As specialist 3G Artificial Sports Pitch Resurfacing Contractors we work nationwide throughout the UK.
In the UK there is a huge array of old worn sand-filled pitches mostly used for football.
The preferred artificial football surface specification is a 3G which is sand + rubber filled synthetic turf. These 3G surfaces are also advertised as a 4G pitch or 5G pitch surface.
Why Resurface your Synthetic Football Pitch?
Astro turf sand filled surfaces will eventually reach the end of their lifecycle.
The performance properties will begin to decrease and playing characteristics like ball bounce, ball roll, slide resistance, and its drainage properties will begin to degrade as it passes the end of its life.
This is why artificial pitch resurfacing is so important as it gives the facility the perfect opportunity to improve their sports pitch with new and high-performance properties.
The 3G Artificial Sports Pitch Resurfacing Process
The process of resurfacing an all-weather pitch into a 3G sport surface specification is:
- Uplift and removal of existing worn carpet
- Preparation works to sub base (i.e. checking drainage, shockpad levels and edging)
- Repairs to damaged areas
- Installation of the 3G artificial grass carpet
- Lines to be cut in to be part of the synthetic carpet
- All seams and joints glued and taped
- Installation of the sand infill to hold the pile upright and weigh the carpet down
- Installation of the rubber crumb infill to give the playing characteristics needed for football or rugby
- Brushing to evenly distribute the infill ready for playing on the surface
Every re-surfacing project is unique and the solutions are individually tailored to each client so please contact us to discuss your requirements.
Why Choose a 3G Specification?
3G pitches are becoming the number one choice for many artificial turf sports pitches with football.
4G Pitches and 5G Turf Specification are being advertised but these products are just variations in the third generation artificial grass with sand and rubber infill.
The number one choice when choosing a synthetic surface for football is a 3G sport surface. Its specialist combination infill of rubber crumb and sand help to protect the grass from heavy tackles and provide perfect ball role.
3G Pitch Resurfacing Costs
The costs to resurface a 3G Pitch is approximately £140,000 in the UK.
These costs can vary significantly depending on the size and dimensions of the all weather pitch.
Other factors to consider is the quality of the synthetic turf carpet as this can massively change the costs to complete a 3G pitch resurface.
Lastly, some projects in the UK are on rooftops or obscure locations so this can affect the prices and quotation value.
We can price any project in the UK from the highlands in Scotland down to Devon. As nationwide resurfacing contractors get in touch for best prices on the 3G Artificial Sports Pitch Resurfacing installations.
3G Artificial Resurfacing Installations in The UK
Here are some 3G artificial resurfacing installations we have carried out in the UK:
- 3G Artificial Sports Pitch Resurfacing Contractors
- 3G Football Pitch Resurfacing in Cheltenham Gloucestershire
- 3G Football Pitch Resurfacing in Hackney, London
There are plenty of more case studies and testimonials of projects we can show you during your enquiry.
How Long Does It Take To Resurface An Artificial Sports Pitch?
It takes 3-5 weeks to resurface a full-sized artificial sports pitch into the latest 3G artificial grass sport surface.
This comprises of one week onsite uplifting and removing of the existing worn synthetic carpet.
1-2 weeks preparation works depending on the sub base and shock pad under the synthetic turf carpet.
Then finally two weeks to install the 3G artificial grass surfacing with infill and lines cut in.
The length of time to resurface an artificial sports pitch can vary depending on access and weather conditions so it is wise to project manage the works to take 5-8 weeks. Sports consultants usually allow two months as it allows a provisional sum for bad weather.
Articles You Might Like
Here are some 3G surfacing articles you might like:
- Artificial Grass Football 3G Pitch Costs
- Artificial Grass Pitch Construction in Liverpool, Merseyside
- Astro Turf Sports Pitch Contractors
- Benefits of 3G Sports Pitches
- Billions of Rubber Balls in Fake Grass - 3G, 4G, 5G, 6G Pitches?
- Costs constructing All Weather Pitch
- Deep Cleaning Astroturf Sports Surfacing Maintenance
- FA Agree to 3G Technology Artificial Surfacing
- Flooded All Weather Pitch Surface Examination
- How to Maintain a 3G Pitch in Winter
- Independent Sport Flooring Tests to BS EN 13036-4
- Innovation of 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th generation synthetic artificial pitch?
- Options for flooded synthetic all weather pitches
- Reactive Maintenance On Synthetic Turf Sports Pitches
- Reactive Maintenance To Astroturf All Weather Pitches
- Refurbishing Synthetic Grass All Weather Pitches With Rejuvenation
- Specialists in Building Artificial Football Fields
- Sport Pitches Surface Finishes
- Synthetic 3G Soccer Sports Surface
- Synthetic Turf Football Field
- Synthetic Turf Football Field Installers
- Synthetic Turf Football Pitch Construction
- Synthetic Turf Football Pitch Contractors
- Synthetic Turf Sports Fields
- Synthetic Turf Sports Pitch Construction
- Synthetic Turf Sports Pitch Contractors
- Synthetic turf Sports Surface Suppliers
- Synthetic turf Synthetic Soccer Sports Pitch
- Third Generation 3G Artificial Grass Sports Surfacing
- What are 3G Pitches?
- Will Rejuvenation Maintenance Revitalise My Sports Pitches?
- 3G 5-a-Side Football Pitch Installation in Hampshire
- 3G Artificial Pitch Surfacing in Whitehall, London
- 3G Artificial Sports Pitch Construction in Woking, Surrey
- 3G Artificial Sports Pitch Resurfacing Contractors
- 3G Grass Installation in Bournemouth, Dorset
- 3G Grass Pitch Installation in Bradford, Yorkshire
- 3G Pitch Construction in Birmingham, West Midlands
- 3G Sports Pitch Construction
- 3G, 4G, 5G, 6G Artificial Synthetic Grass Pitches Explanation
- 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th Generation Sports Pitches - Difference in Specification
- 4th Generation Synthetic Sport Surfacing
- 5-a-side Football Pitch 3G Artificial Grass Surfacing in Liverpool
- 5-a-side Football Pitch Construction with 3G Artificial Turf
- 7 a Side Football Pitch in 3G Artificial Sports Surface
We install 3g surfacing nationwide in the UK and can offer competitive prices for both supply and installation of wet pour rubber crumb surfaces.