Polymeric Long Jump Essex
If you are looking for a professional athletics finish, the polymeric rubberised surface is the perfect option. The rubber shockpad and coloured EPDM finish provides an excellent base for running and jumping.
Polymeric long jump facilities can often be found in:
- Sports /Athletics Clubs
The rubberised all weather surface enables year round use and prevents being governed by the conditions. The natural free draining nature of the surface makes it perfectly suited for use in the UK.
Polymeric Long Jump Installation in Essex
Please read transcription below:
00:07 Hi guys. It’s Dan here and today we’re just going to be looking at a Polymeric Long Jump installation we carried out in the Essex area. So on the first photos here you can see that the old surface was completely water logged, basically rendering it completely unusable for the school, for the kids at the school.
00:20 So prior to us really carrying out any long jump works we kind of just had to remove what was already there. These photos kind of show that. We’ve dug it up completely, giving us the ability to kind of carry out the rest of the works and in doing this, it then allowed us to install the PCC edging, which is the pre-cast concrete edging, and as you can see from that there, that kind of gives us an idea of where to edge up to for our polymeric surface that we’re going to be installing.
00:42 Once that’s finished we then fit the take-off boards, which are essentially the place where the kind of jump off into the sandpit of the long jump facility. After that the polymeric surface itself is installed, which is a fantastic product because it’s porous, which basically means it can be used completely all year around and then finally the anti-slip colour coating which really brings out the colour of the product is then fitted.
01:02 That’s it guys. If you want to see any more videos related to long jump installations in Essex, make sure to check out my channel and check us out at https://www.softsurfaces.co.uk.
Polymeric Long Jump Installation Process
The existing long jump was in major need of a revamp and had become unusable due to the uneven levels and sharp stones on the surface. It was also prone to waterlogging which wasn’t helped by the compacted mud on which it has been built.
Installation of Long Jump Sub Base
We started the process by excavating to the required depth and installing a specialist porous stone sub base which aids drainage and structurally supports the final surface. This also included the installation of precast concrete edges in order to increase the lifespan of the surface.
Installation of specialist porous stone and edges to aid drainage and support the polymeric surface.
The PCC edges add to the structural integrity of the facility and ensure that it is long lasting. It is important that all our installations last the test of time and therefore we always ensure that we make the right material choices. The take off boards are positioned and fixed into place before the final surface is installed. We can provide fixed or recessed take off boards in order to increase the usability of the area.
Installation of Rubber Shockpad Base
Installation of a black rubber base in preparation for the final coloured EPDM layer.
Once the sub base and edges are installed and the take off boards in place, a rubber base is goes down in preparation for the final polymeric rubber athletics Surface. All materials used are porous to aid drainage and ensure the long jump can be used in all weathers. The free draining nature also allows the surface to be laid completely flat, ensuring that it is fit for purpose.
Polymeric Track For Long/Triple Jump
The final layer of EPDM rubberised surface in terracotta red (track red) which is a traditional colour for UK athletics surfaces which offers an extremely professional looking finish.
Polymeric athletics surface installed in traditional terracotta red for a professional finish.
The numbered multi lane design is a great way of splitting the facility up so it can be used by multiple users at the same time. This is very important for schools with larger classes and also to speed up proceedings at sports day.
- Astro Turf Sports Pitch Contractors
- Athletics Landing Sand Pit Covers
- Athletics Surfacing Specification Options
- Athletics Track Maintenance
- Athletics Track Surfacing
- Benefits of Athletics for Schools
- Benefits of Trim Trails for Physical Development
- Costs to Build a Compact Athletics Facility
- Costs to Construct Triple Jump Athletics Facility
- Javelin Runway Distance, Length, Dimensions
- Long Jump Facility Installations in Essex
- Long Jump Pit Construction in Stockport, Manchester
- Long Jump Pit Installation in Edinburgh, Scotland
- Long Jump Run Up Construction Specialists
- Long Jump Runway
- Long Jump Runway and High Jump Fan Installation in Derby
- Long Jump Runway Construction in Somerset
- Long Jump Runway Installation in Chorley Lancashire
- Long Jump Runway Installation in Colchester Essex
- Long Jump Runway Installation in Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Long Jump Surface Construction Athletics Track Costs
- Long Jump Track With Sand Pit Construction in Slough, Berkshire
- Long/Triple Jump Runway Design
- Multi Lane Polymeric Long Jump Construction in St Albans
- Multi Lane Polymeric Long Jump Construction in St Albans, Hertfordshire
- Multisport Installation in Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
- Multisport Long Jump Construction in Buckinghamshire
- Multisport Long Jump Construction in Norwich
- MultiSport Long Jump Installation at a School in Essex
- MultiSport Long Jump Pit Installation in Coventry
- MultiSport Long Jump Pit Installation in Preston
- Multisport Long Jump Pit Installation in Preston, Lancashire
- Multisport Long Jump With Practice Lane in Leicester
- Multisport Long Jump with practice Lane Install in Leicester
- Multisport Runway Installation in Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
- Multisport Synthetic High Jump Installation in Berkshire
- Multisport Synthetic Long Jump in Wigan, Greater Manchester
- Multisport Synthetic Long Jump Installation in Oxford
- MultiSport Synthetic Surface Install in Oxford
- Pole Vault Run Up Surfacing
- Pole Vault Runway Construction
- Polymeric Long Jump Essex
- Polymeric Long Jump Pit Construction in Glasgow
- Polymeric Long Jump Pit Construction in Leeds, West Yorkshire
- Polymeric Long Jump Pit Installation in Liverpool, Merseyside
- Polymeric Long Jump Runway in Birmingham, West Midlands
- Polymeric Surface Long Jump Installation in Cardiff, Wales
- Polymeric Surface Long Jump Runway in Kettering, Northamptonshire
- Rake for Maintaining Long Jump Sandpit
- Rubber Mulch Daily Mile Track at a School in Manchester
- Rubber Mulch Daily Mile Track Installation in Leeds
- School Athletics Track Designs
- Schools Get Active With Outdoor Learning
- Schools Recreational Long Jump Runway Length
- Synthetic Long Jump Athletics Track Construction in Peterborough
Athletics Long Jump Surfaces in the UK
For more information on polymeric athletics long jump facilities along with other surface options, please get in touch using the contact form and we will be happy to offer some professional advice.
You can also find more information in relation to different types on our Long Jump Runway page.