This week, our team visited Preston to complete an installation of resin bound gravel for Jaguar Land Rover. They were looking to have the surfacing installed to create a walkway around the perimeter of their car showroom.
The paving specification creates a decorative and porous finish which aids drainage and helps to prevent flooding. It’s popular for domestic driveways and commercial projects like this one. You will often find it in parks, visitor centres, outdoor attractions and many other places.
Installing the Paving
We began by mixing the chosen coloured stone with resin on site in our mixer. The client decided to have the beige colour as they felt it would suit the design they wanted. This is a popular colour of stone which we have installed on many previous projects. It’s commonly chosen for decorative outdoor pathways and domestic drives.
Once the mixture was fully combined, we began laying it out onto the desired area around the outside of the showroom. The surfacing was laid onto a prepared sub-base, ensuring a smooth and even finish. Our installers poured the stones and resin onto the base and hand trowelled it to achieve the correct depth. They worked through the whole area a small bit at a time until the whole walkway as covered.
After this part of the process is complete, the flooring needs to be left to cure and set properly. We would advise waiting 24 hours before walking or driving vehicles over this type of surface. We also offer this product for domestic driveways, visit this post to find more driveway ideas.
Finished Commercial Resin Bound Stone
The end result at JLR in Preston was an attractive and functional walkway which the client was very happy with. See a video of the work being completed here:
They also left a reference detailing their thoughts on the project as a whole:
‘Just writing to say what a marvellous job your operative did laying the resin bound paving at JLR Preston.
We hadn’t used this product before so were a bit nervous about ensuring it met the exacting standard that we knew JLR would require.
We shouldn’t have worried as the final result was perfect.
On our next JLR we wouldn’t hesitate to contact you again.’ – Nick Bell
We have carried out many installations of commercial resin bound gravel throughout the UK at various locations. Take a look at another recent resin gravel case study in Chorley to see a domestic driveway project we completed.
If you are interested in these products and would like to find out more, please contact us today. Our experts would be happy to discuss the prices and designs with you if you are looking to have an outdoor surface installed.
You Might Also Like
Here are some resin bound articles you might like:
- Chorley Resin Bound Gravel Driveway – Case Study
- Commercial Resin Bound Gravel Project in Preston – Case Study
- Domestic Driveway Paving Ideas
- Resin Bonded or Resin Bound Gravel?
- Resin Bound Driveway Paving
- Resin Bound Gravel / Stone Mixing & Application Guide
- Resin Bound Gravel / Stone Pre Installation Guide
- Resin Bound Gravel at Salford Royal Hospital, Greater Manchester
- Resin Bound Gravel Driveway Installation in Chorley, Lancashire
- Resin Bound Gravel Enquiry Process
- Resin Bound Gravel Installation at Bradford Academy, West Yorkshire
- Resin Bound Gravel Installation at Cheshire Oaks
- Resin Bound Gravel Installation in Birmingham, West Midlands
- Resin Bound Gravel Installation in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Resin Bound Gravel Installation in Wigan, Lancashire
- Resin Bound Gravel Manhole Covers
- Resin Bound Gravel Pathway in Chelmsford, Essex
- Resin Bound Gravel Pathway in Stockport, Greater Manchester
- Resin Bound Gravel Pathway in Warrington, Cheshire
- Resin Bound Installation in Childwall, Liverpool
- Resin Bound Installation in Glasgow, Scotland
- Resin Bound Installation in Ludlow, Shropshire
- Resin Bound Installers
- Resin Bound or Block Paving
- Resin Bound Rubber Crumb Sports Underlay Shockpad
- Resin Bound Rubber Mulch
- Resin Bound Rubberised Crumb 12 – 15mm Depth Shock Pad
- Resin Bound Stone Installation at Jaguar Land Rover, London
- Resin Bound Stone Installation at Liverpool FC
- Resin Bound Stone Installation in Festival Gardens, Liverpool
- Resin Bound Stone Installation in Greenwich, London
- Resin Bound Stone Installation in Manchester
- Resin Bound Stone Installation in Stamford Park, Tameside
- Resin Bound Stone Installation in Woking, Surrey
- Rhino Mulch Resin Bound Rubber Shred Surface
- Rubber Golf Pathway Installation in Prestbury
- SUDS Permeable Resin Bound Stone Footpath Paving
- What is Resin Bound Gravel?
- What is Self Binding Gravel?