Outdoor Basketball Court Sports Surfaces
Basketball is a very popular sport in schools, colleges and leisure centres across the UK. This means there is a high demand for top quality outdoor basketball court facilities to play the sport. But you don’t have to have a court built just for basketball. You can install a multi use games area where a number of different sports can be played, including netball and tennis.
Specifications For an Outdoor Basketball Court
A modern-day outdoor basketball facility has standard sizes and dimensions of 28m x 15m. However, depending on the level or standard of sport that you wish to play, we can adapt this. We’ll customise the specification to suit many sizes of MUGA outdoor basketball courts. It all depends on budget, costs and size/location.
Basketball is a sport that you can play on various types of surfaces. The most common types are asphalt tarmacadam and EPDM rubber crumb polymeric/tartan surfaces. These surfaces can all have anti slip sports colour coatings and line markings applied in different colours so a number of different sports can be played on the same surface, including basketball, tennis and netball.
We commonly install these facilities at various locations in the UK. There are many schools and clubs with worn out sports courts which need updating. Our team can do this by thoroughly cleaning the existing area to remove dirt. We’ll then apply an anti-slip coating with fresh line markings in colours of your choice.
All Weather Sports Surfaces
Both macadam and polymeric surfaces are porous so they allow rainwater to drain through them. All of our all weather MUGA surfaces are porous to allow for good water drainage, preventing flooding and waterlogging which can cause damage to the surface and make it unsafe for people to use.
The good drainage characteristics of these sports surfaces mean they are usable in all weather conditions and at all times of the year. This is a great quality, especially in schools and colleges.
This video below shows the whole process of installing a polymeric basketball court in Manchester. Our team completed the groundworks, macadam base installation and applied the rubber EPDM surfacing on top.
Here at Soft Surfaces Ltd, we are specialist contractors who have a wealth of experience in the sports and play surfacing construction industry. We have helped many clients with advice and construction information regarding outdoor basketball courts and MUGA systems and we would be happy to discuss your project with you.
We can assist you with all aspects of your sports surfacing enquiry, including costs, quotes, specifications, construction and opportunities for financial help through funding grants and finance plans. If you would like more information about any of our other products or services including playground surfacing and sports pitch maintenance, please feel free to contact our team.
Speak to Us
To submit an enquiry, just fill in the contact form and we will be able to offer you advice for your outdoor basketball court project, as well as information regarding prices and quotes.
- 3 Reasons to Build Dual Use MUGA Ball Court
- 3g 5-a-Side Football Pitch Installation in Hampshire
- 3G Artificial Grass Construction in Liverpool
- 3g Artificial Pitch Surfacing in Whitehall, London
- 3g Artificial Sports Pitch Construction in Woking, Surrey
- 3g Artificial Sports Pitch Resurfacing Contractors
- 3G Artificial Sports Pitch Resurfacing in Woking, Surrey
- 3g Football Pitch Resurfacing in Cheltenham Gloucestershire
- 3g Football Pitch Resurfacing in Hackney, London
- 3g Grass Installation in Bournemouth, Dorset
- 3g Grass Pitch Installation in Bradford, Yorkshire
- 3g Pitch Construction in Birmingham, West Midlands
- 3G Sports Pitch Construction
- 3g, 4g, 5g, 6g Artificial Synthetic Grass Pitches Explanation
- 5 Reasons Why Your Artificial Grass May Have Melted
- 5-a-Side Football Pitch 3g Artificial Grass Surfacing in Liverpool
- 5-a-Side Football Pitch Construction With 3g Artificial Turf
- 60mm Thick Long Pile Synthetic Turf All Weather Sports Pitches
- 7 a Side Soccer Long Pile Synthetic Grass Pitches
- Acrylic Sports Court Spraying Anti Slip Paint Surface
- Adidas Polymeric Installation in Keir Hardie, London
- All Purpose Sports Pitch Builders
- All Weather Pitch Sports Surfaces
- Anti Slip Sports Court Painting in Preston, Lancashire
- Artificial Cricket Wicket Surfacing
- Benefits of 3g Sports Pitches
- Benefits of Artificial Clay Tennis Court Surfacing
- Billions of Rubber Balls in Fake Grass – 3g, 4g, 5g, 6g Pitches?
- Cleaning and Painting of a Tennis Surface in Manchester
- Costs Constructing All Weather Pitch
- Costs to Build a Synthetic Clay Tennis Court
- Deep Cleaning Astroturf Sports Surfacing Maintenance
- Fibre Bonded Needlepunch Sport Surfacing
- Flooded Hockey Pitch Sand Infill Cleaning
- Floodlight All Weather Sports Pitch
- Floodlit Sports Surface Restoration Upgrade
- Golf Pathways
- How to Maintain a 3g Pitch in Winter
- Innovation of 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th Generation Synthetic Artificial Pitch?
- Lano Sports Drive 23 Sand Filled Synthetic Turf
- Leeds Tennis Court Cleaning and Repainting Surfacing
- MUGA Sports Court Cleaning and Painting at a school in Oxfordshire
- Multi Lane Polymeric Long Jump Construction in St Albans
- Multisport Long Jump Construction in Buckinghamshire
- MultiSport Long Jump Installation at a School in Essex
- MultiSport Long Jump Pit Installation in Coventry
- MultiSport Long Jump Pit Installation in Preston
- Multisport Long Jump with practice Lane Install in Leicester
- Multisport Runway Installation in Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
- Multisport Synthetic Long Jump Installation in Oxford
- MultiSport Synthetic Surface Install in Oxford
- Netball Court Construction in Stockport
- Outdoor Basketball Court Sports Surfaces
- Outdoor Football Court Sports Surfaces
- Outdoor Sports Surface Clean & Paint in Glasgow
- Outdoor Sports Surfacing Slip Tester Insitu Testing
- Padel Tennis Court Construction Contractors
- Padel Tennis Court Surfacing Installers
- Polymeric Resurfacing in Woking, Surrey
- Polymeric Surface Basketball Court Installation in Cheadle, Cheshire
- Practice Cage Cricket Wicket Surfaces
- Professional Tennis Court Painting
- Q26 Special Surfacing/Pavings for Sport/General Amenity
- Reasons Why All Weather Pitch Surfacing Gets Waterlogged and Flooded
- Recreational Basketball MUGA Sports Pitch
- Refurbishment of Run Down Netball Courts
- Repairing Synthetic Turf Sports Pitches
- Residential Tennis Court Clean & Paint in Coventry
- Rubber Golf Pathway Installation in Prestbury
- Rubber Mulch Daily Mile Track at a School in Manchester
- Rubber Playground and Artificial Grass Surfacing in Middlesbrough
- Sand Filled MUGA Surfacing
- Sand Filled Synthetic Turf Pitch Costs
- School All Weather MUGA Pitches
- Should You Clean or Resurface Your Tennis Court?
- Size of 5 a Side Court MUGA
- Size of Netball Court Sports MUGAs
- Spending Your Sport Premium Funding
- Sports Court Anti Slip Painting in Leicester
- Sports Court Cleaning and Painting in Preston
- Sports Court Cleaning and Painting in Sheffield
- Sports court cleaning and painting in Sheffield, Yorkshire
- Sports Court Designs
- Sports Court Maintenance in Fleetwood, Lancashire
- Sports Facility Maintenance
- Sports Fencing
- Sports Pitch Specification
- Sports Pitch Surfacing
- Sports Rebound Fence
- Sports Surface Colour Coating in High Peak
- Sports Surface Construction
- Sports Surfacing Clean and Paint in Southport
- Sports Surfacing Rejuvenation Maintenance Golborne
- Sports-Cote Court Binder and Aggregate Rich Acrylic Non Slip Paint
- STP, ATP, MUGA 4G All Weather Pitches
- Synthetic AGP Sports Surfacing Maintenance
- Synthetic Grass Sports Surface Rejuvenation
- Synthetic Turf Football Field
- Synthetic Turf Football Field Installers
- Synthetic Turf Installation in Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire
- Synthetic Turf Pitch Ball Roll Tests
- Synthetic Turf Tennis Court Installation in London
- Tennis Court Clean & Paint Maintenance in York
- Tennis Court Cleaning and Repainting in Sheffield
- Tennis Court Construction
- Tennis Court Construction Specifications
- Tennis Court Maintenance – Deep Clean and Recolouring
- Tennis Court Maintenance in Woking, Surrey
- Tennis Court Surfacing Maintenance in Yorkshire
- Tennis Court Surfacing Rejuvenation in Newcastle
- Tennis Court Synthetic Turf Cleaning Maintenance
- Tennis Courts Refurbishment Maintenance Lancashire
- Third Generation 3g Artificial Grass Sports Surfacing
- Type 1 Macadam Multi Use Games Area Sports Surfacing
- Unfilled Synthetic Sports Turf Surfacing
- Upgrade Convert Rundown Tennis Court MUGA
- Vertical Ball Rebound Bounce Sports Surfacing Tests
- Waterlogged Artificial Synthetic Turf Sports Pitches
- Waterlogged Synthetic All Weather Pitch Solutions
- Wetpour Sports Court Flooring in Dartmouth, Devon
- Wetpour Swimming Pool Surround Install in London
- What Are 3g Pitches?
- Why Choose an Artificial Hockey Pitch?
Was this post helpful to you?
Do you think basketball is a good sport to play in schools?
Please let us know your thoughts in the comments below and don’t hesitate to share this post!