Benefits of Artificial Clay Tennis Court Surfacing
ClayCourt Pro is the premium artificial clay tennis court surface specification with all the playing characteristics of natural clay but without all the heavy and costly maintenance requirements.
The system used is ITF approved category 2 medium/slow pace. So what are the advantages of ClayCourt Pro artificial clay tennis courts?
- Looks like natural clay tennis court surfaces with the same colour infill used and ball marks visible making it aesthetically appealing on the eye.
- Slides like natural clay surfacing which is crucial as part of the design in this innovative ClayCourt Pro product because creating the perfect sliding specification is paramount to clay surfaces.
- Plays like natural clay tennis courts as it provides the surface speed, bounce and player comfort tennis players expect from a clay tennis surface.
- ITF category 2 endorsed artificial clay tennis court surface specification stimulates natural clay and has been tested to meet the ITF classified court pace 2 medium/slow.
- An unbound surface resulting in less muscle stress which is great for tennis players because it reduces the risk of injuries which are linked with hard-surfaced courts.
- Low maintenance surfacing which is key as it makes the sustainability of the courts easier and helps to lower the overall costs of running the facility.
- All weather surface and the porous system prevents the limitations that cushioned acrylic surfaces, natural clay surfacing or natural grass with varying climate conditions. The ClayCourt Pro has been designed to not compact and its rapid drainage qualities allow play to commence during all weather conditions without the surface being affected.
- A consistent year-round playing surface as the artificial clay tennis court material is made up of two components which are synthetic carpet and sand infill.
- Suitability for all indoor tennis requirements as during the design process of the premium ClayCourt Pro we had to consider both indoor and outdoor usage so as the specification is sand infilled then it does not need to be watered and unlike the sliding on natural clay this specification creates no dust from the players sliding.
- Line markings are inlaid to the artificial clay tennis courts making this element maintenance free and therefore saving tennis clubs on the heavy maintenance costs compared to natural clay surfacing.
- No watering and no dust is a big advantage because this eliminates the high irrigation costs of regularly having the tennis courts watered to enable first class playability. As the synthetic clay courts are sand infilled this means the no dust element is great for indoor clubs.
Historically clay tennis courts have been referred to as very expensive on the running costs and require extensive maintenance procedures compared to other tennis court surfacing specifications to enable first-class play. However the ClayCourt Pro innovative artificial clay tennis court specification now gives all clubs a totally different angle. This is because clay surfacing is a premium tennis flooring option and your club can’t afford not to have one with this statistic below transforming your players into champions:-
88 percent – The percent of top 10 players who learned to play on clay
12 percent – The percentage of top 10 players who learned to play on hard court
Now we have explained the advantages of artificial clay tennis courts you could ask the question why ClayCourt Pro as opposed to other specifications? Well ClayCourt Pro has been designed over a number of years and the synthetic carpet is a curly yarn which we feel is a premium system as it allows the sand to be encapsulated within the fibres, this adds stability and accurate levels to the overall playing surface.
The sand infill used is terracotta colour to match natural clay and this is produced by an intense heating and baking process which bakes the sand grains to replicate the accurate colour. This process is much higher quality than colour coating because it ensures the retention of its colour and gives great UV stability for the finished product.
Baking the sand to give the brightly coloured appearance is a much better method than dying it as no colour will come off and permanently stain clothes which can often happen with the dyed sand. The sand specification is also carefully selected as it offers a load bearing capability, provides slip resistance and the shape of the sand grains aids drainage values helping the surface to drain rapidly so the all-weather clay courts are playable all year round.
Below you can see a video of our team installing a synthetic clay surface from start to finish:
If you think a brand new artificial clay tennis court would be right for your club, or you have an existing court which needs a makeover, please let us know by filling in our enquiry form. We’ll reply back to you with some information regarding costs and quotes for the installation or resurfacing of a synthetic clay tennis court facility.
You can also find out more about the other products and services we have on offer by visiting our website at https://www.softsurfaces.co.uk/ which has examples of the work we carry out all over the UK.
Don’t forget to share this post with your friends if you thought it was useful, and leave a comment if you’ve got any questions!
- 3 Reasons to Build Dual Use MUGA Ball Court
- 3g 5-a-Side Football Pitch Installation in Hampshire
- 3G Artificial Grass Construction in Liverpool
- 3g Artificial Pitch Surfacing in Whitehall, London
- 3g Artificial Sports Pitch Construction in Woking, Surrey
- 3g Artificial Sports Pitch Resurfacing Contractors
- 3G Artificial Sports Pitch Resurfacing in Woking, Surrey
- 3g Football Pitch Resurfacing in Cheltenham Gloucestershire
- 3g Football Pitch Resurfacing in Hackney, London
- 3g Grass Installation in Bournemouth, Dorset
- 3g Grass Pitch Installation in Bradford, Yorkshire
- 3g Pitch Construction in Birmingham, West Midlands
- 3G Sports Pitch Construction
- 3g, 4g, 5g, 6g Artificial Synthetic Grass Pitches Explanation
- 5 Reasons Why Your Artificial Grass May Have Melted
- 5-a-Side Football Pitch 3g Artificial Grass Surfacing in Liverpool
- 5-a-Side Football Pitch Construction With 3g Artificial Turf
- 60mm Thick Long Pile Synthetic Turf All Weather Sports Pitches
- Acrylic Sports Court Spraying Anti Slip Paint Surface
- Adidas Polymeric Installation in Keir Hardie, London
- All Purpose Sports Pitch Builders
- All Weather Pitch Sports Surfaces
- Anti Slip Sports Court Painting in Preston, Lancashire
- Artificial Cricket Wicket Surfacing
- Benefits of 3g Sports Pitches
- Benefits of Artificial Clay Tennis Court Surfacing
- Billions of Rubber Balls in Fake Grass – 3g, 4g, 5g, 6g Pitches?
- Cleaning and Painting of a Tennis Surface in Manchester
- Costs to Build a Synthetic Clay Tennis Court
- Deep Cleaning Astroturf Sports Surfacing Maintenance
- Fibre Bonded Needlepunch Sport Surfacing
- Flooded Hockey Pitch Sand Infill Cleaning
- Floodlight All Weather Sports Pitch
- Golf Pathways
- How to Maintain a 3g Pitch in Winter
- Lano Sports Drive 23 Sand Filled Synthetic Turf
- Leeds Tennis Court Cleaning and Repainting Surfacing
- MUGA Sports Court Cleaning and Painting at a school in Oxfordshire
- Multi Lane Polymeric Long Jump Construction in St Albans
- Multisport Long Jump Construction in Buckinghamshire
- MultiSport Long Jump Installation at a School in Essex
- MultiSport Long Jump Pit Installation in Coventry
- MultiSport Long Jump Pit Installation in Preston
- Multisport Long Jump with practice Lane Install in Leicester
- Multisport Runway Installation in Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
- Multisport Synthetic Long Jump Installation in Oxford
- MultiSport Synthetic Surface Install in Oxford
- Netball Court Construction in Stockport
- Outdoor Basketball Court Sports Surfaces
- Outdoor Football Court Sports Surfaces
- Outdoor Sports Surface Clean & Paint in Glasgow
- Outdoor Sports Surfacing Slip Tester Insitu Testing
- Padel Tennis Court Construction Contractors
- Padel Tennis Court Surfacing Installers
- Polymeric Resurfacing in Woking, Surrey
- Polymeric Surface Basketball Court Installation in Cheadle, Cheshire
- Practice Cage Cricket Wicket Surfaces
- Professional Tennis Court Painting
- Reasons Why All Weather Pitch Surfacing Gets Waterlogged and Flooded
- Refurbishment of Run Down Netball Courts
- Repairing Synthetic Turf Sports Pitches
- Residential Tennis Court Clean & Paint in Coventry
- Rubber Golf Pathway Installation in Prestbury
- Rubber Mulch Daily Mile Track at a School in Manchester
- Rubber Playground and Artificial Grass Surfacing in Middlesbrough
- Sand Filled Synthetic Turf Pitch Costs
- School All Weather MUGA Pitches
- Should You Clean or Resurface Your Tennis Court?
- Size of 5 a Side Court MUGA
- Size of Netball Court Sports MUGAs
- Spending Your Sport Premium Funding
- Sports Court Anti Slip Painting in Leicester
- Sports Court Cleaning and Painting in Preston
- Sports Court Cleaning and Painting in Sheffield
- Sports court cleaning and painting in Sheffield, Yorkshire
- Sports Court Designs
- Sports Court Maintenance in Fleetwood, Lancashire
- Sports Facility Maintenance
- Sports Fencing
- Sports Pitch Specification
- Sports Pitch Surfacing
- Sports Surface Colour Coating in High Peak
- Sports Surface Construction
- Sports Surfacing Clean and Paint in Southport
- Sports Surfacing Rejuvenation Maintenance Golborne
- Sports-Cote Court Binder and Aggregate Rich Acrylic Non Slip Paint
- Synthetic AGP Sports Surfacing Maintenance
- Synthetic Turf Football Field
- Synthetic Turf Football Field Installers
- Synthetic Turf Installation in Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire
- Synthetic Turf Pitch Ball Roll Tests
- Synthetic Turf Tennis Court Installation in London
- Tennis Court Clean & Paint Maintenance in York
- Tennis Court Cleaning and Repainting in Sheffield
- Tennis Court Construction
- Tennis Court Maintenance – Deep Clean and Recolouring
- Tennis Court Maintenance in Woking, Surrey
- Tennis Court Surfacing Maintenance in Yorkshire
- Tennis Court Surfacing Rejuvenation in Newcastle
- Tennis Court Synthetic Turf Cleaning Maintenance
- Tennis Courts Refurbishment Maintenance Lancashire
- Third Generation 3g Artificial Grass Sports Surfacing
- Unfilled Synthetic Sports Turf Surfacing
- Waterlogged Synthetic All Weather Pitch Solutions
- Wetpour Sports Court Flooring in Dartmouth, Devon
- Wetpour Swimming Pool Surround Install in London
- Why Choose an Artificial Hockey Pitch?