Synthetic Turf Installation in Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire
What was the specification? : 4 lane Multisport long jump
What colours were used? : Red and blue
What was the size of the job? : 120m²
How long did the job take? 7 day on site
What sub base was used? : Porous stone sub base
With over 20 years of experience, this is only one of our many projects where we have installed Synthetic Turf. This type of surface is most commonly seen as all-weather sports pitches for sports such as football and hockey. But this school have used it for their long and triple jump track, benefiting from the smooth level surfaces compared to their old worn synthetic track.
Synthetic Turf Installation
In the short video below our in house team of installers convert this old compacted stone long jump track, to a bright coloured activity area where the pupils can practice athletic sports to further careers to become professional sports people or Olympians.
This video highlights the process that we use to revitalise this area adding a sufficient sub-base to clear standing water and provide drainage to the surface. After this is completed the then lay the different colours of Synthetic turf to provide the lanes for the wearing course.
Please see video transcript below:
00:05 Hi, guys. It’s Dan from Soft Surfaces here. I’m still going to be showing you a Multi-Sport long jump installation for Vandyke Upper School in Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire.
00:12 So firstly, we examined the old surface, made sure it’s suitable for the surface that we’re going to lay and then also remove the area.
00:17 So as you can see, we’re removing it there for the long jump to be installed. Next, the curb edging is installed, so these are the edging that goes around the long jump, as you can see. So basically we fit them to obviously know where we’re going to build up to for the stone base.
00:25 As you can see, this is the stone base being installed now. So the stone sub-base is basically a necessary part for the Multi Sport to be installed onto, there we are laying it.
And finally, the Multi Sport synthetic turf is then installed.
00:39 So as you can see here, this is us installing the turf, adding to the color of the facility and it really makes it look great when it’s finished.
00:45 So here is the finished product now, you’re going to see some photos of that.
00:49 This is a really great facility, obviously we have four lanes on this, meaning that multiple kids can use it at the same time. It’s great for their educational and recreational use, whilst obviously giving them the ability to have a bit of fun on the playground and obviously learn about the sport long jump. And yeah, just a great surface all-round, really, for a school.
01:02 So we hope you enjoyed this video, and we’ll see you guys later.
Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire
Bedfordshire is the fourteenth most densely populated county of England and has over half the population living in the counties two largest built-up areas. Luton having a population of 236,000 and the county town of Bedford having 102,000 as of the 2011 census.
Bedfordshire has two of Englands six main highways that pass through Bedfordshire, the A1 and the A5. The A1 from London to Edinburgh sometimes know as the great northern road and the A5 between London and Holyhead Road passing through to Dunstable.
Feel free to get in touch with our team today if you have your own Long Jump design or have any questions about this specification. We would be happy to talk about this more and look at your budget so we can offer an affordable price. Please fill in our contact form with the details of your project and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.
- 3 Reasons to Build Dual Use MUGA Ball Court
- 3g 5-a-Side Football Pitch Installation in Hampshire
- 3G Artificial Grass Construction in Liverpool
- 3g Artificial Pitch Surfacing in Whitehall, London
- 3g Artificial Sports Pitch Construction in Woking, Surrey
- 3g Artificial Sports Pitch Resurfacing Contractors
- 3G Artificial Sports Pitch Resurfacing in Woking, Surrey
- 3g Football Pitch Resurfacing in Cheltenham Gloucestershire
- 3g Football Pitch Resurfacing in Hackney, London
- 3g Grass Installation in Bournemouth, Dorset
- 3g Grass Pitch Installation in Bradford, Yorkshire
- 3g Pitch Construction in Birmingham, West Midlands
- 3G Sports Pitch Construction
- 3g, 4g, 5g, 6g Artificial Synthetic Grass Pitches Explanation
- 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th Generation Sports Pitches – Difference in Specification
- 40mm Depth Longer Piled Synthetic Pitch Surfacing
- 5 Reasons Why Your Artificial Grass May Have Melted
- 5-a-Side Football Pitch 3g Artificial Grass Surfacing in Liverpool
- 5-a-Side Football Pitch Construction With 3g Artificial Turf
- 60mm Thick Long Pile Synthetic Turf All Weather Sports Pitches
- 7 a Side Soccer Long Pile Synthetic Grass Pitches
- Acrylic Sports Court Spraying Anti Slip Paint Surface
- Adidas Polymeric Installation in Keir Hardie, London
- All Purpose Sports Pitch Builders
- All Weather Pitch Sports Surfaces
- Anti Slip Sports Court Painting in Preston, Lancashire
- Artificial Cricket Wicket Surfacing
- Benefits of 3g Sports Pitches
- Benefits of Artificial Clay Tennis Court Surfacing
- Billions of Rubber Balls in Fake Grass – 3g, 4g, 5g, 6g Pitches?
- Cleaning and Painting of a Tennis Surface in Manchester
- Costs Constructing All Weather Pitch
- Costs to Build a Synthetic Clay Tennis Court
- Deep Cleaning Astroturf Sports Surfacing Maintenance
- Fibre Bonded Needlepunch Sport Surfacing
- Flooded Hockey Pitch Sand Infill Cleaning
- Flooding Astro Turf All Weather Pitch Needs Rejuvenation, Restoration Maintenance
- Floodlight All Weather Sports Pitch
- Floodlit Sports Surface Restoration Upgrade
- Golf Pathways
- How to Maintain a 3g Pitch in Winter
- Innovation of 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th Generation Synthetic Artificial Pitch?
- Lano Sports Drive 23 Sand Filled Synthetic Turf
- Leeds Tennis Court Cleaning and Repainting Surfacing
- MUGA Sports Court Cleaning and Painting at a school in Oxfordshire
- Multi Lane Polymeric Long Jump Construction in St Albans
- Multisport Long Jump Construction in Buckinghamshire
- MultiSport Long Jump Installation at a School in Essex
- MultiSport Long Jump Pit Installation in Coventry
- MultiSport Long Jump Pit Installation in Preston
- Multisport Long Jump with practice Lane Install in Leicester
- Multisport Runway Installation in Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
- Multisport Synthetic Long Jump Installation in Oxford
- MultiSport Synthetic Surface Install in Oxford
- Netball Court Construction in Stockport
- Outdoor Basketball Court Sports Surfaces
- Outdoor Football Court Sports Surfaces
- Outdoor Sports Surface Clean & Paint in Glasgow
- Outdoor Sports Surfacing Slip Tester Insitu Testing
- Padel Tennis Court Construction Contractors
- Padel Tennis Court Surfacing Installers
- Polymeric Resurfacing in Woking, Surrey
- Polymeric Surface Basketball Court Installation in Cheadle, Cheshire
- Practice Cage Cricket Wicket Surfaces
- Professional Tennis Court Painting
- Q26 Special Surfacing/Pavings for Sport/General Amenity
- Reasons Why All Weather Pitch Surfacing Gets Waterlogged and Flooded
- Recreational Basketball MUGA Sports Pitch
- Recreational Mini Tennis MUGA Sports Pitch
- Refurbishment of Run Down Netball Courts
- Repairing Synthetic Turf Sports Pitches
- Residential Tennis Court Clean & Paint in Coventry
- Rubber Golf Pathway Installation in Prestbury
- Rubber Mulch Daily Mile Track at a School in Manchester
- Rubber Playground and Artificial Grass Surfacing in Middlesbrough
- Sand Filled MUGA Surfacing
- Sand Filled Synthetic Turf Pitch Costs
- School All Weather MUGA Pitches
- Should You Clean or Resurface Your Tennis Court?
- Size of 5 a Side Court MUGA
- Size of Netball Court Sports MUGAs
- Soft Services MUGA Sports Pitch Surfacing
- Spending Your Sport Premium Funding
- Sport Pitches Surface Finishes
- Sports Court Anti Slip Painting in Leicester
- Sports Court Cleaning and Painting in Preston
- Sports Court Cleaning and Painting in Sheffield
- Sports court cleaning and painting in Sheffield, Yorkshire
- Sports Court Designs
- Sports Court Maintenance in Fleetwood, Lancashire
- Sports Facility Maintenance
- Sports Fencing
- Sports Pitch Specification
- Sports Pitch Surfacing
- Sports Rebound Fence
- Sports Surface
- Sports Surface Colour Coating in High Peak
- Sports Surface Construction
- Sports Surfacing Clean and Paint in Southport
- Sports Surfacing Rejuvenation Maintenance Golborne
- Sports-Cote Court Binder and Aggregate Rich Acrylic Non Slip Paint
- STP, ATP, MUGA 4G All Weather Pitches
- Synthetic AGP Sports Surfacing Maintenance
- Synthetic Grass Sports Surface Rejuvenation
- Synthetic Turf Football Field
- Synthetic Turf Football Field Installers
- Synthetic Turf Installation in Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire
- Synthetic Turf Pitch Ball Roll Tests
- Synthetic Turf Sports Pitch Construction
- Synthetic Turf Tennis Court Installation in London
- Tennis Court Clean & Paint Maintenance in York
- Tennis Court Cleaning and Repainting in Sheffield
- Tennis Court Construction
- Tennis Court Construction Specifications
- Tennis Court Contractors Refurbishment UK Directory
- Tennis Court Maintenance – Deep Clean and Recolouring
- Tennis Court Maintenance in Woking, Surrey
- Tennis Court Surfacing Maintenance in Yorkshire
- Tennis Court Surfacing Rejuvenation in Newcastle
- Tennis Court Synthetic Turf Cleaning Maintenance
- Tennis Courts Refurbishment Maintenance Lancashire
- Third Generation 3g Artificial Grass Sports Surfacing
- Type 1 Macadam Multi Use Games Area Sports Surfacing
- Unfilled Synthetic Sports Turf Surfacing
- Upgrade Convert Rundown Tennis Court MUGA
- Vertical Ball Rebound Bounce Sports Surfacing Tests
- Waterlogged Artificial Synthetic Turf Sports Pitches
- Waterlogged Synthetic All Weather Pitch Solutions
- Wetpour Sports Court Flooring in Dartmouth, Devon
- Wetpour Swimming Pool Surround Install in London
- What Are 3g Pitches?
- What Is the Tennis Court Builder?
- Why Choose an Artificial Hockey Pitch?