Costs to Build a Synthetic Clay Tennis Court
Building a synthetic clay tennis court is a great option for clubs and organisations who want the feel and characteristics of natural clay when playing tennis but without the mess and heavy maintenance.
Lots of professional tennis players choose to train on clay courts over any other tennis surface as it gives the most comfortable playing qualities and makes it easier to develop your skills. Due to the costs and maintenance requirements of natural clay sport surfacing, there are very few of these facilities in the UK however synthetic clay tennis court construction provide a more cost-effective alternative.
Synthetic Clay Tennis Court Design
The reason that many tennis players enjoy playing on clay courts is that this surface type provides excellent support for the joints and muscles, meaning that game play is more comfortable and the risk of injury is reduced. Clay court surfacing also helps to slow the ball down, meaning that rallies are longer and there is more opportunity to practise and improve different skills. Synthetic clay tennis courts can offer all of these favourable performance qualities but without the time consuming and costly maintenance which comes with natural clay.
The artificial clay court system works with a synthetic sports carpet and a layer of sand, these two components work together to create playing characteristics which are identical to real clay courts.
The coloured terracotta yarn is designed to look just the same as natural clay court surfacing and the sand is put through a baking process to match the bright orange colour of the carpet. This baking process is much more effective than the typical dying of the sand which takes place with other specifications as it is much more UV stable and will not fade over time in the sunlight.
When the sand is coloured using a dye, this can cause the artificial colour to rub off and leave stains on players’ clothes, this does not happen when the terracotta colour is achieved through the alternative baking process.
All Weather Sport Surface
Unlike natural clay, the synthetic clay tennis court surfacing system is completely porous to allow excellent water drainage in wet conditions. This means that the court will not flood or become unusable if it rains, making it a great all weather facility that can be utilised all year round. The durability and versatility of artificial clay makes it a very cost effective surface type and it can even be installed over an existing macadam court which might have been damaged or become unusable.
Once the initial installation is complete, maintaining a synthetic clay tennis court is relatively simple compared to the work which goes into looking after natural clay surfacing. Where the real clay courts require grooming and watering every day, simply drag brushing and redistributing the sand of an artificial court on a regular basis is enough to keep up the top playing qualities.
These artificial clay tennis facilities are ITF approved with a court pace 2 medium/slow classification so you can be sure that members of your club can develop their skills on a top quality sports surface. The performance qualities and low maintenance requirements make synthetic clay court specifications ideal for organisations which want the best facilities but may not have the budget to carry out heavy work in maintaining the surface.
Your Clay Court Project
The costs of installing an artificial clay tennis court can vary for each project depending on the area size, location and access to site, a personalised quote can be tailored to suit your individual requirements. If you’d like to know more about the specification and installation of a synthetic clay tennis court, please use our contact form to tell us as much information as possible about your enquiry.
One of our experienced team members will get in touch to offer you some professional advice regarding pricing and construction works. To read more about the other sports and play surfaces we install, you can have a look at our website at https://www.softsurfaces.co.uk/ which explains all of our products and services.
Have you ever played on a synthetic clay tennis court? What did you think of it? Tell us your views on this topic in the comments below and don’t forget to ask any questions you may have!
- 3 Reasons to Build Dual Use MUGA Ball Court
- 3g 5-a-Side Football Pitch Installation in Hampshire
- 3G Artificial Grass Construction in Liverpool
- 3g Artificial Pitch Surfacing in Whitehall, London
- 3g Artificial Sports Pitch Construction in Woking, Surrey
- 3g Artificial Sports Pitch Resurfacing Contractors
- 3G Artificial Sports Pitch Resurfacing in Woking, Surrey
- 3g Football Pitch Resurfacing in Cheltenham Gloucestershire
- 3g Football Pitch Resurfacing in Hackney, London
- 3g Grass Installation in Bournemouth, Dorset
- 3g Grass Pitch Installation in Bradford, Yorkshire
- 3g Pitch Construction in Birmingham, West Midlands
- 3G Sports Pitch Construction
- 3g, 4g, 5g, 6g Artificial Synthetic Grass Pitches Explanation
- 5 Reasons Why Your Artificial Grass May Have Melted
- 5-a-Side Football Pitch 3g Artificial Grass Surfacing in Liverpool
- 5-a-Side Football Pitch Construction With 3g Artificial Turf
- 60mm Thick Long Pile Synthetic Turf All Weather Sports Pitches
- Acrylic Sports Court Spraying Anti Slip Paint Surface
- Adidas Polymeric Installation in Keir Hardie, London
- All Purpose Sports Pitch Builders
- All Weather Pitch Sports Surfaces
- Anti Slip Sports Court Painting in Preston, Lancashire
- Artificial Cricket Wicket Surfacing
- Benefits of 3g Sports Pitches
- Benefits of Artificial Clay Tennis Court Surfacing
- Billions of Rubber Balls in Fake Grass – 3g, 4g, 5g, 6g Pitches?
- Cleaning and Painting of a Tennis Surface in Manchester
- Costs to Build a Synthetic Clay Tennis Court
- Deep Cleaning Astroturf Sports Surfacing Maintenance
- Fibre Bonded Needlepunch Sport Surfacing
- Flooded Hockey Pitch Sand Infill Cleaning
- Floodlight All Weather Sports Pitch
- Golf Pathways
- How to Maintain a 3g Pitch in Winter
- Lano Sports Drive 23 Sand Filled Synthetic Turf
- Leeds Tennis Court Cleaning and Repainting Surfacing
- MUGA Sports Court Cleaning and Painting at a school in Oxfordshire
- Multi Lane Polymeric Long Jump Construction in St Albans
- Multisport Long Jump Construction in Buckinghamshire
- MultiSport Long Jump Installation at a School in Essex
- MultiSport Long Jump Pit Installation in Coventry
- MultiSport Long Jump Pit Installation in Preston
- Multisport Long Jump with practice Lane Install in Leicester
- Multisport Runway Installation in Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
- Multisport Synthetic Long Jump Installation in Oxford
- MultiSport Synthetic Surface Install in Oxford
- Netball Court Construction in Stockport
- Outdoor Basketball Court Sports Surfaces
- Outdoor Football Court Sports Surfaces
- Outdoor Sports Surface Clean & Paint in Glasgow
- Outdoor Sports Surfacing Slip Tester Insitu Testing
- Padel Tennis Court Construction Contractors
- Padel Tennis Court Surfacing Installers
- Polymeric Resurfacing in Woking, Surrey
- Polymeric Surface Basketball Court Installation in Cheadle, Cheshire
- Practice Cage Cricket Wicket Surfaces
- Professional Tennis Court Painting
- Reasons Why All Weather Pitch Surfacing Gets Waterlogged and Flooded
- Refurbishment of Run Down Netball Courts
- Repairing Synthetic Turf Sports Pitches
- Residential Tennis Court Clean & Paint in Coventry
- Rubber Golf Pathway Installation in Prestbury
- Rubber Mulch Daily Mile Track at a School in Manchester
- Rubber Playground and Artificial Grass Surfacing in Middlesbrough
- Sand Filled Synthetic Turf Pitch Costs
- School All Weather MUGA Pitches
- Should You Clean or Resurface Your Tennis Court?
- Size of 5 a Side Court MUGA
- Size of Netball Court Sports MUGAs
- Spending Your Sport Premium Funding
- Sports Court Anti Slip Painting in Leicester
- Sports Court Cleaning and Painting in Preston
- Sports Court Cleaning and Painting in Sheffield
- Sports court cleaning and painting in Sheffield, Yorkshire
- Sports Court Designs
- Sports Court Maintenance in Fleetwood, Lancashire
- Sports Facility Maintenance
- Sports Fencing
- Sports Pitch Specification
- Sports Pitch Surfacing
- Sports Surface Colour Coating in High Peak
- Sports Surface Construction
- Sports Surfacing Clean and Paint in Southport
- Sports Surfacing Rejuvenation Maintenance Golborne
- Sports-Cote Court Binder and Aggregate Rich Acrylic Non Slip Paint
- Synthetic AGP Sports Surfacing Maintenance
- Synthetic Turf Football Field
- Synthetic Turf Football Field Installers
- Synthetic Turf Installation in Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire
- Synthetic Turf Pitch Ball Roll Tests
- Synthetic Turf Tennis Court Installation in London
- Tennis Court Clean & Paint Maintenance in York
- Tennis Court Cleaning and Repainting in Sheffield
- Tennis Court Construction
- Tennis Court Maintenance – Deep Clean and Recolouring
- Tennis Court Maintenance in Woking, Surrey
- Tennis Court Surfacing Maintenance in Yorkshire
- Tennis Court Surfacing Rejuvenation in Newcastle
- Tennis Court Synthetic Turf Cleaning Maintenance
- Tennis Courts Refurbishment Maintenance Lancashire
- Third Generation 3g Artificial Grass Sports Surfacing
- Unfilled Synthetic Sports Turf Surfacing
- Waterlogged Synthetic All Weather Pitch Solutions
- Wetpour Sports Court Flooring in Dartmouth, Devon
- Wetpour Swimming Pool Surround Install in London
- Why Choose an Artificial Hockey Pitch?