Leeds Tennis Court Cleaning and Repainting Surfacing
One of our most popular services throughout the summer is tennis court cleaning and repainting. This is carried out on hard surfaces such as macadam and polymeric rubber which have become dirty or contaminated.
When leaves, litter and other dirt fall onto the tennis court they can stick. This blocks up the porous layers of the surface makes it hold water. If you don’t apply correct maintenance, the blockages can cause further problems as water will be unable to drain away.
The build-up of dirty water leads to contamination from moss and algae which can make the surface slippery and only increases the drainage problems.
Tennis Court Cleaning and Repainting
Our specialist installers recently completed a tennis court cleaning and repainting project at a facility in Leeds. The macadam court surface had become dirty and worn out due to a lack of proactive sports court maintenance over time. This meant that the tennis facility was unsuitable for use as it was slippery and the line markings had faded.
We began the tennis court cleaning process by jet washing the macadam surface. For this, our team use a specialist solution to remove the dirt and contaminants. For this process, the pressure washer is applied to the court at an angle to ensure all sides of the macadam stones are thoroughly cleaned.
When completing a tennis court cleaning and repainting job, it is vital to get the existing surface completely clean before applying any new paint. This is very important because if any moss or dirt is on the flooring when we apply the colour coating, the paint will stick to this debris rather than the court surface itself. Check out this post if you are unsure whether your court needs a resurface or just a simple clean and paint.
When the work is initially complete this might not be noticeable. However, over time when the dirt comes off the surface, the paint will peel off as well. You will then have a tennis court that has an uneven and patchy appearance. This is why our specialist team always carry out thorough cleaning and maintenance before the repainting begins.
Sports Surface Painting
Once the cleaning process was complete, our installers could then move on to the professional tennis court repainting. This particular client in Leeds chose to have their macadam tennis court surface painted in purple and green with white line-markings.
The main playing area of the court was painted in purple and the outer runoff area was painted in green. We use a specialist anti-slip acrylic paint specification which holds a mixture of sand and aluminium oxide to create greater traction on the surface.
This enhances the performance qualities due to the added slip resistance, making for a more comfortable and enjoyable experience for players. Clear line markings were also applied to meet accurate tennis court dimensions which ensures the facility can be used in competitive matches and events.
As specialist contractors, we offer a premium sports painting service. This includes two coats of anti-slip acrylic paint to give the most long-lasting and durable finish. Once this project was complete, the final result was a huge improvement from the existing tennis court surface. Both the appearance and the playing qualities are now much better. The client can enjoy their tennis court for recreational use and matches throughout the year.
The video below shows the full process of tennis court cleaning and repainting for this project in Leeds:
The final court now offers much better playing qualities and has a vibrant design. This is one of many similar projects that we complete each year for domestic clients as well as schools and clubs. It’s important to carry out regular maintenance of these facilities to ensure they stay safe throughout the year.
Many of our clients choose to apply additional line markings to the area for more sports. This turns the facility into a multi-use games area for activities like basketball and netball as well.
We have plenty of experience as sports and play surfacing contractors with projects throughout the UK. If you are looking for tennis court cleaning and repainting services to renovate an existing facility, look no further. Please fill in our contact form with the details of your enquiry. A member of our team will then reply back to you with some professional advice.
Find Out More
We can offer information with regards to maintenance requirements, costs for the work, and paint coating designs. Each of the projects we complete is different and every client can choose a bespoke paint coating. We have a range of colours available so you can customise the appearance. You can find out more about the other products and services we can provide by taking a look at our website here – https://www.softsurfaces.co.uk/ which shows case studies, videos and images of all of our work.
Thank you for reading our blog post! If you enjoyed it, please share it with your friends and leave a comment below. If you’d like to ask us a question on tennis court cleaning and repainting we’ll be happy to answer.
- 3 Reasons to Build Dual Use MUGA Ball Court
- 3g 5-a-Side Football Pitch Installation in Hampshire
- 3G Artificial Grass Construction in Liverpool
- 3g Artificial Pitch Surfacing in Whitehall, London
- 3g Artificial Sports Pitch Construction in Woking, Surrey
- 3g Artificial Sports Pitch Resurfacing Contractors
- 3G Artificial Sports Pitch Resurfacing in Woking, Surrey
- 3g Football Pitch Resurfacing in Cheltenham Gloucestershire
- 3g Football Pitch Resurfacing in Hackney, London
- 3g Grass Installation in Bournemouth, Dorset
- 3g Grass Pitch Installation in Bradford, Yorkshire
- 3g Pitch Construction in Birmingham, West Midlands
- 3G Sports Pitch Construction
- 3g, 4g, 5g, 6g Artificial Synthetic Grass Pitches Explanation
- 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th Generation Sports Pitches – Difference in Specification
- 40mm Depth Longer Piled Synthetic Pitch Surfacing
- 5 Reasons Why Your Artificial Grass May Have Melted
- 5-a-Side Football Pitch 3g Artificial Grass Surfacing in Liverpool
- 5-a-Side Football Pitch Construction With 3g Artificial Turf
- 60mm Thick Long Pile Synthetic Turf All Weather Sports Pitches
- 7 a Side Soccer Long Pile Synthetic Grass Pitches
- Acrylic Sports Court Spraying Anti Slip Paint Surface
- Adidas Polymeric Installation in Keir Hardie, London
- All Purpose Sports Pitch Builders
- All Weather Pitch Sports Surfaces
- Anti Slip Sports Court Painting in Preston, Lancashire
- Artificial Cricket Wicket Surfacing
- Benefits of 3g Sports Pitches
- Benefits of Artificial Clay Tennis Court Surfacing
- Billions of Rubber Balls in Fake Grass – 3g, 4g, 5g, 6g Pitches?
- Cleaning and Painting of a Tennis Surface in Manchester
- Costs Constructing All Weather Pitch
- Costs to Build a Synthetic Clay Tennis Court
- Deep Cleaning Astroturf Sports Surfacing Maintenance
- Fibre Bonded Needlepunch Sport Surfacing
- Flooded Hockey Pitch Sand Infill Cleaning
- Flooding Astro Turf All Weather Pitch Needs Rejuvenation, Restoration Maintenance
- Floodlight All Weather Sports Pitch
- Floodlit Sports Surface Restoration Upgrade
- Golf Pathways
- How to Maintain a 3g Pitch in Winter
- Independent Sport Flooring Tests to BSEN 13036-4
- Innovation of 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th Generation Synthetic Artificial Pitch?
- Lano Sports Drive 23 Sand Filled Synthetic Turf
- Leeds Tennis Court Cleaning and Repainting Surfacing
- MUGA Sports Court Cleaning and Painting at a school in Oxfordshire
- Multi Lane Polymeric Long Jump Construction in St Albans
- Multisport Long Jump Construction in Buckinghamshire
- MultiSport Long Jump Installation at a School in Essex
- MultiSport Long Jump Pit Installation in Coventry
- MultiSport Long Jump Pit Installation in Preston
- Multisport Long Jump with practice Lane Install in Leicester
- Multisport Runway Installation in Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
- Multisport Synthetic Long Jump Installation in Oxford
- MultiSport Synthetic Surface Install in Oxford
- Netball Court Construction in Stockport
- Outdoor Basketball Court Sports Surfaces
- Outdoor Football Court Sports Surfaces
- Outdoor Sports Surface Clean & Paint in Glasgow
- Outdoor Sports Surfacing Slip Tester Insitu Testing
- Padel Tennis Court Construction Contractors
- Padel Tennis Court Surfacing Installers
- Polymeric Resurfacing in Woking, Surrey
- Polymeric Surface Basketball Court Installation in Cheadle, Cheshire
- Practice Cage Cricket Wicket Surfaces
- Professional Tennis Court Painting
- Profoot MSI Lano Sports Artificial Specification
- Q26 Special Surfacing/Pavings for Sport/General Amenity
- Reasons Why All Weather Pitch Surfacing Gets Waterlogged and Flooded
- Recreational Basketball MUGA Sports Pitch
- Recreational Mini Tennis MUGA Sports Pitch
- Refurbishment of Run Down Netball Courts
- Repairing Synthetic Turf Sports Pitches
- Residential Tennis Court Clean & Paint in Coventry
- Rubber Golf Pathway Installation in Prestbury
- Rubber Mulch Daily Mile Track at a School in Manchester
- Rubber Playground and Artificial Grass Surfacing in Middlesbrough
- Rubberised Sbr Mixed Insitu With Pu Binder on Sports Surface Shockpads
- Sand Filled MUGA Surfacing
- Sand Filled Synthetic Turf Pitch Costs
- School All Weather MUGA Pitches
- Shock Absorption Vertical Deformation Field Testing
- Should You Clean or Resurface Your Tennis Court?
- Size of 5 a Side Court MUGA
- Size of Netball Court Sports MUGAs
- Soft Services MUGA Sports Pitch Surfacing
- Spending Your Sport Premium Funding
- Sport England Primary Spaces PS4 Design
- Sport Pitches Surface Finishes
- Sports Coatings Macadam Acrylic Anti Slip Surface Paint
- Sports Court Anti Slip Painting in Leicester
- Sports Court Cleaning and Painting in Preston
- Sports Court Cleaning and Painting in Sheffield
- Sports court cleaning and painting in Sheffield, Yorkshire
- Sports Court Designs
- Sports Court Maintenance in Fleetwood, Lancashire
- Sports Facility Maintenance
- Sports Fencing
- Sports Pitch Specification
- Sports Pitch Surfacing
- Sports Rebound Fence
- Sports Surface
- Sports Surface Colour Coating in High Peak
- Sports Surface Construction
- Sports Surfacing Clean and Paint in Southport
- Sports Surfacing Rejuvenation Maintenance Golborne
- Sports-Cote Court Binder and Aggregate Rich Acrylic Non Slip Paint
- STP, ATP, MUGA 4G All Weather Pitches
- Synthetic AGP Sports Surfacing Maintenance
- Synthetic Grass Sports Surface Rejuvenation
- Synthetic Turf Football Field
- Synthetic Turf Football Field Installers
- Synthetic Turf Installation in Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire
- Synthetic Turf Pitch Ball Roll Tests
- Synthetic Turf Sports Pitch Construction
- Synthetic Turf Tennis Court Installation in London
- Tennis Court Clean & Paint Maintenance in York
- Tennis Court Cleaning and Repainting in Sheffield
- Tennis Court Construction
- Tennis Court Construction Specifications
- Tennis Court Contractors Refurbishment UK Directory
- Tennis Court Maintenance – Deep Clean and Recolouring
- Tennis Court Maintenance in Woking, Surrey
- Tennis Court Surfacing Maintenance in Yorkshire
- Tennis Court Surfacing Rejuvenation in Newcastle
- Tennis Court Synthetic Turf Cleaning Maintenance
- Tennis Courts Refurbishment Maintenance Lancashire
- Third Generation 3g Artificial Grass Sports Surfacing
- Type 1 Macadam Multi Use Games Area Sports Surfacing
- Unfilled Synthetic Sports Turf Surfacing
- Upgrade Convert Rundown Tennis Court MUGA
- Vertical Ball Rebound Bounce Sports Surfacing Tests
- Waterlogged Artificial Synthetic Turf Sports Pitches
- Waterlogged Synthetic All Weather Pitch Solutions
- Wetpour Sports Court Flooring in Dartmouth, Devon
- Wetpour Swimming Pool Surround Install in London
- What Are 3g Pitches?
- What Is the Tennis Court Builder?
- Why Choose an Artificial Hockey Pitch?