When you choose to install a brand new artificial sports pitch for your school, college, club or leisure centre, it’s important that you explore all the options to ensure you get the best synthetic grass surfacing for the activities you want to play. There are a number of different specifications that we can offer to suit many sports including football, tennis, hockey and rugby. If you have any specific sports that you’d like to use the facility for, or if you want it to be suitable for all activities, we can help. Take a look at some of the different sport surfacing specifications we install:
3G Synthetic Grass Surfacing
The 3G artificial grass specification is the most advanced synthetic turf sport surfacing option and is commonly used for football and rugby pitches. A rubber infill layer is installed into a 3G synthetic pitch to give natural playing characteristics. This then helps to protect players’ joints and muscles from injuries during sport. The rubber granules are applied within the fibres of the pitch along with an application of silica. This is designed to create a stable and comfortable playing surface for training and competitive matches. Many schools and clubs throughout the UK choose to have this type of artificial turf flooring installed. This is often done to replace damaged and worn out natural grass pitches which may be unsafe and unsuitable for use.
2G Sand Filled Turf
The sand filled synthetic grass surfacing specification is a versatile surface type which can be used for multi sports such as football and hockey. This all weather pitch system has a layer of silica sand applied within the artificial turf fibres of the pitch surface. The infill helps to keep the fibres upright and promotes good playing characteristics. Sand filled artificial turf is a durable and long lasting pitch material. This is why it is very popular with schools and leisure centres where sports facilities have to withstand a lot of heavy use.
2G Sand Dressed Surfacing
The 2G sand dressed specification is very similar to the other 2G system as it has a layer of infill installed within the turf fibres. However there is only a thin layer of sand as these artificial pitch carpets tend to have a shorter pile height. These qualities make sand dressed sports pitches perfect for playing hockey. The short pile height allows the ball to glide smoothly across the surface and the turf fibres are kept stable.
Multisport Needlepunch Surface
The Multisport needlepunch sports pitch material is a durable and hard wearing surface option which is similar to the Playrite Matchplay 2 system. The curly yarn fibres make the needlepunch synthetic specification an ideal choice for multi use games areas and athletics track facilities. This fibre bonded synthetic grass surfacing is commonly installed at primary schools in the UK as it comes in a range of bright colours. It also provides a soft impact absorbing sport surface to prevent injuries. It can also be designed with different coloured squares and sections so the a number of activities can be done at the same time.
Alternatives to Artificial Grass Pitches
If you’re thinking of installing a multi use games area, but you don’t think a grass pitch would be right for the sports you want to play, there are some alternatives which provide great playing characteristics for activities like tennis, netball and basketball. Polymeric rubber and macadam court surfaces are very common in the UK as they are suitable for use in all weather conditions and provide excellent ball bounce capabilities for a number of different sports. Polymeric and macadam surfaces can have anti slip paint coatings and line markings applied in contrasting colours to distinguish between the sports you choose to play.
We install a wide variety of different sport surfacing options at various locations in the UK and we would be happy to discuss your enquiry with you. Please fill in the contact form on this page with as much detail as possible and we’ll get back to you with some information about pricing and quotes for your project. If you’d like to find out more about the synthetic grass surfacing options and services we provide, please take a look at our website at https://www.softsurfaces.co.uk/ where you can see details of surfaces, specifications and maintenance. Get in touch with us to discuss the costs for these different products and we’ll provide you with a quote as soon as possible.
If you found this post useful, please share it with your friends and if you have any questions don’t hesitate to leave us a comment below!
You Might Also Like
Here are some artificial grass articles you might like:
- AGP, STP, ATP Long Pile Artificial Grass Pitches
- All Weather Pitch Sports Surfaces
- All weather pitches – Standing Water, Flooding, Poor Draining?
- Artificial Cricket Wicket Surfacing
- Artificial Football Surfaces Set To Return to English Football
- Artificial Grass Daily Mile Track
- Artificial Grass Enquiry Process
- Artificial Grass Football 3G Pitch Costs
- Artificial Grass Installation in Swarkestone, Derby
- Artificial Grass Nationwide
- Artificial Grass Nursery Play Area Flooring
- Artificial Grass Vs Natural Garden Lawns
- Artificial Grass with Rubber Shockpad Installation in London
- Artificial Pitch Framework Contractors
- Astro Turf Sports Pitch Contractors
- Billions of Rubber Balls in Fake Grass – 3G, 4G, 5G, 6G Pitches?
- Black Rubber Crumb Top Up For Artificial Pitch
- Black Wetpour and Artificial Turf Installation in Harlow
- Coating Of Synthetic MUGA Surfacing With Acrylic Coatings
- Coating Of Synthetic MUGAs Surfacing With Water Based Coatings
- Costs constructing All Weather Pitch
- FA Agree to 3G Technology Artificial Surfacing
- Flooding Astro Turf All Weather Pitch Needs Rejuvenation, Restoration Maintenance
- Golf Pathways Options, Products, Construction
- How Do I Apply For Grant Funds for a Play Area in the UK?
- How is Artificial Grass Installed?
- Innovation of 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th generation synthetic artificial pitch?
- IRB Type 22 Rugby Union Longer Piled Artificial Turf Pitches
- Lano Sports Drive 23 Sand Filled Synthetic Turf
- Lano Sports Interplay 40mm 3G Synthetic Turf
- Muddy Wet Fitness Trim Trail Surfacing Options?
- Outdoor Artificial Grass Installation in Manchester
- Play Area Safety Surfacing De Icer
- Playground Grass Mats Safer Flooring
- Proactive Maintenance To Artificial Sports Courts
- Profoot MXSi Lano Sports Artificial Specification
- Q26 IN SITU SYNTHETIC SURFACING
- Q26 SYNTHETIC GRASS SURFACING
- Reactive Maintenance To Astroturf All Weather Pitches
- Reasons Why All Weather Pitch Surfacing Gets Waterlogged and Flooded
- Repairing Synthetic Turf Sports Pitches
- RFU, RFL, IRB Sports Artificial Pitch Long Pile Synthetic Grass
- Rhino Turf
- Rubber Playground and Artificial Grass Surfacing in Middlesbrough
- Safety Surfacing for Fitness Trim Trail made from timber
- Sand Filled Synthetic Turf Pitch Costs
- Schools Deicer Surfacing Products – De Icer Frost Maintenance
- Shock Absorption Vertical Deformation Field Testing
- Specialists in Building Artificial Football Fields
- STP, ATP, MUGA 4G All Weather Pitches
- Synthetic 3G Soccer Sports Surface
- Synthetic Grass Sports Surface Rejuvenation
- Synthetic Grass Surfacing Options
- Synthetic sports pitches corrective maintenance services
- Synthetic Turf Football Field
- Synthetic Turf Football Field Installers
- Synthetic Turf Football Pitch Construction
- Synthetic Turf Football Pitch Contractors
- Synthetic Turf Pitch Ball Roll Tests
- Synthetic Turf Sports Fields
- Synthetic Turf Sports Pitch Construction
- Synthetic Turf Sports Pitch Contractors
- Synthetic turf Sports Surface Suppliers
- Synthetic turf Synthetic Soccer Sports Pitch
- Third Generation 3G Artificial Grass Sports Surfacing
- Touch Rugby Long Pile Synthetic Turf Pitches
- UNFILLED SYNTHETIC SPORTS TURF SURFACING
- Vertical Ball Rebound Bounce Sports Surfacing Tests
- Waterlogged Artificial Synthetic Turf Sports Pitches
- Waterlogged Synthetic All Weather Pitch Solutions
- Wetpour and Artificial Grass Installation at Hillview Hospital
- Wetpour and Artificial Grass Installation in Coventry, West Midlands
- What is Artificial Grass?
- Why Choose an Artificial Hockey Pitch?
- Why Choose Artificial Grass for Your Garden?
- Why is my synthetic all weather pitch holding water and flooding?
- 3G Sports Pitch Construction
- 3G, 4G, 5G, 6G Artificial Synthetic Grass Pitches Explanation
- 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th Generation Sports Pitches – Difference in Specification
- 4 Reasons Why Schools Have Artificial Grass
- 40mm Depth Longer Piled Synthetic Pitch Surfacing
- 4G Grass Football Pitch Sports Surfacing Synthetic Turf Carpet
- 4th Generation Synthetic Sport Surfacing
- 5 Reasons Why Your Artificial Grass May Have Melted
- 5-a-side Football Pitch 3G Artificial Grass Surfacing in Liverpool
- 5-a-side Football Pitch Construction with 3G Artificial Turf
- 5aside Football Long Pile Synthetic Turf Pitches
- 7 a side Soccer Long Pile Synthetic Grass Pitches