We have constructed and installed hundreds of 3G pitches around the UK.
What is a 3G Pitch?
A 3G pitch is a Third Generation synthetic surface used for football and rugby.
The 3G Pitch is an all-weather sports surfacing specification.
Building 3G Pitches
We have recently constructed a new synthetic 3G sports pitch at St Peters, Orrell. The works involved ripping out and removal of existing synthetic turf sports surfaces, new engineered sub base installed, an elastic in situ rubber shockpad and then new 3rd generation synthetic grass surfacing.
3G Sports Pitch Installation
The first stage of the synthetic sport surface construction was to remove the existing turf carpet which had become worn out and unsuitable for use. The ground was then excavated and an engineered macadam sub base was installed to provide an even foundation for the new 3G sports pitch carpet to be laid onto. Once the base layer had been put down, an in situ rubber shockpad was installed to provide support for players’ joints and to prevent injury.
The next part of our installation process was laying down the 3G pitch synthetic carpet on top of the rubber shockpad. When a 3G synthetic turf is installed, a layer of rubber infill particles is added within the synthetic turf fibres. This rubber infill helps to keep the artificial grass carpet upright and gives natural playing characteristics for football and rugby. The 3G sport surfacing should be looked after through a regular maintenance scheme which includes removal of dirt and debris and drag brushing to redistribute the rubber infill.
Sport Facility Equipment
After the surfacing installation was complete, the next stage of the project was adding the extra equipment and accessories which were specified by the client. These additional features included rebound fencing, sport floodlighting, football nets and sport surface line markings. Having these features installed meant that the new 3G sport field construction provided a multi use, all weather facility which could be used in the evenings to generate extra revenue for the organisation.
To see the installation process in more detail, please watch this video showing the full synthetic surface construction from start to finish:
What is 3G Manufactured Turf?
3G manufactured turf is a wonderful replacement to all-natural grass for a sport pitch. By creating a 3G sport pitch your facility will match UK accreditations of controlling organisation like FIFA, FA, IRB, RFU and also RFL. The synthetic turf can vary in pile size from 32mm, which is mostly intended for hockey surfaces, to sixty millimeters which is used for rugby. Football field tend to use forty millimeters Third generation grass and this is frequently fitted on top of a shockpad to really make the surface secure.We install a porous sub base when we have dug out the current surfacing. There’s two main types of sub base which is often fitted for a 3G facility: engineered and dynamic. An engineered sub base features compressed natural stone and then macadam above, making a firm foundation for a shockpad to get installed. This surfacing is infilled with rubber pieces and silica sand infill on a 3rd generation imitation surface. Because of infill, the surface’s performance qualities are increased.
3G Pitch Construction
The 3G sports pitch construction consists of rubber granules within. The athletes joints are secured with the aid of the rubberized granules – this stops damages to the people using the field. The turf fibers may also be kept up-right, because of the infill; this really makes the surface more comfortable and offers the individuals a far greater experience with the surface.The rates for a field installed will differ based upon a number of aspects including field sizes, specific location in addition to special features. In the UK, Third generation all-weather field are very popular. 3rd generation imitation grass can be used for competitive fixtures, because games don’t have to be cancelled resulting from poor weather conditions since the artificial turf generates an all-weather pitch. This could also enable physical education classes to carry on as standard. Due to the porosity of the facility, the area will not become flooded after a major problem of rainwater enabling institutions for example colleges to gain. Leisure clubs and sports teams also can use 3G pitches as line markings can be applied to build expert facilities allowing for numerous sports activities to be played out. Considering that the sport facilities can be utilized during any conditions, sports clubs and recreational centres will not lose earnings.
Many businesses will be able to produce extra revenue by hiring out their 3rd generation facility after working hours. Should you wish to include extra features including rebound fences, lighting and goal recesses we are able to aid accommodating these to your funds and requirements. There exists a variety of suppliers that we’re able to buy the man made turf from such as Playrite, Lano Sports and also Rhino Turf. We try to ensure that our clients obtain the best value for your money; this is possible since our distributors create requirements that fulfill with a selection of regulating body certifications. For information regarding sports surface maintenance, please click here.
Get in Touch
We specialise in the construction of a whole range of sports facilities including full sized artificial grass pitches, tennis courts and athletics tracks. We would love to discuss any enquiries or questions you have regarding specifications and installation of these facilities, please fill in our contact form and we will get back to you with some professional advice. If you would like to find out more about the products and services we can offer, head over to our website at https://www.softsurfaces.co.uk/ where you can see information about construction and maintenance of a whole host of facilities.
Do you think synthetic 3G sports pitches should be used more in sport?
Don’t hesitate to leave us a comment with your thoughts and share this post if you found it helpful!
You Might Also Like
Here are some artificial grass articles you might like:
- AGP, STP, ATP Long Pile Artificial Grass Pitches
- All Weather Pitch Sports Surfaces
- All weather pitches – Standing Water, Flooding, Poor Draining?
- Artificial Cricket Wicket Surfacing
- Artificial Football Surfaces Set To Return to English Football
- Artificial Grass Enquiry Process
- Artificial Grass Football 3G Pitch Costs
- Artificial Grass Installation in Swarkestone, Derby
- Artificial Grass Nationwide
- Artificial Grass Nursery Play Area Flooring
- Artificial Grass Vs Natural Garden Lawns
- Artificial Pitch Framework Contractors
- Astro Turf Sports Pitch Contractors
- Billions of Rubber Balls in Fake Grass – 3G, 4G, 5G, 6G Pitches?
- Black Rubber Crumb Top Up For Artificial Pitch
- Coating Of Synthetic MUGA Surfacing With Acrylic Coatings
- Coating Of Synthetic MUGAs Surfacing With Water Based Coatings
- Costs constructing All Weather Pitch
- FA Agree to 3G Technology Artificial Surfacing
- Flooding Astro Turf All Weather Pitch Needs Rejuvenation, Restoration Maintenance
- Golf Pathways Options, Products, Construction
- How Do I Apply For Grant Funds for a Play Area in the UK?
- How is Artificial Grass Installed?
- Innovation of 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th generation synthetic artificial pitch?
- IRB Type 22 Rugby Union Longer Piled Artificial Turf Pitches
- Lano Sports Drive 23 Sand Filled Synthetic Turf
- Lano Sports Interplay 40mm 3G Synthetic Turf
- Muddy Wet Fitness Trim Trail Surfacing Options?
- Play Area Safety Surfacing De Icer
- Playground Grass Mats Safer Flooring
- Proactive Maintenance To Artificial Sports Courts
- Profoot MXSi Lano Sports Artificial Specification
- Q26 IN SITU SYNTHETIC SURFACING
- Q26 SYNTHETIC GRASS SURFACING
- Reactive Maintenance To Astroturf All Weather Pitches
- Reasons Why All Weather Pitch Surfacing Gets Waterlogged and Flooded
- Repairing Synthetic Turf Sports Pitches
- RFU, RFL, IRB Sports Artificial Pitch Long Pile Synthetic Grass
- Rhino Turf
- Safety Surfacing for Fitness Trim Trail made from timber
- Sand Filled Synthetic Turf Pitch Costs
- Schools Deicer Surfacing Products – De Icer Frost Maintenance
- Shock Absorption Vertical Deformation Field Testing
- Specialists in Building Artificial Football Fields
- STP, ATP, MUGA 4G All Weather Pitches
- Synthetic 3G Soccer Sports Surface
- Synthetic Grass Sports Surface Rejuvenation
- Synthetic Grass Surfacing Options
- Synthetic sports pitches corrective maintenance services
- Synthetic Turf Football Field
- Synthetic Turf Football Field Installers
- Synthetic Turf Football Pitch Construction
- Synthetic Turf Football Pitch Contractors
- Synthetic Turf Pitch Ball Roll Tests
- Synthetic Turf Sports Fields
- Synthetic Turf Sports Pitch Construction
- Synthetic Turf Sports Pitch Contractors
- Synthetic turf Sports Surface Suppliers
- Synthetic turf Synthetic Soccer Sports Pitch
- Third Generation 3G Artificial Grass Sports Surfacing
- Touch Rugby Long Pile Synthetic Turf Pitches
- UNFILLED SYNTHETIC SPORTS TURF SURFACING
- Vertical Ball Rebound Bounce Sports Surfacing Tests
- Waterlogged Artificial Synthetic Turf Sports Pitches
- Waterlogged Synthetic All Weather Pitch Solutions
- What is Artificial Grass?
- Why Choose an Artificial Hockey Pitch?
- Why Choose Artificial Grass for Your Garden?
- Why is my synthetic all weather pitch holding water and flooding?
- 3G Sports Pitch Construction
- 3G, 4G, 5G, 6G Artificial Synthetic Grass Pitches Explanation
- 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th Generation Sports Pitches – Difference in Specification
- 4 Reasons Why Schools Have Artificial Grass
- 40mm Depth Longer Piled Synthetic Pitch Surfacing
- 4G Grass Football Pitch Sports Surfacing Synthetic Turf Carpet
- 4th Generation Synthetic Sport Surfacing
- 5 Reasons Why Your Artificial Grass May Have Melted
- 5-a-side Football Pitch 3G Artificial Grass Surfacing in Liverpool
- 5-a-side Football Pitch Construction with 3G Artificial Turf
- 5aside Football Long Pile Synthetic Turf Pitches
- 7 a side Soccer Long Pile Synthetic Grass Pitches