5 a Side MUGA sports courts have a minimum playing size of 25.91m x 16.76m. The dimensions you choose will depend on the design you want for your facility. Many schools and clubs have these pitches for playing football, both as practise and for matches. Having the smaller recreational size can help to cut costs compared to installing full sized areas.
Alternatively, many organisations choose to install multi use games areas which accommodate multiple sports. If you choose this, then the dimensions could alter to suit other activities. The maximum 5 a side pitch size is 25.91 x 42.62m. The larger playing surface will mean the construction cost will be higher. We try to make our quotes cost effective, but it all depends on the customer’s budget.
You can speak to our team today and get a price for installing one of these facilities. The dimensions and sizes will vary depending on what you need and this can also affect costs. Just fill in our contact form and let us know what you’re looking for so we can offer more advice. You can also find out more about all weather pitch floodlights along with other accessories we offer.
5 a Side Pitch Designs
The MUGA surfaces come in a few different options. See below to find out more about each product:
- 2G Synthetic Turf Carpet – Suitable for playing football and hockey, popular at schools.
- 3G Artificial Grass – Ideal for football and rugby, contains rubber infill for natural playing qualities.
- Polymeric Rubber Surface – Play football, tennis, netball and basketball, good ball bounce and slip resistance.
- Macadam Sports Court – Multi use qualities for tennis, netball, football and basketball, perfect for schools.
The 5 a side pitch designs completely depend on how you would like to use the area. Lots of schools and clubs choose to have multi sports markings so they can make the most out of the facility. The game line marking or sports lines for 5 A side football are normally white with a 50mm width. We also offer different colours to mark out individual sporting activities. Sport lines can normally be touched up or replaced during the life of the sports surfacing.
Dimensions of a 5-a-Side Facility
When it comes to designing these areas, the dimensions of a 5-a-side facility can be tailored to suit each project. Since these pitches are generally used for recreational purposes, there are no strict guidelines to follow. It’s completely up to you and your budget, and we can offer a design and quote to suit you. Take a look at this 5 a Side MUGA Construction in Gloucester to see one of our projects from start to finish.
You can also have a look at the video below to see how the work was done by our team:
The 5-a-side football pitches are usually best to be played on 3G synthetic turf surfaces because these give the best playing characteristics. The synthetic 3G sports surfacing is an artificial grass carpet infilled with sand and rubber infill. There is sometimes a need for a shockpad beneath this third generation sports grass dependent on the accreditation they are looking to achieve.
- 3 Reasons to Build Dual Use MUGA Ball Court
- Astro Turf MUGA Sports Pitches Rejuvenation Maintenance
- Building 5-a-Side Football MUGA in Gloucester
- Coating of Synthetic MUGA Surfacing With Acrylic Coatings
- Macadam MUGA Painting in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Macadam Muga Painting in Taunton, Somerset
- MUGA Anti Slip Sports Coatings
- MUGA Construction Specifications and Costs
- MUGA Contractors
- MUGA Installation
- MUGA Pitch Designs for Primary School
- MUGA Pitch Maintenance
- MUGA Surfacing Repair
- Needlepunch MUGA Surfacing Upgrade in London
- Polymeric MUGA in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Polymeric MUGA in Haringey, London
- Polymeric MUGA in Kennington, London
- Polymeric MUGA Pitch Installation in Crawley, West Sussex
- Polymeric MUGA Pitch Resurfacing in Birmingham, West Midlands
- Pressure Cleaning Tennis Courts MUGA Surfaces
- Residential Tennis Court MUGA Colour Spraying
- School All Weather MUGA Pitches
- Size of 5 a Side Court MUGA
- Size of Netball Court Sports MUGAs
- Sports Fencing
- Type 3 Polymeric Surfacing MUGA
- What Is a MUGA?
Find Out More
Contact our team today to learn more about our different products and to get an idea of costs. We can send you over some previous case studies and product sheets as examples. Just get in touch and let us know what you’re looking for along with an idea of your budget. We’ll respond as soon as we can with an in depth quote for the work.