Long Jump Runway
Over the last few years, athletic sports and events have gained popularity due to Great Britain’s success at the London 2012 Olympic Games. As a result, there has never been a better time to consider an upgrade or new construction of athletics facilities, such as long jump runways, to help promote new athletes into sport. The construction of any of these needs to be carried out by a specialist contractor. This is to make sure the levels, drainage and safety are all to meet accreditations.
Long Jump Runway Construction
The construction of athletic jumping pit, triple jump run up and high jumping runway includes an engineered subbase with either a polymeric rubber surface, which can have removable take-off boards built-in or an artificial carpet for the runway. The landing sand pit needs and infill of round silica sand within a retaining edge.
Jumping track facilities in primary schools often have the Multisport synthetic specification. This provides a softer area for recreational use in lessons and after-school clubs. This colourful surface type can also be installed as playground activity surfacing which is used with a number of games for children of all ages.
The benefits of the long/triple runways, javelin surfaces and high jump fans are that they are pretty much maintenance-free and they can be designed to any dimensions and sizes to meets budgets, funding, price, quote, costs and site restraints.
The best way to contact us with regards to an enquiry for long jump runway construction is to fill in our quick form with your details and an idea of the work you need us to complete. We will get back to you as soon as possible with some advice on a quote and design for your project.
Long jump runways, triple run ups, javelin surfaces and high jump fans are popular with schools, leisure centres and colleges. We can renovate, upgrade and replace existing athletic runways or offer full new construction of running tracks, including landing sand pits, triple jump pathways, Multisport synthetic carpets and polymeric surfaces.
Synthetic Long Jump Pit
There are 4 main types of surfacing for synthetic long jump pit runways facilities that contractors, suppliers and consultants specify:
- Multisport Synthetic Turf Carpet – This is a fibre bonded needlepunch artificial grass specification which is infilled with sand and provides a durable, soft surface for schools and recreational facilities.
- Olympic Track Polymeric Sports Surfaces System – A full EPDM rubber crumb surfacing system to a depth of 13mm which is installed in multiple layers.
- Sandwich Polymeric Sports Surfaces System – It’s a 2 layer surface system constructed with an SBR base course and EPDM wearing course to a depth of 13mm (10mm + 3mm).
- Spray Coat Polymeric Sports Surfaces System – It’s a textured sprayed surface EPDM textured finish onto an SBR base course to a depth of 15mm (12mm + 3mm).
These specifications can be used for a range of facilities in schools and up to IAAF standard long jump events. It’s important to think about your budget and how you will use the facility so you can choose the right design for your project.
Our athletics and long jumping facility services can include the following:
- Design and construction of long triple jump run up with specialist sand pit
- Repairs to existing running tracks and other track and field facilities
- Installation of throwing circles for discus, hammer and shot putt
- Cleaning and maintenance to jumping tracks and sand pits
- Top up of silica sand for landing pit areas
Requirements for Funding
The requirements for funding you need to meet include:
- Improving health and fitness.
- Improving and bringing a community together.
- Offering better chances in life.
- Improving the environment.
Installing a Jumping Track
Last year we completed an installation for a brand new athletics runway and sand pit in Berkshire. The client chose to have the Multisport artificial surface type installed in bright red to give an eye-catching look and durable finish to the run-up track.
Our installers carried out the full works including stone sub base and edgings, laying the artificial carpet and install the sand landing pit at the end of the runway. Take a look at the video below to see the complete process for this sports runway installation:
If you have got any more questions regarding the process of installing a jumping track, make certain to get in touch with our team now using the enquiry form provided. An expert will reply as quickly as possible with all the information you need.
Specialist Long Jump Installers
Specialist long jump installers should carry out the surfacing installation task. To build a long jump, you will first need to do the groundworks. The preparation works are very important and if not done in the right way, it may cause surface problems. It’s important to excavate the current surface and then take it to the appropriate level. We ensure the sub-base floor is flat and compact, this will make the substrata solid.
Next, we install PCC solid tips for the border along with a geotextile membrane layer. We also offer the option of rubber sand pit edges if you’d prefer this. We use geotextile membranes within the sub-base to avoid weeds growing. We’ll then apply a natural stone sub-base to make a solid and also porous level.
Finally, we’ll apply a tarmacadam covering as a base if necessary, this will make the surface flat, long-lasting as well as porous. If you need takeoff boards, we’ll include them in this process. The sand pits for long-jump surfaces are available in a variety of sizes to accommodate the customer’s requirements.
Both polymeric rubber and needlepunch can be used for long jumps. The two kinds of surfaces are permeable, which means they won’t flood or water-log. We’ll roll out needlepunch surfacing similar to a carpet onto the sub-base and then connected using glue. The needlepunch fibres are woven with each other to create a sturdy floor for long jumps.
We’ll then spread a fine sand infill throughout the carpet to offer excellent playing characteristics. This sort of surfacing is popular for educational facilities. Competitive sports establishments generally have polymeric rubberised flooring installed. This is because experts use this form of track. The surfacing consists of rubber crumb and a specialist binder. We will roll this mixture out onto the surface.
Maintaining Jumping Tracks
In order to keep the long jump runway in great condition, we recommend regular maintenance. We highly recommend having a cleaning schedule as you are being proactive with the maintenance. This helps to avoid deterioration and make sure that the facility remains safe.
You should perform routine maintenance depending on the surface that you have put down. The costs of maintaining athletics tracks can vary depending on the conditions but we are able to provide a quote.
Carrying out upkeep servicing could remove any kind of rubbish and dirt which could affect the drainage structure. If your athletics track gets any marks on it, you can use warm water and soap to clean it. If any unwanted weeds appear, treatment should be applied as soon as possible. It is necessary to not use any oil-based products, simply because this can cause problems with the surfacing.
Funding for Ofsted Long Jump
A lot of schools are now obtaining funding for Ofsted long jump facilities because they have noticed the benefits of them. When applying for funding, it is important for schools to decide what type of facility they want. They should also make sure that it meets the requirements to receive funding.
There are over 10,000 funding organisations who have the funds available for schools, PTAs and other community groups to improve their facilities. A lot of people don’t know how to access funds or how to apply. However, if you watch our video below, it explains how to apply.
Long Jump Facility Installation Costs
The costs to build a long jump runway and sand pit facility can vary depending on a number of different factors including the surfacing specification, the location of the project and the ease of access to site.
We can help tailor a quote which fits within your budget and meets your needs to give you the perfect athletics facility for your club, school or college.
It’s important to make sure you choose a specialist sport surfacing contractor to build a long jump runway as the final product needs to be safe for use and provide the best performance characteristics.
We have a wealth of knowledge and experience in the sports and play surface construction industry and we can offer you advice on prices, costs and specifications for long jump facilities to ensure you get the best value product for your money.
Get In Touch
We can carry out a range of services to install, upgrade and maintain surfacing for athletics tracks and long jump runway facilities. We work at schools, colleges, athletics clubs and leisure centres throughout the UK. Our staff have experience in helping clients to design a bespoke facility.
- Astro Turf Sports Pitch Contractors
- Athletics Landing Sand Pit Covers
- Athletics Surfacing Specification Options
- Athletics Track Maintenance
- Athletics Track Surfacing
- Benefits of Athletics for Schools
- Benefits of Trim Trails for Physical Development
- Costs to Build a Compact Athletics Facility
- Costs to Construct Triple Jump Athletics Facility
- Javelin Runway Distance, Length, Dimensions
- Long Jump Facility Installations in Essex
- Long Jump Pit Construction in Stockport, Manchester
- Long Jump Pit Installation in Edinburgh, Scotland
- Long Jump Run Up Construction Specialists
- Long Jump Runway
- Long Jump Runway and High Jump Fan Installation in Derby
- Long Jump Runway Construction in Somerset
- Long Jump Runway Installation in Chorley Lancashire
- Long Jump Runway Installation in Colchester Essex
- Long Jump Runway Installation in Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Long Jump Surface Construction Athletics Track Costs
- Long Jump Track With Sand Pit Construction in Slough, Berkshire
- Long/Triple Jump Runway Design
- Multi Lane Polymeric Long Jump Construction in St Albans
- Multi Lane Polymeric Long Jump Construction in St Albans, Hertfordshire
- Multisport Installation in Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
- Multisport Long Jump Construction in Buckinghamshire
- Multisport Long Jump Construction in Norwich
- MultiSport Long Jump Installation at a School in Essex
- MultiSport Long Jump Pit Installation in Coventry
- MultiSport Long Jump Pit Installation in Preston
- Multisport Long Jump Pit Installation in Preston, Lancashire
- Multisport Long Jump With Practice Lane in Leicester
- Multisport Long Jump with practice Lane Install in Leicester
- Multisport Runway Installation in Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
- Multisport Synthetic High Jump Installation in Berkshire
- Multisport Synthetic Long Jump in Wigan, Greater Manchester
- Multisport Synthetic Long Jump Installation in Oxford
- MultiSport Synthetic Surface Install in Oxford
- Pole Vault Runway Construction
- Polymeric Long Jump Essex
- Polymeric Long Jump Pit Construction in Glasgow
- Polymeric Long Jump Pit Construction in Leeds, West Yorkshire
- Polymeric Long Jump Pit Installation in Liverpool, Merseyside
- Polymeric Long Jump Runway in Birmingham, West Midlands
- Polymeric Surface Long Jump Installation in Cardiff, Wales
- Polymeric Surface Long Jump Runway in Kettering, Northamptonshire
- Rake for Maintaining Long Jump Sandpit
- Rubber Mulch Daily Mile Track at a School in Manchester
- Rubber Mulch Daily Mile Track Installation in Leeds
- School Athletics Track Designs
- Schools Recreational Long Jump Runway Length
- Synthetic Long Jump Athletics Track Construction in Peterborough
We aim to meet their requirements and keep the costs within their budget. We would be happy to discuss any enquiry you have for a jumping runway surface so please contact us and we’ll get back to you with a quote for the work you’d like us to carry out.