All Purpose Sports Pitch Builders
The growth in popularity of multi-use games areas at schools and clubs in the UK means that children can take part in a wide variety of different activities all in the same place without the need for building extra facilities. All-purpose sports pitch builders commonly install these versatile surfaces which can be used for combinations of a range of games including football, rugby, netball and tennis.
Contact us today for more details on the costs and specifications for all-weather sports facilities. These are ideal for many organisations including local clubs and schools, so don’t hesitate to get in touch if you are interested in having one installed.
Synthetic Grass Sport Surfacing
There are a number of different artificial turf specifications to choose from when you’re looking to build an all-weather sports pitch. Each one has its own qualities and characteristics which are better suited to different activities, so it’s a good idea to do some research before you decide which surface type to install.
- 2G Sand Filled / Sand Dressed – This second-generation multi-use pitch surface is made up of a synthetic grass carpet with silica sand infill installed between the synthetic turf. Having the layer of sand applied helps the grass fibres of the pitch to perform well and stay upright during training and matches. 2G grass surfacing is usually installed for sports like hockey and football.
- Needlepunch Synthetic Sports Flooring – This fibre bonded specification is extremely durable to withstand heavy use from a lot of sports such as football, hockey and athletics. You can choose from a number of different colours and rainbow designs with needlepunch synthetic grass to create a fun and engaging facility for kids to enjoy.
- 3G Artificial Turf Pitch – As the most technologically advanced synthetic grass sport surface type, this third-generation artificial turf is ideal for football and rugby as it provides similar characteristics to natural grass. A layer of rubber crumb infill is put within the 3G grass to enhance the performance qualities and prevent injuries to players’ muscles and joints.
Sports Court Surfaces
As an alternative to artificial grass all-purpose sports pitch surfaces, many organisations choose to have hard courts installed which are better suited to games like tennis and basketball. These surface types come in a number of different designs:
- Porous Macadam Courts – These can come in either Type 1 MUGA or Type 2 MUGA specifications, each of which has a slightly different slip resistance rating to be better suited for different sports. Type 2 macadam MUGA surfacing is better for netball as it offers more resistance and grip to players. Macadam courts are extremely durable and versatile to withstand heavy use from a number of activities including tennis and basketball.
- Polymeric Rubber Court – This EPDM rubber sports surface type is installed onto a macadam base layer and also has two different specifications, Type 3 and Type 4 MUGA, dependent on the required slip resistance qualities for each sport. Polymeric surfacing is also commonly used for athletics tracks and long jump runway surfaces.
Both macadam and polymeric rubber sports court surfacing can have specialised anti slip paint coatings applied to enhance the performance and safety of the court and to give it a brightly coloured and attractive appearance. Acrylic non slip paint is usually used for macadam surfacing and polyurethane coatings are normally used for polymeric courts. The anti-slip properties are achieved by mixing the paint with sand and aluminium oxide, this increases the friction and traction of the surfacing and prevents any injuries from slips and falls.
Maintaining an All Purpose Sports Pitch
When you have a brand new court installed by a professional surfacing contractor at your organisation, you need to look after it properly if you want it to remain safe and keep up its good performance qualities. This can be done by implementing a regular maintenance scheme to keep the area clean and free from any contaminations. Maintenance for a synthetic grass all weather pitch could include drag brushing which redistributes the sand and rubber infill particles and removes debris, deep cleaning and topping up the infill layers. Polymeric or macadam courts can be maintained by pressure washing and brushing to remove any debris such as litter or fallen leaves from the area.
Watch this video below to see a full process of maintenance for a synthetic sports surface that was waterlogged. The artificial carpet had become blocked up with dirt which stopped water from draining through and into the ground underneath. Our team completed a thorough cleaning service to remove the contaminated infill and replace it with a clean layer.
Both synthetic grass and hard court surfaces can have moss and algae treatments applied to prevent contamination and to stop the facility surface from becoming slippery and unusable. If your artificial surface does become damaged or contaminated, you need to get it repaired as soon as possible to prevent the problem from growing and causing lasting damage to the area. If the issue is not rectified quickly it can lead to your pitch or court becoming waterlogged and extremely unsafe for use, meaning it could have to be resurfaced.
If you’d like to enquire about a new all-purpose sports pitch installation or maintenance project, please get in touch with us through our contact form and be sure to include as much information as possible about the job. We will get back to you with some helpful advice in regards to quotes and project specifications for a whole host of different facilities. You can visit our website at https://www.softsurfaces.co.uk/ to see more details of the work we carry out and how we could help you. As specialist sport surfacing contractors we have a great deal of experience in the construction industry and we would be happy to offer you as much help as you need with your sport surfacing requirements. Our quotes can be flexible and tailored to meet the individual budget of each project.
Don’t forget to leave us a comment below if you have any further questions and share this post if you thought it was useful!
- 3 Reasons to Build Dual Use MUGA Ball Court
- 3g 5-a-Side Football Pitch Installation in Hampshire
- 3G Artificial Grass Construction in Liverpool
- 3g Artificial Pitch Surfacing in Whitehall, London
- 3g Artificial Sports Pitch Construction in Woking, Surrey
- 3g Artificial Sports Pitch Resurfacing Contractors
- 3G Artificial Sports Pitch Resurfacing in Woking, Surrey
- 3g Football Pitch Resurfacing in Cheltenham Gloucestershire
- 3g Football Pitch Resurfacing in Hackney, London
- 3g Grass Installation in Bournemouth, Dorset
- 3g Grass Pitch Installation in Bradford, Yorkshire
- 3g Pitch Construction in Birmingham, West Midlands
- 3G Sports Pitch Construction
- 3g, 4g, 5g, 6g Artificial Synthetic Grass Pitches Explanation
- 5 Reasons Why Your Artificial Grass May Have Melted
- 5-a-Side Football Pitch 3g Artificial Grass Surfacing in Liverpool
- 5-a-Side Football Pitch Construction With 3g Artificial Turf
- 60mm Thick Long Pile Synthetic Turf All Weather Sports Pitches
- Acrylic Sports Court Spraying Anti Slip Paint Surface
- Adidas Polymeric Installation in Keir Hardie, London
- All Purpose Sports Pitch Builders
- All Weather Pitch Sports Surfaces
- Anti Slip Sports Court Painting in Preston, Lancashire
- Artificial Cricket Wicket Surfacing
- Benefits of 3g Sports Pitches
- Benefits of Artificial Clay Tennis Court Surfacing
- Billions of Rubber Balls in Fake Grass – 3g, 4g, 5g, 6g Pitches?
- Cleaning and Painting of a Tennis Surface in Manchester
- Costs to Build a Synthetic Clay Tennis Court
- Deep Cleaning Astroturf Sports Surfacing Maintenance
- Fibre Bonded Needlepunch Sport Surfacing
- Flooded Hockey Pitch Sand Infill Cleaning
- Floodlight All Weather Sports Pitch
- Floodlit Sports Surface Restoration Upgrade
- Golf Pathways
- How to Maintain a 3g Pitch in Winter
- Lano Sports Drive 23 Sand Filled Synthetic Turf
- Leeds Tennis Court Cleaning and Repainting Surfacing
- MUGA Sports Court Cleaning and Painting at a school in Oxfordshire
- Multi Lane Polymeric Long Jump Construction in St Albans
- Multisport Long Jump Construction in Buckinghamshire
- MultiSport Long Jump Installation at a School in Essex
- MultiSport Long Jump Pit Installation in Coventry
- MultiSport Long Jump Pit Installation in Preston
- Multisport Long Jump with practice Lane Install in Leicester
- Multisport Runway Installation in Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
- Multisport Synthetic Long Jump Installation in Oxford
- MultiSport Synthetic Surface Install in Oxford
- Netball Court Construction in Stockport
- Outdoor Basketball Court Sports Surfaces
- Outdoor Football Court Sports Surfaces
- Outdoor Sports Surface Clean & Paint in Glasgow
- Outdoor Sports Surfacing Slip Tester Insitu Testing
- Padel Tennis Court Construction Contractors
- Padel Tennis Court Surfacing Installers
- Polymeric Resurfacing in Woking, Surrey
- Polymeric Surface Basketball Court Installation in Cheadle, Cheshire
- Practice Cage Cricket Wicket Surfaces
- Professional Tennis Court Painting
- Reasons Why All Weather Pitch Surfacing Gets Waterlogged and Flooded
- Refurbishment of Run Down Netball Courts
- Repairing Synthetic Turf Sports Pitches
- Residential Tennis Court Clean & Paint in Coventry
- Rubber Golf Pathway Installation in Prestbury
- Rubber Mulch Daily Mile Track at a School in Manchester
- Rubber Playground and Artificial Grass Surfacing in Middlesbrough
- Sand Filled Synthetic Turf Pitch Costs
- School All Weather MUGA Pitches
- Should You Clean or Resurface Your Tennis Court?
- Size of 5 a Side Court MUGA
- Size of Netball Court Sports MUGAs
- Spending Your Sport Premium Funding
- Sports Court Anti Slip Painting in Leicester
- Sports Court Cleaning and Painting in Preston
- Sports Court Cleaning and Painting in Sheffield
- Sports court cleaning and painting in Sheffield, Yorkshire
- Sports Court Designs
- Sports Court Maintenance in Fleetwood, Lancashire
- Sports Facility Maintenance
- Sports Fencing
- Sports Pitch Specification
- Sports Pitch Surfacing
- Sports Surface Colour Coating in High Peak
- Sports Surface Construction
- Sports Surfacing Clean and Paint in Southport
- Sports Surfacing Rejuvenation Maintenance Golborne
- Sports-Cote Court Binder and Aggregate Rich Acrylic Non Slip Paint
- Synthetic AGP Sports Surfacing Maintenance
- Synthetic Turf Football Field
- Synthetic Turf Football Field Installers
- Synthetic Turf Installation in Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire
- Synthetic Turf Pitch Ball Roll Tests
- Synthetic Turf Tennis Court Installation in London
- Tennis Court Clean & Paint Maintenance in York
- Tennis Court Cleaning and Repainting in Sheffield
- Tennis Court Construction
- Tennis Court Maintenance – Deep Clean and Recolouring
- Tennis Court Maintenance in Woking, Surrey
- Tennis Court Surfacing Maintenance in Yorkshire
- Tennis Court Surfacing Rejuvenation in Newcastle
- Tennis Court Synthetic Turf Cleaning Maintenance
- Tennis Courts Refurbishment Maintenance Lancashire
- Third Generation 3g Artificial Grass Sports Surfacing
- Unfilled Synthetic Sports Turf Surfacing
- Waterlogged Synthetic All Weather Pitch Solutions
- Wetpour Sports Court Flooring in Dartmouth, Devon
- Wetpour Swimming Pool Surround Install in London
- Why Choose an Artificial Hockey Pitch?