All Weather Pitch Sports Surfaces
All-weather pitches are synthetic sports pitches constructed in artificial grass. These sports surfaces can be line marked for multi-use sports so one court can be used for a football pitch, rugby pitch, basketball court, netball court, and hockey pitch. All of the old fashioned astroturf surfaces will eventually be replaced with a new 3G (third-generation) MUGA (multi-use game area).
Feel free to get in touch with our team if you have any questions about these specifications or the costs for this work. Just complete the contact box on this page and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can to talk about prices and designs.
Refurbishing All Weather Pitch
The refurbishment of an all-weather surface involves firstly the uplift and removal of the existing Astroturf all-weather pitch. This is done using a Turf Muncher removal machine. The Turf muncher is a machine designed for the rip-up and replacement of synthetic turf all-weather pitch surfaces. Synthetic turf sports pitches and artificial sports surfaces have developed over the years from old astroturf plastic surfacing to innovative 3G sports facilities.
The main issue is the landfill of old astroturf surfacing and this is where the turf muncher separates itself from its competition. The Turf Muncher is able to uplift and remove the synthetic turf, remove the sand and rubber infill from the artificial grass then roll up the surfacing so it can be reused or recycled.
Upgrading Sports Facilities
A sports pitch refurb is an upgrade generally designed and cost because of the ability to create revenue from renting the sports facility out. The refurbishment is upgrading an old astroturf sports surface and refurbishing to a third generation synthetic grass. Upgrading the sports pitch whether it is a football field, rugby field, hockey pitch, netball pitch, basketball pitch or tennis court can be done to fit the customer’s timescales and can be completed to meet the funding, budget and quote. The refurbishment is needed when the existing all-weather pitch has lived its lifespan and the synthetic turf is not meeting the playing characteristics.
Sometimes towards the end of the lifespan of the synthetic astroturf surfacing, you can rejuvenate the surface within a sports maintenance package that will get a few extra years out of the playing surface as the infill is cleaned and any contamination is taken out with the full rejuvenation. The removal of sand infill is usually needed because the fibres and yarn of the artificial grass will be wearing away and if the sand infill isn’t removed then it will be like a beach sports surface.
Installing All Weather Surfacing
Once the synthetic turf is ready to be ripped up, uplifted, removed, recycled, refurbished, upgraded and resurfaced then we can help with the design, planning, quote, price, costs, specification, budget, construction, maintenance, dimensions, size of pitch whether it is an 11 a side football pitch, 7-a-side football court, 5-a-side football area or even help and assistance with the funding of the sports pitch renovation.
Take a look at this video to see a full construction of an all-weather sports surface using 3G synthetic turf for football and rugby.
Another popular choice by councils, architects and leisure centres is to upgrade, clean, resurface tennis courts into MUGAs and multi-use games areas. The reason for this is because an old macadam surface can easily be renovated by cleaning the surface and then overlaying the existing surfacing with synthetic turf or a polymeric surface. Both are fine for tennis playing characteristics and meet other requirements on sports courts like football, mini tennis, basketball and netball. Multi-use games areas are known as multi educational games areas, sports courts, multi-sports arenas, small side footy ball courts and MUGAs.
- 3 Reasons to Build Dual Use MUGA Ball Court
- 3g 5-a-Side Football Pitch Installation in Hampshire
- 3G Artificial Grass Construction in Liverpool
- 3g Artificial Pitch Surfacing in Whitehall, London
- 3g Artificial Sports Pitch Construction in Woking, Surrey
- 3g Artificial Sports Pitch Resurfacing Contractors
- 3G Artificial Sports Pitch Resurfacing in Woking, Surrey
- 3g Football Pitch Resurfacing in Cheltenham Gloucestershire
- 3g Football Pitch Resurfacing in Hackney, London
- 3g Grass Installation in Bournemouth, Dorset
- 3g Grass Pitch Installation in Bradford, Yorkshire
- 3g Pitch Construction in Birmingham, West Midlands
- 3G Sports Pitch Construction
- 3g, 4g, 5g, 6g Artificial Synthetic Grass Pitches Explanation
- 5 Reasons Why Your Artificial Grass May Have Melted
- 5-a-Side Football Pitch 3g Artificial Grass Surfacing in Liverpool
- 5-a-Side Football Pitch Construction With 3g Artificial Turf
- 60mm Thick Long Pile Synthetic Turf All Weather Sports Pitches
- Acrylic Sports Court Spraying Anti Slip Paint Surface
- Adidas Polymeric Installation in Keir Hardie, London
- All Purpose Sports Pitch Builders
- All Weather Pitch Sports Surfaces
- Anti Slip Sports Court Painting in Preston, Lancashire
- Artificial Cricket Wicket Surfacing
- Benefits of 3g Sports Pitches
- Benefits of Artificial Clay Tennis Court Surfacing
- Billions of Rubber Balls in Fake Grass – 3g, 4g, 5g, 6g Pitches?
- Cleaning and Painting of a Tennis Surface in Manchester
- Costs to Build a Synthetic Clay Tennis Court
- Deep Cleaning Astroturf Sports Surfacing Maintenance
- Fibre Bonded Needlepunch Sport Surfacing
- Flooded Hockey Pitch Sand Infill Cleaning
- Floodlight All Weather Sports Pitch
- Golf Pathways
- How to Maintain a 3g Pitch in Winter
- Lano Sports Drive 23 Sand Filled Synthetic Turf
- Leeds Tennis Court Cleaning and Repainting Surfacing
- MUGA Sports Court Cleaning and Painting at a school in Oxfordshire
- Multi Lane Polymeric Long Jump Construction in St Albans
- Multisport Long Jump Construction in Buckinghamshire
- MultiSport Long Jump Installation at a School in Essex
- MultiSport Long Jump Pit Installation in Coventry
- MultiSport Long Jump Pit Installation in Preston
- Multisport Long Jump with practice Lane Install in Leicester
- Multisport Runway Installation in Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
- Multisport Synthetic Long Jump Installation in Oxford
- MultiSport Synthetic Surface Install in Oxford
- Netball Court Construction in Stockport
- Outdoor Basketball Court Sports Surfaces
- Outdoor Football Court Sports Surfaces
- Outdoor Sports Surface Clean & Paint in Glasgow
- Outdoor Sports Surfacing Slip Tester Insitu Testing
- Padel Tennis Court Construction Contractors
- Padel Tennis Court Surfacing Installers
- Polymeric Resurfacing in Woking, Surrey
- Polymeric Surface Basketball Court Installation in Cheadle, Cheshire
- Practice Cage Cricket Wicket Surfaces
- Professional Tennis Court Painting
- Reasons Why All Weather Pitch Surfacing Gets Waterlogged and Flooded
- Refurbishment of Run Down Netball Courts
- Repairing Synthetic Turf Sports Pitches
- Residential Tennis Court Clean & Paint in Coventry
- Rubber Golf Pathway Installation in Prestbury
- Rubber Mulch Daily Mile Track at a School in Manchester
- Rubber Playground and Artificial Grass Surfacing in Middlesbrough
- Sand Filled Synthetic Turf Pitch Costs
- School All Weather MUGA Pitches
- Should You Clean or Resurface Your Tennis Court?
- Size of 5 a Side Court MUGA
- Size of Netball Court Sports MUGAs
- Spending Your Sport Premium Funding
- Sports Court Anti Slip Painting in Leicester
- Sports Court Cleaning and Painting in Preston
- Sports Court Cleaning and Painting in Sheffield
- Sports court cleaning and painting in Sheffield, Yorkshire
- Sports Court Designs
- Sports Court Maintenance in Fleetwood, Lancashire
- Sports Facility Maintenance
- Sports Fencing
- Sports Pitch Specification
- Sports Pitch Surfacing
- Sports Surface Colour Coating in High Peak
- Sports Surface Construction
- Sports Surfacing Clean and Paint in Southport
- Sports Surfacing Rejuvenation Maintenance Golborne
- Sports-Cote Court Binder and Aggregate Rich Acrylic Non Slip Paint
- Synthetic AGP Sports Surfacing Maintenance
- Synthetic Turf Football Field
- Synthetic Turf Football Field Installers
- Synthetic Turf Installation in Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire
- Synthetic Turf Pitch Ball Roll Tests
- Synthetic Turf Tennis Court Installation in London
- Tennis Court Clean & Paint Maintenance in York
- Tennis Court Cleaning and Repainting in Sheffield
- Tennis Court Construction
- Tennis Court Maintenance – Deep Clean and Recolouring
- Tennis Court Maintenance in Woking, Surrey
- Tennis Court Surfacing Maintenance in Yorkshire
- Tennis Court Surfacing Rejuvenation in Newcastle
- Tennis Court Synthetic Turf Cleaning Maintenance
- Tennis Courts Refurbishment Maintenance Lancashire
- Third Generation 3g Artificial Grass Sports Surfacing
- Unfilled Synthetic Sports Turf Surfacing
- Waterlogged Synthetic All Weather Pitch Solutions
- Wetpour Sports Court Flooring in Dartmouth, Devon
- Wetpour Swimming Pool Surround Install in London
- Why Choose an Artificial Hockey Pitch?
Why is My Synthetic All Weather Pitch Holding Water and Flooding?
Synthetic all weather pitches may be holding water and flooding due to lack of maintenance or incorrect maintenance services being carried out.
Many maintenance visits in the UK consist of a tractor pulling a drag brush around and topping up sand to the top of the sports surfacing which people you might be shocked to find out is wrong.
Every artificial sports pitch and synthetic all-weather pitch inevitably will get a build-up of contamination which could be sporns, moss, algae and algal squidge. This build up clogs the infill and makes the surfacing poor draining hence the holding water.
The maintenance contractor needs to remove the contaminated infill or clean this regularly to extend the lifespan of the pitch and not just throw new sand on top of the contaminated infill because this won’t solve any problems whatsoever.
It is inevitable that after 8-10 years you will need to have a sports surfacing rejuvenation which will remove and replace the existing infill making the drainage back to new but without regular maintenance or correct maintenance, this process could be needed in as little as 5 years.
MUGA Pitch Services
We offer a wide range of services including the construction and maintenance of these outdoor games areas. We have worked with many schools, colleges and local leisure centres to install multipurpose facilities which are perfect for many activities. For more information on the all-weather pitch sports surfaces we offer, please fill in our contact form to receive a product sheet and quote today. The costs for this type of project do vary but we would be happy to offer you some helpful advice.