a huge number of these long jump athletics facilities at schools and clubs all over the UK and we would be happy to discuss your project with you. Our services include help with all aspects of the construction process, including long jump facility funding grants to help schools who may not have the budget to install a new sports facility. If you’d like to talk to us about an enquiry or a project you’re involved with, please use our contact form and fill in as many details as you can so one of our staff members can get back to you with some advice for quotes and specifications.
Please share this post if you found it helpful and don’t forget to leave a comment if you have any questions or queries about long jump runway specifications. You can visit our website at https://www.softsurfaces.co.uk/ to find out more about athletics facilities or any of the other products and services we have available.
Why Choose Us?
At Soft Surfaces our team have over 25 years of experience installing a Long Jump Track With Sand Pit Construction in Slough, as well as across Berkshire in general.
The team pride themselves on only using the highest quality materials for our works, and our hard working installers will work relentlessly to ensure your Slough Long Jump Track With Sand Pit Construction surface looks brilliant in whatever specification you desire.
Additionally, our team can take care of the maintenance of your surface once installed too, making the process of caring for your new surface a breeze. Feel free to get in touch with u if this is something you would be interested, and a member of our team will get back to you right away.
Other Berkshire Areas we Install Long Jump Track With Sand Pit Construction
At Soft Surfaces, we’re able to install Long Jump Track With Sand Pit Construction throughout the Berkshire area, including the following areas:
- Long Jump Track With Sand Pit Construction in Reading
- Long Jump Track With Sand Pit Construction in Bracknell
- Long Jump Track With Sand Pit Construction in Maidenhead
- Long Jump Track With Sand Pit Construction in Wokingham
and any other surrounding areas.
Contact us Today
If you would like a Long Jump Track With Sand Pit Construction installed in Slough, please make sure to speak to us using the contact form provided.
We can offer information on designs, colours and prices along with advice on preparation works and more.
Thank you for taking a look at our case study, and for any more questions, please get in touch today.
- Astro Turf Sports Pitch Contractors
- Athletics Landing Sand Pit Covers
- Athletics Surfacing Specification Options
- Athletics Track Maintenance
- Athletics Track Surfacing
- Benefits of Athletics for Schools
- Benefits of Trim Trails for Physical Development
- Costs to Build a Compact Athletics Facility
- Costs to Construct Triple Jump Athletics Facility
- Javelin Runway Distance, Length, Dimensions
- Long Jump Facility Installations in Essex
- Long Jump Pit Construction in Stockport, Manchester
- Long Jump Pit Installation in Edinburgh, Scotland
- Long Jump Run Up Construction Specialists
- Long Jump Runway
- Long Jump Runway and High Jump Fan Installation in Derby
- Long Jump Runway Construction in Somerset
- Long Jump Runway Installation in Chorley Lancashire
- Long Jump Runway Installation in Colchester Essex
- Long Jump Runway Installation in Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Long Jump Surface Construction Athletics Track Costs
- Long Jump Track With Sand Pit Construction in Slough, Berkshire
- Long/Triple Jump Runway Design
- Multi Lane Polymeric Long Jump Construction in St Albans
- Multi Lane Polymeric Long Jump Construction in St Albans, Hertfordshire
- Multisport Installation in Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
- Multisport Long Jump Construction in Buckinghamshire
- Multisport Long Jump Construction in Norwich
- MultiSport Long Jump Installation at a School in Essex
- MultiSport Long Jump Pit Installation in Coventry
- MultiSport Long Jump Pit Installation in Preston
- Multisport Long Jump Pit Installation in Preston, Lancashire
- Multisport Long Jump With Practice Lane in Leicester
- Multisport Long Jump with practice Lane Install in Leicester
- Multisport Runway Installation in Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
- Multisport Synthetic High Jump Installation in Berkshire
- Multisport Synthetic Long Jump in Wigan, Greater Manchester
- Multisport Synthetic Long Jump Installation in Oxford
- MultiSport Synthetic Surface Install in Oxford
- Pole Vault Runway Construction
- Polymeric Long Jump Essex
- Polymeric Long Jump Pit Construction in Glasgow
- Polymeric Long Jump Pit Construction in Leeds, West Yorkshire
- Polymeric Long Jump Pit Installation in Liverpool, Merseyside
- Polymeric Long Jump Runway in Birmingham, West Midlands
- Polymeric Surface Long Jump Installation in Cardiff, Wales
- Polymeric Surface Long Jump Runway in Kettering, Northamptonshire
- Rake for Maintaining Long Jump Sandpit
- Rubber Mulch Daily Mile Track at a School in Manchester
- Rubber Mulch Daily Mile Track Installation in Leeds
- School Athletics Track Designs
- Schools Recreational Long Jump Runway Length
- Synthetic Long Jump Athletics Track Construction in Peterborough